What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Kennedy

Inferno

Coach
Didn't see a separate thread on Mr. Kennedy.

He had a decent game but wasn't much interested in catching bombs.

For those that have seen him in the lower grades could he play on the wing or is he a fullback only?

Stake Removed

First Grade
Didn't see a separate thread on Mr. Kennedy.

He had a decent game but wasn't much interested in catching bombs.

For those that have seen him in the lower grades could he play on the wing or is he a fullback only?

I thought Mr Kennedy did well, he is a ball player will only get better for the run, not sure about wing though, looks out and out fullback

Card Shark

Immortal
His bomb catching was very nervous like...almost like he was on debut or something?? ;)

Besides the deer in the headlights bomb catching (which no doubt will improve), I thought he had a great debut, contrary to CB4 stating he will never be a first grader!!

Quigs

Immortal
My best memory of Williams debut game was when Cleary scored after a grubber and the pill hit the post and skewed away.

Williams was there in cover but slipped to the ground when the ball diverted behind him. It was not his fault but he took it hard.

He was lying on the turf punching into the ground out of frustration. He was totally pissed with what had happened.

I know where the blokes heart is. He is a keeper. Give him time.

Frenzy.

Immortal
My best memory of Williams debut game was when Cleary scored after a grubber and the pill hit the post and skewed away.

Williams was there in cover but slipped to the ground when the ball diverted behind him. It was not his fault but he took it hard.

He was lying on the turf punching into the ground out of frustration. He was totally pissed with what had happened.

I know where the blokes heart is. He is a keeper. Give him time.

Interesting. How did Kennedy react?

Silly old coot!

‘’’’’’ borrow one of these

Frenzy.

Immortal
Interesting. How did Kennedy react?

Silly old coot!
None of the fullbacks caught many bombs, the breeze was sending them all over the place. Most of Penriffs kicks were high floaters, virtually impossible not to drop a few.

Funny that the commentators in the one in the first half said he did the right thing. I thought he did as well.

Should have had a go at the one in the second half I thought

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
To answer the OP, Will has played wing for Newtown. Is certainly more suited to fullback, similar to Moylan, Barba as opposed to M Gordon or Dugan

We tried Dugan @ fullback and we lost both games and Josh did not play well.

To John Morris' credit, after a couple of losses, he dumped Katoa, put Will in at fullback and tried Dugan on the wing and we won.

So I expect

1. Will Kennedy
5. Josh Dugan

I think Kennedy will be fullback until Moylan returns.

Dugan's may push Xerri to the wing, that would be very disappointing.

chewsta

First Grade
A friend of mine was at the game with her family her and her young daughter both decked out in Sharks gear and her young son in a panthers Jersey. After the game the son got embarrassed and did his jacket up to cover the Panthers colours. On the victory lap Kennedy see's the family in sharks gear comes over and says hello and then gives the son his boots. Might have converted the young fella over to the BW&B and a lifetime of suffering.

chewsta

First Grade
Oh and I thought he played well too. looked a bit gun Shy but it will give him a massive shot of confidence and will only get better. Good to have someone come into the team that actually plays that position week in week out.

Latest posts