What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Roosters

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Will need every point we can get. Lomax has to start. I don’t care where.

You are correct, mate.

This mean McGregor needs to change to plan B and play Lomax so we have a recognised goal kicker.

If we make a game of it, it may come down to a goal kick that wins it.

Lafai is a backup kicker only.

This is where the fans want to see McGregor run out a team relevant to the required game plan needed to beat the Rorters.... not send out just another team.

The onus will be on his selection.
Lets see if he's learnt anything.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Yeah we suck.

If you guys turn up and play your best then we'll get smashed.

Teddy, Latrell, Manu and Toops are no match for the likes of Dufty, Ravalawa, Lafai and Aitken.

And Keary and Cronk have nothing on Norman and Hunt.

And our forwards like JWH, Taukeiaho, Liu, Cordner, Radley, Crichton and Tetevano are plodders compared to your pack.

Dragons 40 Roosters 0

hazzbeen

Bench
Yeah we suck.

Teddy, Latrell, Manu and Toops are no match for the likes of Dufty, Ravalawa, Lafai and Aitken.

And our forwards like JWH, Taukeiaho, Liu, Cordner, Radley, Crichton and Tetevano are plodders compared to your pack.

Dragons 40 Roosters 0
Full of it ... Ha ha ...

Mickthedragon

Juniors
We will have to go up a few gears to match their mob, thats for sure.
Hunt and Norman are in form which should help alot and we know our fwds will turn up. For mine, its up to our backs to lift as well and go with them.
The occasion normally does lift our lesser players so we are in with a chance but it will be very tough against the salary sambrero squad.

Yeah we suck.

Dragons 40 Roosters 0

I’m glad we both agree

18to87

First Grade
Yeah we suck.

Dragons 40 Roosters 0
Probably spot on TBH. And then Mary will run the team into the ground and the Roosters will win by 50 in Round 23 when it matters.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Its all good mate, Mitchell is overdue for a bad game. This will be it. Maybe l should post this on the'Mark My Words' thread.
I hope you are right. Don’t like Mitchell’s behaviour and cheap shots. Euan’s only chance is to stay right in Mitchell’s face and do a Chambers on him. He can be put off his game and he is not a great defender when he is forced to make a decision.

Crush

Coach
Yeah we suck.

Dragons 40 Roosters 0
You clearly have us in the backs, its like boys playing men.
The halves, you may have a slight advantage but its not enormous.
The forwards we kill your mob and that is where we will win the game.
Best of luck, may the best team on the day win!

blacksafake

First Grade
I’d be inclined to let Cronk run as much as possible. He’s far more dangerous throwing his forward passes to short runners. Make Keary & Mitchell tackle as much as possible. When kicking to the back three I’d be keeping it on the ground as I think they’re capable of a fumble or two.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Let's get under latrells skin ,give him a hard time.
Niggle him big time.
Yeah I agree after Sims has taken care of Cronk let him start on Mitchel....great player but loses it quickly.....was going to suggest Aitken gets right up Latrells jock strap...then realised I was talking about Euan

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons prepared for Sydney Roosters Anzac Day test
Dragons Den
r0_42_4697_2693_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Leading the charge: Paul Vaughan has been among the Dragons best throughout their four-game winning streak. Picture: AAP Image/Dean Lewins.

The St George Illawarra Dragons don't need to be told they face a challenge on Thursday afternoon.

Like most within rugby league circles, Dragons players are labelling the Sydney Roosters the NRL's benchmark through the opening six weeks of the season.

But while some may view Thursday's Anzac Day clash as a daunting prospect, the Dragons are viewing it as an opportunity.

An opportunity to make a statement on the biggest stage of the regular season.

Given the importance of Thursday's match, Dragons co-captain Tyson Frizell is confident his teammates will turn up ready to fire at the Sydney Cricket Ground.

"It's such a privilege to be able to play on this day," Frizell said from Hyde Park War Memorial.

"All us players circle it in the calendar and want to be a part of it. Both teams really rise to the occasion and what it means to be able to play on that day.

"We get to play out on the SCG this year, I've only played out there a couple of times and never played in front of a packed stadium there. It will be pretty special to go out there and play."

After a slow start to the year, the Dragons have turned their season around with four-straight wins to climb to sixth on the ladder and ensure this week's match will be a high-quality clash between two in-form teams.

Leading the charge throughout the winning streak has been Paul Vaughan, the representative prop ranked third among all forwards in the NRL for running metres.

Heading into his third Anzac Day match, Vaughan is looking forward to another challenging encounter against what he described as an international-calibre team.

"They've got a great forward pack there," Vaughan said. "With Hargreaves, Siosiua Taukeiaho, he's an absolute beast. You look across the whole park and it's like an international team from one to 13, even one to 17.

"It's been well documented that we've been down a couple of players at the start of the season, so as a forward pack, we've got a massive job to do.

"It's going to be one of those games where it's going to be a tight one, both forward packs are going to be getting stuck into other other.

"It's going to be one of those games where if we can get the upper hand throughout the middle, it will let the backs do the ball playing."

The Dragons face a limited preparation for the crucial game, having survived a gruelling clash with Manly in Wollongong on Saturday night.

To Frizell, that short turnaround makes it even more crucial that St George Illawarra get their preparation right.

"The Roosters are probably the standout team in terms of their performances so far," Frizell said. "We can't really worry about them too much this week, we've got a short preparation.

"In a short preparation you need to really focus on yourselves as a team. They're going to be up for the game and we're going to be up for the game, we're really looking forward to it."

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/6083933/dragons-prepared-for-anzac-day-test/?cs=3713

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
We were courageous tonight, but if we continue to give away possession through poor ball handling and ill-disciplined penalties, we will be punished by the Roosters.

No point smashing a team with your defence if you repeatedly allow them to piggyback out of trouble through silly penalties.

Most of those “silly” penalties were unjustified. I doubt Saints will have to endure the brace of insufferable fools it did on Saturday night.

Latest posts