What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Magpies Forever

Juniors
How is Liddle going in NSW cup?

With his luck, probably tripped over blade of grass and injured knee for 4 weeks. Last I heard he had actually injured himself at training and,was out. No idea if he is back but I do think we have to look elsewhere to have back up hooker. Sometimes both club and player (Liddle) have to move on to change luck. Certainly both club and player haven't had much luck in this instance.

Sometimes the player we need might be already in the club?

Look at young Braden Robson, he finished 2018 as captain of reserves playing in the centres. He joined the club from Newcastle as a 5/8.

'Someone' at the club thought it worth a gamble of playing him as a No 9 in 2019,
Rd 1 - 46 minutes,
Rd 2 - 53 minutes,
Rd 3 - 71 minutes,
Rd 4 - 80 minutes &
Rd 5 - 80 minutes

I don't know how he's going, I have no idea if he's a 9 who wants to get back out to the backs but looking at the NSW Cup stats, he seems to be going OK based on his stats.

It will be interesting to see what they do with him when Liddle does return.

The unknown

Juniors
What is the contract situation with Lomax @ the Dragons? A young centre who can't get a start despite showing class in the limited game time he's had

Also a real good goal kicker

Vic Mackey

Referee
What is the contract situation with Lomax @ the Dragons? A young centre who can't get a start despite showing class in the limited game time he's had

Also a real good goal kicker

Under contract for a couple of years. Saw an interview with him recently where he said he grew up as a massive Tigers fan

west4ever

Juniors
There is a lot of good players off contract next year, the broom has to go through this joint, the players I’d like to see recruited are, David Fifita and Matthew lodge from broncos, Blake green and Lachlan burr from warriors, Silvia Havili from raiders, Jesse Ramien from knights, Zac Lomax from dragons, Maika sivo from eels. We need players like this at our club.

west4ever

Juniors
2020 team in my dreams look like this.
1- Thompson or Mbye
2- Sivo ( from parra )
3- Ramien ( from knights )
4- Lomax ( from dragons ) goal kicker
5- Jennings or Nofoaluma
6- Green ( from warriors )
7- Brooks
8- Lodge ( from broncos )
9- Havili ( from raiders )
10-Matulino
11-Matterson
12-Lawrence ( Captain )
13-Twal
Bench
14-Fifita. ( from broncos )
15-Burr. ( from warriors )
16-Aloia or Makele
17-masters or Liddel
What do you think about them recruits, having a team something like this in 2020 or even better.

Last edited:

Magpies Forever

Juniors
For starters Lodge will never come back to WT- he has a chip on his shoulder over us firing him over the little episode in USA.

Apart from that might as dream, although I'd be moving Brooks to 5/8 and recruiting a new half.

west4ever

Juniors
This years team asap
1- Tompson
2- Nofoaluma
3- Momirovski
4- Masters
5- Jennings
6- Mbye
7- Brooks
8- matulino
9- Farah
10-Twal
11-Matterson
12-Taylor
13-eisenhouth
14-makele
15-Aloia
16-Packer ( needs to have a go )
17- MCK
Can’t get much better for this year

tiger102

Juniors
My 2020 team would look like this.
1- Mbye
2- Thompson
3- Marsters
4- Takairangi (Parra)
5- Jennings
6- Brooks
7- O'Sullivan ( Broncos)
8- Welch ( Storm)
9- Koroisau (Manly) or (Egan)
10-Tatola ( Souths)
11-Matterson
12-Lawrence ( Captain )
13-Twal
Bench
14-Stimson (Storm)
15-Hamlin-uele ( Sharks)
16- Makele
17-B-Robson
18-Aloiai
19-Mago (Broncos)
20-Grey ( Sharks)
21-Packer

Still, need outside backs with pace so maybe Niko ( Canberra) Funa (Manly) Hiroti (Souths) Masters ( Dragons) and young McGrady ( Panthers) watch him last year for Souths Logan a good young player.

Tiger05

First Grade
We need some outside backs with pace, a 6 if Reynolds doesn't perform and a 9 if Liddle doesn't come on. That is the start. Then we need to look at moving on replacing Packer and Matulino as their contracts expire.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Kevin Naiqama scored 4 tries for St Helens on the weekend...probably just the kind of tackle busting, try scoring machine centre we need.

;)

Tiger05

First Grade
Kevin Naiqama scored 4 tries for St Helens on the weekend...probably just the kind of tackle busting, try scoring machine centre we need.

;)

The truth is he had developed into a quality player when we let him go. He is exactly what we need in the centres.

Das Hassler

Bench
Lodge?....may as well ask Luke O'Donnell if he wants another run with us ..Lodge is through his prove em wrong energy burst and just another grunt now without Bennet ...in fact he should be following Bennett to souths if he knows what's good for him.

Latest posts