What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Burgess Appointed As Rabbitohs Captain

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I don’t know if Sam is captain material. He is our enforcer but he loses his cool pretty easily which was seen against Lachlan Lewis. I love Sam as a player but maybe someone like Reynolds would be more suited to the role. Sam plays best when he’s just doing Sam stuff. I think Murray is our future captain.

Pommy

Coach
I don’t know if Sam is captain material. He is our enforcer but he loses his cool pretty easily which was seen against Lachlan Lewis. I love Sam as a player but maybe someone like Reynolds would be more suited to the role. Sam plays best when he’s just doing Sam stuff. I think Murray is our future captain.

I think Reynolds is to injury prone, nothing against the guy but he misses too many matches. Sam would end up being captain for a good number of the games anyway.

Crowe

Juniors

I have to agree.
Murray still a bit raw to be captain though.

English Rose

Juniors
Sam has practically been Souths captain for the last year anyway with the amount of time Inglis spent on the field and Souths seem to have done ok.

Plus he questions referees decisions which is a good thing!

He has also captained his country under Bennett so he knows what is best.

He is a natural born leader and is the perfect choice for captain!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I think Reynolds is to injury prone, nothing against the guy but he misses too many matches. Sam would end up being captain for a good number of the games anyway.

Yeah I think you’re right but he has had a pretty good run with injuries in the past year so he could be improving on that front. He also seems to have that “brush it off attitude” when people target him and I think that’s perfect for a captain to stay cool. He’s a good laugh in the sheds from what I can see on Instagram. At his best he’s a genuine match winner im just curious to see what giving him the captain role would do to his game. He is a big confidence player after all.

Alternatively, I thought Sam could have handled himself better on the weekend as it wasn’t even Lachlan Lewis that was making those swinging arm tackles it was Rhyse Martin but Sam seemed to not care. He just wanted to put a hit on Lachlan Lewis. I love this but it’s why he’s more of an enforcer than a captain.

Btw to everyone else this isn’t a knock on Sam I love the bloke and i think we are paying unders for him for what he brings to the team.

Last edited:

Latest posts