What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 7 vs Eels @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 7: Knights v Eels

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Parramatta Eels 1-12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2019 - Round 7
Newcastle Knights v Parramatta Eels
McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton (TICKETS)
Sunday 28 April 2019

Gates 1:30pm / Canterbury Cup (Knights v Wenty) 1:50pm / NRL 4:05pm

TL-NEW19.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Edrick Lee 3. Hymel Hunt 4. Jesse Ramien 5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 6. Connor Watson 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. David Klemmer 9. Danny Levi 10. James Gavet 11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 12. Mitchell Barnett 13. Tim Glasby
Interchange: 14. Jamie Buhrer 15. Herman Ese'ese 16. Daniel Saifiti 17. Josh King 18. Mason Lino 19. Tautau Moga 20. Sione Mata'utia 21. Pasami Saulo

TL-PAR19.png

1. Clint Gutherson 2. Maika Sivo 3. Michael Jennings 4. Brad Takairangi 5. Blake Ferguson 6. Jaeman Salmon 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Daniel Alvaro 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Junior Paulo 11. Shaun Lane 12. Marata Niukore 13. Tepai Moeroa
Interchange: 14. Peni Terepo 15. Tim Mannah 16. Oregon Kaufusi 17. Ray Stone 18. Manu Ma'u 19. Kane Evans 20. Josh Hoffman 21. George Jennings

ogdZGg2.png

Referees: Grant Atkins, Chris Butler
Sideline Officials: Adam Cassidy, Rickey McFarlane
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Bryan Norrie

Feeder club info
Knights feeder clubs: Newcastle Knights (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup, U20 Jersey Flegg, U18 SG Ball Cup, U16 Harold Matthews Cup)
Eels feeder clubs: Wentworthville Magpies (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup); Parramatta Eels (NSWRL: U20 Jersey Flegg, U18 SG Ball Cup, U16 Harold Matthews Cup)
Draws available at http://leagueunlimited.com/quick-links​​​​​

Last edited by a moderator:
Toohey reckons Buhrer should start to lead the line speed in defence. I'd be ok with that. He's not flash but he's experienced with a knowledge of the game and is a leader. I'd have him on with Guerra out.

slotmachine

First Grade
Interesting to see what the crowd will be. The time slot and opponents would usually mean a big one but I'm hearing a lot of chatter that fans are downing tools until we start winning.

I think the Dogs beat the cowboys, so lose this one and we're last.

mozza91

Coach
Interesting to see what the crowd will be. The time slot and opponents would usually mean a big one but I'm hearing a lot of chatter that fans are downing tools until we start winning.

I think the Dogs beat the cowboys, so lose this one and we're last.
It’ll be a big crowd. The players are the ones that don’t give a shit not the fans.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
If the Gold Coast game wasn’t our season defining game then this surely is. Lose this one and we’re firmly in wooden spoon territory.

Surely 3-4 players get dropped and we see a better performance. One positive to come out of yesterday’s game is our attack was much better in the second half and we were cutting them to pieces pretty regularly and were probably unlucky not to score 2 or 3 more tries. That being said we need to see attack like that for 80 mins not 40, and the defence and desperation needs to be there as well.

I’d have Buhrer in for Levi, Mann to the bench, D Saf into the starting side, Gavet to nsw Cup and Sione onto the bench. Maybe even considering dropping Fitzgibbon, he’s been out of sorts all year.

Old dog

Juniors
Can’t see us without Levi in 17, yes start Buhrer. Definitely don’t see us with Buhrer at 9 and Mann covering

Zoidberg

First Grade
One positive to come out of yesterday’s game is our attack was much better in the second half and we were cutting them to pieces pretty regularly and were probably unlucky not to score 2 or 3 more tries. That being said we need to see attack like that for 80 mins not 40
I don’t want to be a “negative nelly” kinda guy but, our attack looked good when the game was lost and Titans defence was tiring and not as motivated, doesn’t fill me with confidence.

Old dog

Juniors
We can’t let what happened last two games reoccur, must defend better especially early, playing catch-up creates more mistakes and fatigue. With our pack we need to match them early the wear them down for our 1-7 to attack without the pressure of needing to score several or more times.

macavity

Referee
It’ll be a big crowd. The players are the ones that don’t give a shit not the fans.

Parra are going well and their fans are the ultimate bandwagoners - and they have a lot of (fairweather) fans in the Hunter.

It will be a big crowd, might not be a big home crowd though.

mozza91

Coach
If Parra play like this and we play last like yesterday triple figures might be on the cards.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I’m a actually glad that Parra are coming into this game in some hot form because we looked like we expected to win against Manly and Gold Coast and took them lightly. At least we should know that we will have to be good to win. Also if we do pull our fingers out and win then it will actually mean something because it’s against a team in good form.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Toohey reckons Buhrer should start to lead the line speed in defence. I'd be ok with that. He's not flash but he's experienced with a knowledge of the game and is a leader. I'd have him on with Guerra out.
he showed tons of heart and effort which is something not many others showed. At this stage I would choose heart, effort and pride over reputation, pay grade or skill. No heart no effort = enjoy reserve grade big fella.

We need to be smarter and more patient with this one. We made a bit of a break against the Tits then tried to finish it off in one play with a dumb kick or pass. Hold the ball settle and go for repeat sets at least.

Silent Knight

First Grade
he showed tons of heart and effort which is something not many others showed. At this stage I would choose heart, effort and pride over reputation, pay grade or skill. No heart no effort = enjoy reserve grade big fella.

We can't leave Levi out. He might throw a tantrum and ask for another release because he's entitled to the starting hooker position. Just another in a long congo line of local players who think their position should be given instead of earned.

Knight Vision

First Grade
We can't leave Levi out. He might throw a tantrum and ask for another release because he's entitled to the starting hooker position. Just another in a long congo line of local players who think their position should be given instead of earned.
In my team he's on the bench and on his last warning before a stint in reserves. Watson out, Gavet out along with some others on a warning, Glasby, Fitz, Barny... To hell with the ladder I want to see the will to win.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Play like shit last week. So we keep the exact same team this week. Fmd
wow.....just wow. He sets a low bar Browny. 5 runs and 25 mtrs and Gavet keeps his position in the starting line up? WTF. Whats standards does that set ? Oh well its his job thats on the line

Latest posts