What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

sempmrh

Juniors
Looked more than 17k from where I was sitting. I thought for sure it would have been approaching 20k so I was surprised to see the announced figure.

Slater1

Juniors
Looked more than 17k from where I was sitting. I thought for sure it would have been approaching 20k so I was surprised to see the announced figure.

The gaps were not in the "typical" places for AAMI Park.

There was plenty of empty seats in membership areas -- especially in the 'Thundersquad' areas behind the try zones.

I think there was definitely more 'casual' interest in the game last night than a regular H&A game (surprisingly plenty of Roosters supporters), but less members turned up than normal due to various reasons (Easter weekend, trains, a closed MCG car park, etc.)

Perth Red

Post Whore
where is perth red to criticize the melbourne crowd? oh wait...

I’m here! It was a very avg crowd for the event it was.
Kids free, top of the table. Gf replay, cronks return, should have been set for a 20-25k crowd I’d have thought. Not sure why it didn’t achieve that given event games of this type in the past have attracted 20k plus?

Have We played a game in Melbourne on Good Friday before? Given Souths dogs was also down 10k-15k and sharks crowd was pathetic maybe the off season is impacting people’s interest or people don’t want to go to footy at Easter any more?

If we only we could ask the missing 5k fans

taipan

Referee
Only if they drop to sharks level crowds

Well Sharks who have been middle of the road so far got 10,000 + on a weekday night playing a struggling out Sydney team who brought few ,because of that time and schedule.Whereas the Storm had a replay of the 2018 Grand final on a public holiday between the two in form teams and got 17,000 in an modern all seater stadium.
I wouldn't be leaping over the moon with joy.The Shark's crowd was ordinary and so by comparison was the Storm's

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well Sharks who have been middle of the road so far got 10,000 + on a weekday night playing a struggling out Sydney team who brought few ,because of that time and schedule.Whereas the Storm had a replay of the 2018 Grand final on a public holiday between the two in form teams and got 17,000 in an modern all seater stadium.
I wouldn't be leaping over the moon with joy.The Shark's crowd was ordinary and so by comparison was the Storm's

sharks crowd was sht, storms was very avg. there will always be excuses to be made.

taipan

Referee
sharks crowd was sht, storms was very avg. there will always be excuses to be made.

if the Sharks crowd was shit as you say and I'm not disagreeing with that view,the Storm's crowd with it's scheduling, stadium,transport ,and teams involved advantage ,is just a harder sh*t.
To suggest there were no advantages with the Friday scheduling/location and teams involved is delusion at its finest.

Perth Red

Post Whore
if the Sharks crowd was shit as you say and I'm not disagreeing with that view,the Storm's crowd with it's scheduling, stadium,transport ,and teams involved advantage ,is just a harder sh*t.
To suggest there were no advantages with the Friday scheduling/location and teams involved is delusion at its finest.

End of day 17k v 10k. One brought the avg up, other dragged the avg down.

I thought Melbourne was down around 3k what it could have been and sharks down around 4-5k.

taipan

Referee
End of day 17k v 10k. One brought the avg up, other dragged the avg down.

I thought Melbourne was down around 3k what it could have been and sharks down around 4-5k.

No the Sharks would have gotten around 13,000 on a weekend with Penrith
If you're talking averages yes.
If you are talking position on the ladder and profile and being a one city town with all the advantages provided,then the Storm's effort looks weaker.
The Storm get few 20,000 crowds each year.

14000 maybe? Has it ever sold out? Those stands at the end of the ground never appear to be full.

Filled up a lot in the 5 mins before kick off.

No sellout in the current configuration which would be 22-23k.

Record crowd was a 19.5k sellout against Cronulla before the new West stand.

Edit: Yeah. 14kish