What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Cowboys game thread

Burns

First Grade
... Luke was off for that long? Wow; why? Followed updates from overseas, seems like another super disappointing game

Big Marn

Juniors
Who thinks we should just can the big boppas on the wing strategy? We had at least 3 opportunities when speed on the edge would have ended up in tries. Maumalo looks like hes in quicksand most games.
It doesnt always have to be about return metres from the back 3. And using Fusitua as a battering ram has finally ended with him being smashed and injured.

Storm seem to do just fine without big wingers. They have serious wheels out there and their FORWARDS get most of the metres required to get into attacking positions.

Not having a go at Maumalo in particular, as most of the team was horrendous. (Hello Adam Blair).

But going forward, we need to consider some alternate game strategies because our current one is clearly not working with the personnel out there at the moment.

vvvrulz

Coach
Wow, what a complete cock up.

We had that game and tossed it away.

Moments that stood out: Blair delivering one of his special nights, Hiku with one the least committed halves efforts I've ever seen, Kata with a ball between the legs and one of his usual glory runs when the Cows were shot out wide, run-all-night Maumalo having no clue what he's doing on the wing.

This group of clowns were utterly diabolical and once again, we field liabilities, we lose matches.

Without RTS and Tohu Harris we'd be at the bottom of the ladder.

Campion

Juniors
I agree with the guy above about not having battering rams for wingers. I think Fusitua is ok, but Maumalo is just not a winger's butthole. You know, you could carry that but then you add the Hiku and Kata as centres and it's just too much amatuer hour on the edges in both attack and defense. Also, our players are not smart! We make a break down one edge. Kata gest the ball and in stead of spreading to hte other edge where all their players are retreating, he does a hungus charge for the line. we are MORONS!!

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Kata - f**k off

Blair - f**k off

Hiku - f**k off

Tevaga - f**k off

Maumalo - Learn to second row or f**k off.

Papali'i - You're not Tapau, drop the gym junkie vibe, trim up so you're not gassed after 5 minutes or f**k off.

Kearney - Stop selecting these low IQ, mental midget, gym rat athletes without a footballing brain between them or f**k off.

Iafeta

Referee
Wow, what a complete c**k up.

We had that game and tossed it away.

Moments that stood out: Blair delivering one of his special nights, Hiku with one the least committed halves efforts I've ever seen, Kata with a ball between the legs and one of his usual glory runs when the Cows were shot out wide, run-all-night Maumalo having no clue what he's doing on the wing.

This group of clowns were utterly diabolical and once again, we field liabilities, we lose matches.

Without RTS and Tohu Harris we'd be at the bottom of the ladder.

Speaking of low effort efforts by a half....
I’m sure he was following a game plan but CHT couldn’t have given less fks if he tried. His game plan was catch ball hiff ball to someone else.

His best footy coming through has always been eyes up football. He was really trying to be Blake Green, even playing like he’s 64 as well.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Speaking of low effort efforts by a half....
I’m sure he was following a game plan but CHT couldn’t have given less fks if he tried. His game plan was catch ball hiff ball to someone else.

His best footy coming through has always been eyes up football. He was really trying to be Blake Green, even playing like he’s 64 as well.

CHT was doing that because he knew he was in it on his own with Hiku doing nothing. Unfair on the kid, needs Green or at least Keighran there.

Congrats to everyone who didn't bother watching that game.
I paid to go to the game.
Most of has been covered, but seem to little to no plan inside the 20m.
RTS error at back was costly.
Blair pathetic.
Bench use mind boggling
Hiku at 6 a waste of space, give it to Adam.
Just some really stupid plays out there.
Nothing with change and Storm will put 50 on us.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The worst thing is I see most of the team putting in out there. But they’re getting dragged down by the same core of ineptitude week after week, Kata, Hiku, Blair and (sometimes) Tevaga, plus a lack of attacking game plan and game management in Green’s abscence. How long until the rest of them get sick of bashing their heads against the wall and start phoning it in?

Hawks

Juniors
The worst thing is I see most of the team putting in out there. But they’re getting dragged down by the same core of ineptitude week after week, Kata, Hiku, Blair and (sometimes) Tevaga, plus a lack of attacking game plan and game management in Green’s abscence. How long until the rest of them get sick of bashing their heads against the wall and start phoning it in?
Totally agree . Its the same guys every week making the same stupid mistakes yet they are still getting picked. Didnt Cameron George come out at the start of the season and say that fans will get a refund on their season ticket if they are not happy with the teams performance after 6 weeks. Is it time for a fan revolt ?stop going to games till there is more accountability? What else as fans can we do to show our disappointment surely if no one turns up to games management must listen to us.

Benek

Juniors
Why have Hiku in halves if he's not going to ever get involved? AK should have been there.

Why did Chanel shovel ball to outside man without ever attempting to engage the line?

Why did Jazz get time at hooker with Roache on bench?

Why is Blair still an NRL player?

Will Kata ever be dropped?

Why is Mooks so idiotic with the interchange?

Why does losing Green turn us into a bumbling pack of geniuss?

How long can RTS try to carry the entire team on his shoulders?

Rich102

Staff member
Hate to harp on about Tevaga - he had a good game last week - and another last year.
But that set in the opposition 20 when we turned down the 2 points and took the tap instead.
Tevaga took the ball about 5 times and died with it every time. The guy just isn't very skilled.

Kearney is just geniused; how much proof does he need that his selections just aren't working?

Hope Cameron George has a Plan B.