What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You can't buy a premiership!!!

Phil Gould said when Melbourne was caught cheating the salary cap that the punishment was too severe because all clubs basically fiddle with the books and cheat the salary cap. I always wondered which club or clubs Gould was referring to when he made that statement.

Maybe they should have investigated the club he worked with for the previous decade.

He did say all clubs

Valheru

Coach
What junior league? And not I would say they put more into talent scouts than their junior league. But it works, no?

Just dont talk up the Roosters as a club that promotes local talent cause it is BS.

I simply posed a question to the relevant poster asking if he thinks we don't put money in to juniors.

It still remains unanswered.

TheFrog

Coach
Looks like they did buy a decent fan base, Roosters have the 4th highest average home crowd overall this year and the 2nd most for a Sydney club.
You've only had 2 home games. One of them didn't crack 10,000. I look forward to the crowing after the captive audience Anzac Day game.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Has anyone successfully bought a legitimate wooden spoon?

Cap rorters aside (what I mean by legitimate) and haven't just had a bunch of complete plodders that made everyone scratch their heads (Lee, ramien, pongs, Watson, klemmer isn't a bad looking list). I can't remember a side in recent teams in this position. We were in a similar position last year but had the majority of the same roster for some time now

Zadar

Juniors
You've only had 2 home games. One of them didn't crack 10,000. I look forward to the crowing after the captive audience Anzac Day game.

You can only go by current stats, anything else is speculation and innuendo.

MilkShark

First Grade
He could come up with an essay of how many quality players got released over the years instead.
“Quality” players.

Go through the list like I did, some of them I’ve never heard of, some of them spent less than a season in their system yet still are classified as “roosters juniors”.

TheDalek079

Bench
Another season has just concluded. the Roosters who develop their players from within have won back to back premierships, whilst the Knights missed the eight again after their big recruitment drive for this season. I guess the 2019 season just reinforces my point that YOU CAN'T BUY A PREMIERSHIP

Yet again the peoples team triumphs when bad refereeing, injury and other adversity such as having to travel to Homebush to play.

Left to defend Sydneys honour after all other teams gave up the mighty roosters showed that the battler can win against all odds.

Your're welcome Sydney.....

Perth Red

Post Whore
Simples, go out and buy the best 1,6&7 brown paper bags can buy and you've got it covered. RL is a simple game.

Sonny83

Juniors
Simples, go out and buy the best 1,6&7 brown paper bags can buy and you've got it covered. RL is a simple game.

were they the best at the time of purchase?

7 - agreed
6 - probably 5th best
1 - ~3rd/4th choice to be picked as Aus fullback

Headless Chook

Juniors
Some clubs recruitment policies reminds me of those rabid lunatics bashing down the doors at Myer for the Boxing Day sales to spend, spend, spend.

“I’ll buy one of those Dugans, gimme a Shaun Johnson and a Moylan. And throw in Aaron Woods too for good measure. And be quick about it, can’t be missing out”.

6 months later the harsh reality sets in.