What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
So Flegg led 10-0 after ten minutes and lost 36-10. What's with these merkins? They are 0 from 5.

A better question is probably what isn't with these merkins? Kaufusi, Utoikamanu, Parry, Brown, NAukafolau. All either injured or playing higher grades. Put these 5 in and I reckon we'd be close to the top of the ladder.

The forward pack in particular is pretty light on, I think the introductions of Hollis and Hughes when Ball finishes will improve them slightly but both would probably only play a combined 50 minutes a game.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
A better question is probably what isn't with these merkins? Kaufusi, Utoikamanu, Parry, Brown, NAukafolau. All either injured or playing higher grades. Put these 5 in and I reckon we'd be close to the top of the ladder.

The forward pack in particular is pretty light on, I think the introductions of Hollis and Hughes when Ball finishes will improve them slightly but both would probably only play a combined 50 minutes a game.

Salmon is also still eligible for 20’s too.

T-Boon

Coach
See Josh Curran debuted for the Roosters. He was an Eels junior. He will probably be pretty good and the club should put in a bid.

hindy111

Post Whore

Sharks where 1st and got belted 50-10 by Penrith.
But Xerri and Bailey prob could be playing. I don't no age of team but my observations are in 20s that the teams with more squad members in last year b3fore moving up seem to be stronger.

Hearing Noel Akafolou will possibly return to 20s this weekend v Knights.
Pj is not far off either.!

Parra are struggling big time with a lack of forwards. Both the middles and edge forwards are being dominated in both attack and defence.
To many mistakes and unforced errors costing the team. Completion rate is very low and the team seems to defend more than any team iv seen.
Without the forwards laying a platform it makes it hard on the halves and hookers.
We unfortunately have no depth and with SG Ball playing finals this weekend it wont be long till we see both Hollis and Hughes playing 20s.

The 20s team has suffered some injuries in key positions over the past few weeks,
Tasipale (Backrow) Eye surgery
Cronin (Lock) Shoulder AC i believe
Tui (Centre) Family
Vea (Utility) Knee
Porter (prop) Concussion
Duggan (Prop) Hand surgery.

On top of that some players struggling for form and some consistency. The boys need to start playing for each other and for themselves. Only a couple of boys are trying week in and week out and carrying other players.

We obviously have a few boys about to return from injuries and other players playing up in Nsw cup and Nrl, But for mine that is an excuse.!
We are a strong club with great juniors and for what ever reasons we are just not performing at present. The players need to be held accountable.

Fingers crossed things change and what ever is not currently working suddenly changes and the boys can gain some confidence and string a few wins together.

But this weekends task doesn't get any easier for the team against a strong Knights team who have won the last 4 on the trot.

Gronk

Staff member
Jed is an interesting one. He was suppose to finish school at the end of this year. Unless he repeated. As QLD finish school the year earlier than us.

I remember that Bateup kid watching him play in the national final v Parra 2016.

We also have Vea still in Flegg plus 2 other hookers.

Will be interesting to see where Schneider plays.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So we're in the grand final next week against the winner of Manly vs Central Coast, kicking off now or another time.

Edit: nope, somehow one of the Feagais scored after full time and we lost.