What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Nathan Brown the second most overrated coach ever?

Well, is he?

• Yes

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • No, Ricky Stuart is first and second

Votes: 41 66.1%

• Total voters

Charlie124

First Grade
Take over after Paul Green... Brown's Cows?
I hate myself for this... but ill bite anyway.

Paul Green's coaching career statistics

2017: NQ Cowboys head coach - Grand Final Runners Up
2016: NQ Cowboys head coach - Prelim Finalist
2015: NQ Cowboys head coach - Grand Final Winners
2014: NQ Cowboys head coach - Semi Finalists
2014: NQ Cowboys head coach - Auckland Nine's Grand Final Winners
2013: SYD Roosters assistant coach - Grand Final Winners
2013: SYD Roosters Toyota Cup head coach - Prelim Finalist
2012: Wynnum Manly Seagulls head coach - Grand Final Winners
2012: Queensland Residents head coach - Winners
2011: Wynnum Manly Seagulls head coach - Grand Final Winners

So while the class of 2018 might be going through a bad slump and we can just about write off the season altogether (if we haven't already), i don't think coach Green even enters the conversation about "overrated coaches".

Lambretta

First Grade
Brock Lamb will go the same way as Jake Mamo, Adam Clydsdale and Beau Henry. Hyped up but never really amounted to anything.

You wash your mouth out sonny Jim - Jake Mamo is having a wicked time in Huddersfield
He got injured and Huddersfield looked absolutely hopeless

They had won one game and conceded 8,000,000 points and scored 2

Then he returned - just look at the difference a Mamo makes

Before Mamo
Mamoless 28 v Castleford 40
Mamoless 12 v Manc Twats 30
Scouse gits 66 v Mamoless 4
Sheep shaggers 38 v Mamoless 4

Mamo infusion
Huddersfield 28 v Pretend Scouse gits 18
AlmostCastleford Trinity 22 v Huddersfield 25
Man Twats 16 v Huddersfield 24

3 wins on the trot for the Giants and Mamo has scored three tries. THREE TRIES
I call that stepping the light fantastic.......

Right, time for my meds

Spade

Juniors
At least he doesn't chuck the dummy and leave whenever his sides start losing like Stuart has now at 3 clubs, NSW and Australia, only took 1 loss as Aussie coach and he lost it haha.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Connor Watson is the first choice at 6 and even Jack Cogger had been preferred at times ahead of Lamb.
But don't let facts get in the way of a good story.
Watson was injured as well at the start... they are a decent off season from being good again, can’t buy the comp in one season like other teams

Silent Knight

First Grade
You wash your mouth out sonny Jim - Jake Mamo is having a wicked time in Huddersfield
He got injured and Huddersfield looked absolutely hopeless

They had won one game and conceded 8,000,000 points and scored 2

Then he returned - just look at the difference a Mamo makes

Before Mamo
Mamoless 28 v Castleford 40
Mamoless 12 v Manc Twats 30
Scouse gits 66 v Mamoless 4
Sheep shaggers 38 v Mamoless 4

Mamo infusion
Huddersfield 28 v Pretend Scouse gits 18
AlmostCastleford Trinity 22 v Huddersfield 25
Man Twats 16 v Huddersfield 24

3 wins on the trot for the Giants and Mamo has scored three tries. THREE TRIES
I call that stepping the light fantastic.......

Right, time for my meds

You've convinced me. I'm sure Kalyn Ponga will be happy with an extended stint in reggies to allow for the return of The Great Meemo. While we're at it we'll never get anywhere with Mitch Pearce, we should bring back the veritable Man of Steel Scott Dureau.

Life's Good

Coach
I saw highlights of the game and its the same story of Parra players looking like they just met each other.
All well and good to talk about being embarrassed, not good enough etc. but it looks like they are further away from a win than ever.
Surely BA is in the firing line.

Maroon4life

Juniors
I hate myself for this... but ill bite anyway.

Paul Green's coaching career statistics

2017: NQ Cowboys head coach - Grand Final Runners Up
2016: NQ Cowboys head coach - Prelim Finalist
2015: NQ Cowboys head coach - Grand Final Winners
2014: NQ Cowboys head coach - Semi Finalists
2014: NQ Cowboys head coach - Auckland Nine's Grand Final Winners
2013: SYD Roosters assistant coach - Grand Final Winners
2013: SYD Roosters Toyota Cup head coach - Prelim Finalist
2012: Wynnum Manly Seagulls head coach - Grand Final Winners
2012: Queensland Residents head coach - Winners
2011: Wynnum Manly Seagulls head coach - Grand Final Winners

So while the class of 2018 might be going through a bad slump and we can just about write off the season altogether (if we haven't already), i don't think coach Green even enters the conversation about "overrated coaches".

More interested in seeing how he goes this year onwards TBH, he had a great team when he took over, how he rebuilds and whether he can deliver post Scott & Thurston will tell us more.

Bronco18

Juniors
More interested in seeing how he goes this year onwards TBH, he had a great team when he took over, how he rebuilds and whether he can deliver post Scott & Thurston will tell us more.

Morgan needs a rest, and the whole team will benefit from the face lift that will come with the Thurston and Scott money.

I think they'll be back up there soon.

EDIT: But goddamn, wasn't letting Ponga go and retaining Coote on a 3 year option a colossal c%$k up in hindsight. That must keep up ol Greeny at night.

Maroon4life

Juniors
Morgan needs a rest, and the whole team will benefit from the face lift that will come with the Thurston and Scott money.

EDIT: But goddamn, wasn't letting Ponga go and retaining Coote on a 3 year option a colossal c%$k up in hindsight. That must keep up ol Greeny at night.

Still have the makings of a strong team but he’s got some work to do.

Charlie124

First Grade

People keep saying this...

Ponga was never "let go", the Cowboys did absolutely everything in their power to keep him and made him a very good offer to stay. At the end of the day, the money the Knights threw at him was unmatchable and It would've been irresponsible of us to invest that much of our cap into a 3 game winger/fullback. That, matched with the promise to be the man the Knights build their team around was too big of an attraction to him.

Bronco18

Juniors
People keep saying this...

Ponga was never "let go", the Cowboys did absolutely everything in their power to keep him and made him a very good offer to stay. At the end of the day, the money the Knights threw at him was unmatchable and It would've been irresponsible of us to invest that much of our cap into a 3 game winger/fullback. That, matched with the promise to be the man the Knights build their team around was too big of an attraction to him.

Look, these things are always easy in hindsight, I get that.

The mistake was resigning Coote in 2016, when the Cowboys were well aware of Pongas talents. Coote was playing great footy at the time but the fact is Ponga is playing well above the 600k a year now and Coote is playing QCup.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
addtext_com_MDY1NjE2MTk0NA.jpg

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Everone keeps telling us he's a good bloke

But hes a shit coach.

His boys don't even hurt in the sheds.

King hit

Coach
Questions have to be asked about him now. This season had no excuses for failure but they are cutting it.

Latest posts