What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Team V EeeeEeells

macavity

Referee
1. Ponga
2. SKD
3. Moga
4. Ramien
5. Lee

6. Lino
7. Pearce

8. Klemmer
9. Mann
10. J Saifiti

11. Mata'utia
12. Fitzgibbon
13. Barnett

14. Watson
15.Ese'Ese
16. King
17. Glasby

Gavet and Peanut dropped

King actually had his best game in FG. Sad I know.

Watson had some horrible mistakes but was also the only non-Pong/Ramien who threatened.

We need some new blood desperately.

Last edited:

Swarzey

Bench
new blood won't fix us. doesn't matter who we put out there, we'll still play like hot garbage

Joel-22

Juniors
1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Edrick Lee
3. Hymel Hunt
4. Jesse Ramien
5. Shaun Kenny Dowell
6. Phoenix Crosslands
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Daniel Saifiti
9. Jamie Buhrer
10. David Klemmer
11. Sione Mata'utia
12. Beau Fermor
13. Herman Ese'ese

14. Kurt Mann
15. Tim Glasby
16. Josh King
17. Pasami Saulo

Levi, Watson, Barnett, Gavet, Fitzgibbon all dropped.

The linespeed from Fitzgibbon, Gavet and Barnett was non-f**king-existent. Barnett's lack of effort to slide for Roberts' first try was nauseating. Watson finished with what? 4 errors? Levi had his worst game in first grade. Gavet is a myth.

I thought Daniel, Herman, King were all really good

Yosh

Coach
1. Ponga
2. Lee
3. Hunt
4. Ramien
5. Moga

6. Mann
7. Pearce

8. Klemmer
9. Buhrer
10. Saifiti
11. Barnett
12. Mata'utai
13. Glasby

14. Watson
15. Ese'ese
16. Saulo
17. Fitzgibbon

18. Gavet
19. King

Watson to only do passing drills for the week. Mann to be instructed to give early ball to Ponga, Ramien and Hunt.

Moga to be eased back in. I think SKD is doing okay but wouldn't mind seeing how Moga goes back in first grade. Perhaps switch Moga and Hunt but Hunt has been so good lately.

How good is King BTW.

aqua_duck

Coach
He is too slow to play on the edge, it’s middle or reserve grade.
pretty much can be said of our entire pack, Brown has got the balance completely wrong, look at our team today, we had 6 front rowers in the side in Gavet, Klemmer, Glasby, Ese'ese, Saifiti and King, and Barnett is a genuine middle forward as well. Look at the raiders team as a comparison, Papalii is a prop but has played edge at origin level, Bateman could easily play in the centres, Whitehead has played centre, Soliola is an ex kiwi test centre, Hudson Young is a mobile backrower. I mean you still need your big boppers but the problem is there's no variety and balance in the back, we've literally got 8 forwards who are just straight up and down runners, none of them know how to come back on an angle, none of them have any footwork, none of them have much of an offload game or any ball playing ability.

slotmachine

First Grade
Jai arrows footwork at the line really drove home the lack of variety.

I don't mind Barney, he's our only forward with a bit of footy in him. The rest barely have an offload.

aqua_duck

Coach
Jai arrows footwork at the line really drove home the lack of variety.

I don't mind Barney, he's our only forward with a bit of footy in him. The rest barely have an offload.
Yep, also their defensive line actually moves up, doesn't just sit back and wait for the opposition to make 8-9m before contact.

Woosh

Head Moderator
pretty much can be said of our entire pack, Brown has got the balance completely wrong, look at our team today, we had 6 front rowers in the side in Gavet, Klemmer, Glasby, Ese'ese, Saifiti and King, and Barnett is a genuine middle forward as well. Look at the raiders team as a comparison, Papalii is a prop but has played edge at origin level, Bateman could easily play in the centres, Whitehead has played centre, Soliola is an ex kiwi test centre, Hudson Young is a mobile backrower. I mean you still need your big boppers but the problem is there's no variety and balance in the back, we've literally got 8 forwards who are just straight up and down runners, none of them know how to come back on an angle, none of them have any footwork, none of them have much of an offload game or any ball playing ability.

Herman brings a point of difference.
Can offload and always makes good pcm.
Can’t believe he has been playing reserves for the past 5 weeks.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Some of these guys are only in the side because there's no alternative. If we could play some of the young fellas I'd drop SKD and Fitz and Levi....

(N) denotes on notice

*Watson to reserves until he can learn to catch and pass - fair dinkum the kids got feet for hands and a poor attitude to boot.

*Gavet 5 runs for 29 mtrs is NOT first grade standard...... he'd be having a loooooong spell in reserve grade.

1 Ponga
2. SKD (N) *needs to follow coaches instructions - run straight
3. Hunt
4. Ramien
5. Lee
6. Mann
7. Pearce

8. Klemmer
9. Buhrer
10.D Saf
11. Sione
12. Fitzgibbon (N) * poor line speed not enough involvement
13. Glasby (N) * poor leadership, poor line speed and not enough involvement

14 Levi (N) stop brain farting
15.Herman
16. King
17. Barny (N) *poor consistency

Yosh

Coach
Watson just waived his hands up every time he lost the ball. That was no good.

I thought Glasby was okay. Really liking King these days. When we need a real good settler, he does a great job.

Old dog

Juniors
I think we will stick with this side as Knight V said no suitable alternatives, bring Sione back with Gavet out other alternative is Barnett or Fitz out bring in Jones. Start Buhrer bench Levi for start with Ese’ese, King and either Sione, Barnett, Fitz or Jones.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I think we will stick with this side as Knight V said no suitable alternatives, bring Sione back with Gavet out other alternative is Barnett or Fitz out bring in Jones. Start Buhrer bench Levi for start with Ese’ese, King and either Sione, Barnett, Fitz or Jones.
Can Jones play ? There's Jones a Fermor I wouldnt mind giving a run but wasnt sure if theyre eligible?

If they are Fitz ( not enough effort ) would be out of my team and Barny in, replacing him with Jones or Fermor on the bench. Glasby is on thin ice as well- not good enough from a senior player he is better on the bench if we had more depth.

That Gavet is a hoax. 5 runs 29 mtrs is embarrassing, I wouldnt be able to look my mates in the eye with that effort.

Some heads need to get lopped off and JSaf and Saulo cant come back quick enough.

I'd also drop SKD for not following half time instructions ( and led to a try ) if we had a replacement. When can Best or Toa play? SKD needs to run hard and straight to get our sets off to a good start.

Latest posts