What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

When someone else uses the stadium, they would have negotiated their own deal and we would get nothing directly, but would hope to pick up some increased patronage for the club and carpark.

this is probably a big factor in why the club brought in the paid parking scheme to grab some cash from people going to the stadium for other games who don't go into the leagues club

emjaycee

Coach
this is probably a big factor in why the club brought in the paid parking scheme to grab some cash from people going to the stadium for other games who don't go into the leagues club
The purpose behind the paid parking (vs free parking) is to limit/charge the number of people using the carpark and wandering into Parramatta for work. There would realistically only be about 50-60 event days per year at the stadium (best case maybe 100) yet there are 220 days where people go to work in Parramatta. All the streets around North Parramatta have timed parking for the same reason.

Club members get 3 hours free parking (longer if you spend more than $8 at the club) on non-event days.

strider

Post Whore
But there are issues.

1. For a start playing at Bankwest will attract bigger crowds and a better atmosphere than say anz, meaning a greater advantage for the team in both player motivation & 50/50 refereeing decisions.

2. Playing out of a new Bankwest stadium having outstanding corporate areas meaning greater sponsorship dollars, as well as crowds means more profitable margins for the club.

3. With the other major tennant the Wanderers and also other teams playing a few games here, club profits will also rise through car park revenue and extra patronage coming into the club.

4. Parramatta may end up playing 13 or 14 games at Bankwest as other are wanting in, meaning less travel for players, a more than 50/50 crowd for other teams home games such as the Roosters, and Parramatta will be more accustomed to the pitch.

This all means major benefits for the players, club revenue and fans meaning Parramatta will no doubt become a superpower in comparison to other Sydney clubs.

We will become self sufficient in no time. These are the issues that fans should be celebrating.

It will attract a signing or two as well - great facilities, recovery areas, best pitch in Au.
What the f**k has that got to do with kornys post you are replying to?

Why do people have to get all shitty and sling names around if someone makes a small comment that they think coloured seats might have looked a little nicer? ... do you think that means they are totally poo-pooing the entire stadium and everything about it? f**k no

why be so f**king defensive over f**king small opinions? .... have we deteriorated to a society thats only allowed to say positive things no matter what? ..... oh my the sheen of the pavers outside on the ground is exquisit .... that make you all feel better?

Its a shiny new stadium with heaps of benefits and good stuff - everyone knows that

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Why do people have to get all shitty and sling names around if someone makes a small comment that they think coloured seats might have looked a little nicer? ... do you think that means they are totally poo-pooing the entire stadium and everything about it? f**k no

why be so f**king defensive over f**king small opinions? .... have we deteriorated to a society thats only allowed to say positive things no matter what? ..... oh my the sheen of the pavers outside on the ground is exquisit .... that make you all feel better?

Its a shiny new stadium with heaps of benefits and good stuff - everyone knows that
Agree 100% with this.

Except for the sheen of the pavers, which is f**ken atrocious.

T-Boon

Coach
that's the point people are missing in all this, ticket sales and whatever they spend in the stadium all goes to the government or nrl but whatever they spend in the club goes to US

bring all the games you want!

It goes to the Leagues club, not the football club. Remember, the Leagues clubs plan is to give the Football club nothing.

chiefy1

Juniors
that's the point people are missing in all this, ticket sales and whatever they spend in the stadium all goes to the government or nrl but whatever they spend in the club goes to US

bring all the games you want!

I think we can safely say that any ticket sales of around 8-10k would cover the rent, and anything over would be profits, as well as a percentage of food and beverage.
Gained sponsorship will provide the club of more benefits.

I doubt that the tigers or dogs would have the same deal that Gurr fought the government for.

emjaycee

Coach
It goes to the Leagues club, not the football club. Remember, the Leagues clubs plan is to give the Football club nothing.
It gets confusing because of the way the companies are structured and the way they report their annual financials, as everything is shown in the PLC (leagues clubs) annual report (the football club doesn't publish a separate report), however the idea is that football related revenue (NRL grant/ticket sales/memberships/sponsorships/merchandise/etc.) covers all football related expenses (wages/game day costs/etc.) and the leagues club doesn't have to dip in to support it. This is not always realistic.

The NRL has recently limited Football Operations costs and obviously players salaries are also capped, so the non-capped expenses are where the leagues club can throw money at the football club. The less they need to support the football operations, the more we should see in the development of a CoE, increased input into junior league, and other related areas.

amitropo

Juniors
Disappointing Bank West hasn’t mentioned the Parra league parking next door, but provided a link to paid council parking in the area.
They are staging a Parra game so shouldn’t they be promoting our facilities as well?
Come to think of it leagues club is competition for pre game food and drinks11BBAF91-4F1C-49F2-9865-63F4D6EFD445.jpeg

It gets confusing because of the way the companies are structured and the way they report their annual financials, as everything is shown in the PLC (leagues clubs) annual report (the football club doesn't publish a separate report), however the idea is that football related revenue (NRL grant/ticket sales/memberships/sponsorships/merchandise/etc.) covers all football related expenses (wages/game day costs/etc.) and the leagues club doesn't have to dip in to support it. This is not always realistic.

The NRL has recently limited Football Operations costs and obviously players salaries are also capped, so the non-capped expenses are where the leagues club can throw money at the football club. The less they need to support the football operations, the more we should see in the development of a CoE, increased input into junior league, and other related areas.
https://www.parraleagues.com.au/pnrl-annual-report-2018/

strider

Post Whore
Disappointing Bank West hasn’t mentioned the Parra league parking next door, but provided a link to paid council parking in the area.
They are staging a Parra game so shouldn’t they be promoting our facilities as well?
Come to think of it leagues club is competition for pre game food and drinksView attachment 29181
Exactly. If peole have to spend at the club to get cheaper parking then the stadium wont be pushing em there .... no biggy im sure everyone knows their options

Kornstar

Coach
But there are issues.

1. For a start playing at Bankwest will attract bigger crowds and a better atmosphere than say anz, meaning a greater advantage for the team in both player motivation & 50/50 refereeing decisions.

2. Playing out of a new Bankwest stadium having outstanding corporate areas meaning greater sponsorship dollars, as well as crowds means more profitable margins for the club.

3. With the other major tennant the Wanderers and also other teams playing a few games here, club profits will also rise through car park revenue and extra patronage coming into the club.

4. Parramatta may end up playing 13 or 14 games at Bankwest as other are wanting in, meaning less travel for players, a more than 50/50 crowd for other teams home games such as the Roosters, and Parramatta will be more accustomed to the pitch.

This all means major benefits for the players, club revenue and fans meaning Parramatta will no doubt become a superpower in comparison to other Sydney clubs.

We will become self sufficient in no time. These are the issues that fans should be celebrating.

It will attract a signing or two as well - great facilities, recovery areas, best pitch in Au.

Ah, what? Read, strider's post below.

I agree with your benefits and i wasn't advocating anything other than i would watch my team at any ground.

Thank you, strider and both points.

It does seem that some may take offence that Eels fans like to think it is "our" stadium (hence the mention of the colour of the seats and who the colour scheme may favour ignites such passion), i don't really care if Wanderers fans want to think it is exclusively theirs and to be honest if Tigers fans want to think that way.

The reality is that it is "our" stadium when it matters to us (and whoever else uses it), essentially before and after a season the stadium doesn't exist to me and the only stadium i then call "home" is Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.

I am sure many football/soccer fans feel the same way about winter when the NRL season is on.

chiefy1

Juniors

I agree with your benefits and i wasn't advocating anything other than i would watch my team at any ground.

It does seem that some may take offence that Eels fans like to think it is "our" stadium (hence the mention of the colour of the seats and who the colour scheme may favour ignites such passion), i don't really care if Wanderers fans want to think it is exclusively theirs and to be honest if Tigers fans want to think that way.

The reality is that it is "our" stadium when it matters to us (and whoever else uses it), essentially before and after a season the stadium doesn't exist to me and the only stadium i then call "home" is Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.

I am sure many football/soccer fans feel the same way about winter when the NRL season is on.

Fair enough. Fire up for Monday.

TheRam

Coach
Ram,

Clubs who are using the stadium will make it their own, simply through the game day experience.
Seriously, we've just been gifted the best rectangular stadium in the country, and YOU want to complain about the colour of the seats?
FMD!!
As we've seen from many pics and videos, it looks like Parra's home ground when the lighting is all blue and gold.
It looks like the Wanderers home ground when it's all red.
Seriously mate, it ain't that big a deal.

bankwest-stadium.png

Sorry, it is just the way I feel. You build this great facility and then aesthetically you dress it down, why? To not offend any one particular group. Sorry I think the Stadium is the best thing to happen to both Parra and to RL in general, but that doesn't mean I can't also think the colour scheme chosen isn't ugly. It doesn't mean that I am not grateful, but remember, I also have paid my taxes that have made this a possibility, so I can have an opinion. Right?

Parra will always be the premier tenant, no matter who else plays there. So like I said, this only happened because governments have turned into these politically correct cancers. We can't offend anyone, so lets bend over backwards for any and all minorities, to the determent of the majority, even if it wouldn't have mattered one iota in regards to other teams playing there or not. No other tenant would of pulled the pin if the seating was blue.

Eelogical

Referee

I thought it was western Sydney's stadium. It may in fact be home to the joint venture Panther/Eels in the future. Who knows, who cares? The fact is, atm it's home to the Eels when it's our home game. That's all that matters.

Latest posts