What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

TheRam

Coach
Agreed Suit, at first I was one of those screaming it’s mainly Parra’s, but after attending the Wednesday night lights, seeing the atmosphere, lighting, acoustics of the arena, adding to that the back drop of the Leagues club, the possible new hotel beside it, it will always feel like ours on game day.

It’s new and everyone wants to be a part of it.
The same will happen when the other 2 sydney stadiums are developed and renovated.
This place will always be home in our hearts because of its location and nothing or anyone can take that advantage will we have when playing in there.
It’s the crowd that makes it a fortress.
We just have to sell out every game.

The reality is that we will have an average team during many seasons and therefore average crowds at best. Good luck making that colour scheme look good on TV and enticing when that Stadium is around half empty. When the camera pans out to show the stands, we may as well be watch 1950's black and white TV.

:(

TheParraboy

Staff member
The reality is that we will have an average team during many seasons and therefore average crowds at best. Good luck making that colour scheme look good on TV and enticing when that Stadium is around half empty. When the camera pans out to show the stands, we may as well be watch 1950's black and white TV.

It will look full (good) with empty blue and yellow seats? lol

TheRam

Coach
What the f**k has that got to do with kornys post you are replying to?

Why do people have to get all shitty and sling names around if someone makes a small comment that they think coloured seats might have looked a little nicer? ... do you think that means they are totally poo-pooing the entire stadium and everything about it? f**k no

why be so f**king defensive over f**king small opinions? .... have we deteriorated to a society thats only allowed to say positive things no matter what? ..... oh my the sheen of the pavers outside on the ground is exquisit .... that make you all feel better?

Its a shiny new stadium with heaps of benefits and good stuff - everyone knows that

Thank you Strider for being the voice of reason on this issue. You said it perfectly. I'm sure 99.9% of people realise how wonderful this stadium is over all. But I'm sure that 99.9% of people would also never have picked this colour scheme they were picking the seating either. It looks weird. Period. We are a colourful nation and love our colours. This is dull and bordering on boring ugly.

Suitman

Post Whore
Sorry, it is just the way I feel. You build this great facility and then aesthetically you dress it down, why? To not offend any one particular group.

No, it has been dressed down because it has been built on a tight budget. I took my son and a mate of his last Sunday to the open day. The first thing they said when we arrived (and they are no stadium experts), is that it looks really cheap on the outside with all that exposed structural steel framing. We did a lap of the stadium before we entered, and once we got to the western corporate side with all it flash cladding, they again raised the issue and said they wished the stadium had looked like that all around. It was then that I explained that to provide such a magnificent stadium , some design cost cutting measures needed to be made in other parts of the stadium, hence no external cladding on the north, east and southern sides.
By the time we had left 2 hours later, they didn't really care about what it looked like outside because it is so magnificent inside.

Sorry I think the Stadium is the best thing to happen to both Parra and to RL in general,

It is also the best thing to happen to the Wanderers, and rugby if they choose to use it more often, and it is a great venue for concerts and every other hirer that chooses to use it.

but that doesn't mean I can't also think the colour scheme chosen isn't ugly. It doesn't mean that I am not grateful,

That's fair enough and you've made your point.

I also have paid my taxes that have made this a possibility, so I can have an opinion. Right?

Of course you can. It's why I'm replying to you and expressing mine.

Parra will always be the premier tenant, no matter who else plays there.

That's an emotional and historical statement for the reasons I explained the other day. I've also always thought that Parramatta stadium was for the Eels, and the Eels only. But times have changed. This is a public facility for the use of anyone who wants to hire the venue. As for the Premier tenant, yes, during winter, the Eels probably will be. During the summer, the Wanderers will be the premier tenant and their fans will also see it that way. In fact, they will play more games there than the Eels will during the respective seasons.

So like I said, this only happened because governments have turned into these politically correct cancers. We can't offend anyone, so lets bend over backwards for any and all minorities, to the determent of the majority, even if it wouldn't have mattered one iota in regards to other teams playing there or not. No other tenant would of pulled the pin if the seating was blue.

Again, you are assuming this is the "EELS" ground. It is not. It is a stadium for western Sydney and anyone who wants to use it.

One last thing, I've never seen a stadium that has empty seats on a game day that aren't visible, regardless of what colour they are. The only one that comes close is The Gabba, and that seating colour choice is deplorable. Thank goodness we didn't go down that path. AAMI Park in Melbourne is even worse with the green seats.
That's my opinion and I'm happy to for you to have yours. I just disagree with it, that's all.

Suitman

Post Whore

As I said in my above reply, it wouldn't matter what colour the seats were if there's a small crowd in attendance and the seats are visible. Just be thankful that we didn't go down the green or red path.

Kornstar

Coach
The first thing they said when we arrived (and they are no stadium experts), is that it looks really cheap on the outside with all that exposed structural steel framing. We did a lap of the stadium before we entered, and once we got to the western corporate side with all it flash cladding, they again raised the issue and said they wished the stadium had looked like that all around.

What are you talking about? They said in one of those videos that they planned it that was to "show off" the steel and Australian made steel at that.

:p

Gronk

Staff member
As I said in my above reply, it wouldn't matter what colour the seats were if there's a small crowd in attendance and the seats are visible. Just be thankful that we didn't go down the green or red path.
FFS It was a clever move by the designers of the stadium to make it a generic grey, yet with a flick of a switch technology creates a light show “skin” which reflects the tenant of the day.

FFS tenants of ANZ have to drape huge banners (dogs, rabbitohs etc) just to create some sort of a home ground atmosphere.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
So do we close this thread at 4.06pm tomorrow?
Rename it more likely. We still have the redevelopment of both Allianz and ANZ too.

Then there is the light rail in Parramatta plus the ongoing gentrification of Parra CBD.

What should it be called ?

emjaycee

Coach
Rename it more likely. We still have the redevelopment of both Allianz and ANZ too.

Then there is the light rail in Parramatta plus the ongoing gentrification of Parra CBD.

What should it be called ?
Well if you want to keep it going to discuss all the other major developments that are happening, maybe we should rename it the "Sydney's Hot Infrastructure Thread" or just "SHIT" for short.

Latest posts