What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great Briton

taipan

Referee
His nickname for me now is Brexit,he knows how to exit.
At last we found a Brit whose not a Pommy.

Card Shark

Immortal
How about Joey Johns last night when Nikora hurt his back just before half time.

“Oh he’s got to go off” repeat repeat

Basically had him out for a month...then on he trots for the 2nd half & does that!

McLovin

Staff member
Quite impressed with his development. Good line runner. Has tackle busting ability and good speed. Needs some work defensively but that'll hopefully come with experience with the guys next to him.

chewsta

First Grade
f**k he is quick too! That line break and then deft little kick for Chad's penalty try was awesome at full stride.

Frenzy.

Immortal
If he went right on any of those breaks, xerri scores again and again.

The flip side. I wouldn’t expect that many TAs from a backrower in his fledgling year but he could have more LBAs. Needs to develop an offload and a pass in the next 20-30 games.

LBAs
0 vs Panther
0 vs Rooster
0 vs Eel
0 vs Cowboy
0 vs Titan
1 vs Knight

Avg .16

TAs
0 vs Panthers
0 vs Rooster
0 vs Eel
0 vs Cowboy
0 vs Titan
0 vs Knight (technically the kick was a TA but they don’t give it when its a penalty try)

Avg 0

Tiger Shark

Bench
The flip side. I wouldn’t expect that many TAs from a backrower in his fledgling year but he could have more LBAs. Needs to develop an offload and a pass in the next 20-30 games.

LBAs
0 vs Panther
0 vs Rooster
0 vs Eel
0 vs Cowboy
0 vs Titan
1 vs Knight

Avg .16

TAs
0 vs Panthers
0 vs Rooster
0 vs Eel
0 vs Cowboy
0 vs Titan
0 vs Knight (technically the kick was a TA but they don’t give it when its a penalty try)

Avg 0

He's got a passing game on him don't worry. Regular cut out passes to his wingers for the Jets. I'm sure we'll see it soon.

wibble

Bench
Yep, impressive youngster.

He does need to work on passing and defense, but he is an absolute rookie, and doing many things well already.

The line breaks are impressive, but the main thing we can take from the first 6 rounds is that he can handle first grade, which is not a given when we blood any rookie, no matter how promising in reserves.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yep, impressive youngster.

He does need to work on passing and defense, but he is an absolute rookie, and doing many things well already.

The line breaks are impressive, but the main thing we can take from the first 6 rounds is that he can handle first grade, which is not a given when we blood any rookie, no matter how promising in reserves.

I think all the rookies are doing well. I could even warm to The Pied Piper after last night.

I’ll still call them out thought :)

If we keep them all and can snare another old head amidst the salary cap shit somehow we have a new window opening up.

wibble

Bench
I think all the rookies are doing well. I could even warm to The Pied Piper after last night.

I’ll still call them out thought :)

If we keep them all and can snare another old head amidst the salary cap shit somehow we have a new window opening up.

It is easy to get carried away with juniors who come in and do a flashy thing or two, and it is fair enough to point out some of the basics they need to work on still.

There is a vast difference between a promising rookie and a seasoned first grader. We are all hoping that our crop of the former turn in to the latter.

The first step is done: look competent in a first grade side.

The second step: work on consistent skills and toughness even when targeted, will happen over the next two years, and hopefully get us a few good long term prospects.

Latest posts