What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW 2019

Rhyno

First Grade
Tedesco
Ferguson
Jennings
Mitchell
Addo carr
Maloney
Moses
Vaughn
Cook
Klemmer
Cordener
Frizzell
Trbojevic

Paulo
TPJ
Sims
Crichton

gordynz

Juniors
I'd like to see Radley or Murray in there but it's got to be one or the other unfortunately. Because of Radleys ability to play hooker, I tend to slightly favour him, however Murray has been immense to start the season.

1. Tedesco
2. Ferguson
3. Scott(Maybe Turbo if fit)
4. Mitchell
5. Addo-Carr
6. Maloney
7. Keary
8. Klemmer
9. Cook
10. Vaughan
11. Cordner
12. Frizzell
13. J. Trbojevic

14. Fifita
15. Pangai Jr
16. Crichton
17. Radley

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
I'd like to see Radley or Murray in there
Can either of them adequately cover an injury in the backs?

I agree that I dont think he'll be dropped - but Reynolds is performing much better than Cleary for mine at the moment.

Reynolds had a blinder in the opening round and has been kinda average since, especially the last two games. This is typical of him. Cleary has been rather out of sorts all year but showed his class at the death the other night.

Last edited:

gordynz

Juniors
If any of the backs went down then you have Crichton or Radley that can adequately fill a centre spot. It's only moving one out which isn't a problem considering QLD are going to have Chambers and most likely GI or Gagai in the centres, who arent exactly lightning quick.

TheFrog

Coach
If any of the backs went down then you have Crichton or Radley that can adequately fill a centre spot.
How much centre have these blokes actually played in first grade? Playing a bit of centre in the under 16s does not make you a State of Origin utility. Crichton was there as a backrow benchie last year but Fittler still picked a utility (Peachey).

The likely loss of Tom Trebojevic makes it much more difficult to shuffle the backline.

Last edited:

gordynz

Juniors
How much centre have these blokes actually played in first grade? Playing a bit of centre in the under 16s does not make you a State of Origin utility. Crichton was there as a backrow benchie last year but Fittler still picked a utility (Peachey).

The likely loss of Tom Trebojevic makes it much more difficult to shuffle the backline.
True but that didn't stop QLD playing Ponga in the middle and he'd never played there before.

Pedge1971

First Grade

Reynolds had a blinder in the opening round and has been kinda average since, especially the last two games. This is typical of him. Cleary has been rather out of sorts all year but showed his class at the death the other night.

I'd pair Keary and Cleary. Just for the rhymes....

The Friz

Juniors
BJ Leilua is in some serious form for the Raiders. Freddy should be looking at him seriously as an option to take the right centre spot off Roberts.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Beej is actually playing like a guy who could play origin right now. His mistakes arent too crazy

But id understand why folks wouldn't trust him. The manly game is a good test for him actually because manly have been really good at winding him up in recent games. Although with Walker not there they should be less annoying

Last edited:

myrrh ken

First Grade
Been there done that. He couldve already been in but had a sook as 19th man and that left the door open for bird.

But having said that we are looking light there from injuries and suspension. If only wighton played his natural position

TheFrog

Coach
BJ Leilua is in some serious form for the Raiders. Freddy should be looking at him seriously as an option to take the right centre spot off Roberts.
Every time someone has a decent game there is someone here touting them.

TheFrog

Coach
I'd like to see Radley or Murray in there but it's got to be one or the other unfortunately. Because of Radleys ability to play hooker, I tend to slightly favour him, however Murray has been immense to start the season.

1. Tedesco
2. Ferguson
3. Scott(Maybe Turbo if fit)
4. Mitchell
5. Addo-Carr
6. Maloney
7. Keary
8. Klemmer
9. Cook
10. Vaughan
11. Cordner
12. Frizzell
13. J. Trbojevic

14. Fifita
15. Pangai Jr
16. Crichton
17. Radley
Decent side, except for one thing. Lets say Tedesco gets a knock in the 4th minute and fails the HIA. How would you cover it?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Beej has been a pretty big part of our form. His rep is well deserved and 6 good weeks doesnt undo his past but to say he has had one good game is ludicrous

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Yeah but the others aren't "origin material"

Wighton has the exact same downsides as beej. So extremely dumb, prone to errors at the worst time and a dickhead irl.

Jack is a a better tackler in the sense that that he hits harder one on one but they are both prone to a bad read. Probably because they are really dumb. Jack is defending in the line for the first time in years but he has let in some tries this year with his decision making where beej is doing much better not having to defend next to austin.

Again, im not suggesting any raider get picked. Just agreeing that joey is in good form

gordynz

Juniors
Decent side, except for one thing. Lets say Tedesco gets a knock in the 4th minute and fails the HIA. How would you cover it?
Let's hope Turbo is fit and is back because he would in the side somewhere if available.

A couple rounds now since naming that side and I probably wouldn't be picking Scott at centre. If Jack Bird can learn how to catch the ball I wouldn't mind seeing him in there.