What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ratings

Shark62

Juniors
It was 290K from memory, the other 19k covers the other three capitals. Either way, bizarre statistic to pull.
agreed. Sunday afternoon metro figure is never much higher. The afl figure wasn’t much better. Our fox was much higher than theirs. Swings and roundabouts.

Starkers

Bench
probably been discussed ad nauseum, but the fox coverage is so much better than ch9 ... it's almost like they are trying lose the ratings ... it cannot be much longer until someone over there wakes up and copies the fox coverage ... i suppose they are trying with 100% footy but they need something every night in a better timeslot, even if they push it to gem or something.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
probably been discussed ad nauseum, but the fox coverage is so much better than ch9 ... it's almost like they are trying lose the ratings ... it cannot be much longer until someone over there wakes up and copies the fox coverage ... i suppose they are trying with 100% footy but they need something every night in a better timeslot, even if they push it to gem or something.
The only thing holding Fox back (IMO) is the boys club shit in Matty Johns shows (I even find Professor more tolerable); and some of the less intelligent commentators. Anasta, Blocker come to mind

Marlins

Juniors
The Production, Sound and lighting from Fox is a million times miles better then Nein.
Fox just builds a better atmosphere. When I have to watch Nein, it’s boring.

Timmah

Staff member
Perhaps people are sick of seeing the Dogs three weeks in a row on FTA, I know I am
The lowest of the last three weeks on Nine was actually R3 v WT. 460K then went up to 552K last week and middled back at 505K this week.

Diesel

Coach
9 get what they pick. While the Bulldogs are one of the most popular teams in the competition, they aren’t performing as a must watch game. When you get 3 Sunday FTA games in a row of a bottom 4 team, you’re driving fans away. This isn’t being disrespectful to the Canterbury fans, it’s 9 being out of touch with what’s good for the game.for arguments sake, the R5 Brisbane v Tigers shifted to a Sunday would’ve outdrawn this same time slot

Timmah

Staff member
9 get what they pick. While the Bulldogs are one of the most popular teams in the competition, they aren’t performing as a must watch game. When you get 3 Sunday FTA games in a row of a bottom 4 team, you’re driving fans away. This isn’t being disrespectful to the Canterbury fans, it’s 9 being out of touch with what’s good for the game.for arguments sake, the R5 Brisbane v Tigers shifted to a Sunday would’ve outdrawn this same time slot
Completely speculative.

BuffaloRules

Coach
The absolute diabolical TV ratings in Perth for RL games has been the primary reason this past decade why they still don’t have a team..

BuffaloRules

Coach
Meanwhile the afl put 4 teams in two brand new markets despite the lack of demand. Aim small and you achieve nothing.

The AFL know how to use leverage in negotiations with TV networks.. I’m sure 7 aren’t over the moon getting clobbered in the ratings every time the Suns and Giants play in Qld and Sydney but they are forced to suck it up..

Seems like TV networks don’t want Perth in the NRL and the NRL have no stomach to challenge them..

Canard

Immortal
Standard def on GEM is virtually unwatchable. I haven't watched it by choice in 3 seasons.

Kayo is the only way to go.