What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

insert.pause

First Grade
Apparently Parra v Saints is almost sold out ! ?
You expect it in its first year with a honeymoon period, but the ground is the perfect size & location to sustain it, provided they can convince other clubs & fans that it’s not only parramatta’s home ground, but a home ground for all west syd clubs.

Stallion

First Grade
Looking from the tv angle : The top left hand corner has a few hundred seats not being used. Otherwise a great sight!

Stallion

First Grade
28000 and something.
So many empty seats.

Yep! Hope it's 29something! 2000 seats is way too many not to have used! I suspected the lower number and it does dissappoint when being informed 30000 are showing up.

Last edited:

Rooster8

Juniors
I got home and missed the run on. How did it look with the VIP area instead of a tunnel?
Looks kinda awkward to be honest. This is only the second 'open' tunnel club i've seen, the first being in an NFL match. The walk way is roughly 1.5-2m wide but looks much tighter with people reaching out and yelling. Tottenham and Man City do it good with a 'closed' tunnel club with 2 way glass which provides the exclusive, behind the scenes feel. Good concept although to bring into Aussie sports.

seanoff

Juniors
Looks kinda awkward to be honest. This is only the second 'open' tunnel club i've seen, the first being in an NFL match. The walk way is roughly 1.5-2m wide but looks much tighter with people reaching out and yelling. Tottenham and Man City do it good with a 'closed' tunnel club with 2 way glass which provides the exclusive, behind the scenes feel. Good concept although to bring into Aussie sports.
Metricon on the Gold Coast and Optus in Perth both have this. It’s a new thing.

I suppose you could say that the scg has had it for years. :)

mave

Coach
As a neutral (Parra hating) fan, this Stadium could be the start of a real resurgence in NRL crowds.
Hopefully other teams....Tigers, Doggies, Souths, even Panthers take a few games a year to Bankwest. The potential here is massive.

I would like to think that once the SFS is done that Manly, Souths, etc take a few games each year there too, with a view to a more permanent arrangement.

Stallion

First Grade
As a neutral (Parra hating) fan, this Stadium could be the start of a real resurgence in NRL crowds.
Hopefully other teams....Tigers, Doggies, Souths, even Panthers take a few games a year to Bankwest. The potential here is massive.

I would like to think that once the SFS is done that Manly, Souths, etc take a few games each year there too, with a view to a more permanent arrangement.

It will work with South Sydney but not Manly Warringah. A 25000 seat stadium is required in northern Sydney.