What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Rule Change Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie jesus

Staff member
1. Any player with a contract of $1000 or undrafted free agent can be placed on the development squad
This one needs some thinking about in regards to the salary when the player gets put back onto the active roster, I think it needs a bit of a bump up for non-WRs/RBs.

2. Should I look at different schedule/conference setups, could just keep the same setup and switch teams around or just leave it as is?

3. 48-hour timer for auctions in free agency.
We zoom through free agency with 24-hour timer and we always finish early.

4. Add 2 rounds to the rookie draft

5. Change to cap penalties - one year contract, the whole cap hit goes on the current year instead of splitting, multi-year contract gets split.
Example:
Joe Smith, $2000, 1 year - cap hit of $400 goes onto the 2019 cap
Greg McGreg, $2000, 3 years - cap hit of $400 goes to the 2019 cap, $800 to the 2020 cap

7. Hard limit of roster numbers and cap numbers through the season
I'll leave it soft while we go through the offseason so you're not restricted through free agency, but once we kick off you won't be able to add players if it takes you over the salary cap or roster limit.

nick87

Coach
1. Any player with a contract of $1000 or undrafted free agent can be placed on the development squad
I dont think it should be ANY player, i think it should be restricted to any 1k UDFA. As long as it's a 1k rookie, they should be able to go on the DS.

2. Should I look at different schedule/conference setups, could just keep the same setup and switch teams around or just leave it as is?
Always fun to switch it up every now and again, would be fine with the divisions taking a shake up.

Agreed. Gives everyone a bit more time to get their bids in.

REALLY keen on this.

5. Change to cap penalties - one year contract, the whole cap hit goes on the current year instead of splitting, multi-year contract gets split.
All in one year, it's easier to manage then and also works the same way as the NFL itself.

100% must happen in season. It's too easy to creep over the limit and you shouldnt have to police it. Hard cap and roster for sure. Really good that you can make it flexible in pre season so we can cook with our rosters, but yeah there should be a cut down date and then hard cap until the end of season

kurt faulk

Coach
I dont think it should be ANY player, i think it should be restricted to any 1k UDFA. As long as it's a 1k rookie, they should be able to go on the DS.

Always fun to switch it up every now and again, would be fine with the divisions taking a shake up.

Agreed. Gives everyone a bit more time to get their bids in.

REALLY keen on this.

All in one year, it's easier to manage then and also works the same way as the NFL itself.

100% must happen in season. It's too easy to creep over the limit and you shouldnt have to police it. Hard cap and roster for sure. Really good that you can make it flexible in pre season so we can cook with our rosters, but yeah there should be a cut down date and then hard cap until the end of season

i concur.

Working fine how it is not often a player gets one bid and is gone within 24hrs not anybody decent anyway.

zombie jesus

Staff member
One more week to have your say.

None of the changes are huge shifts to what we already do so unless a few people have issue I'll just implement them instead of running a vote.

I'll finalise the rule changes, update the rule thread, set up timeline for tag designations etc over the long weekend coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts