What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

T.S Quint

Coach
It's f**king STADIUM DAY, Merkins!!!

FIRE UP!!!

I’m fired up!

tumblr_nukjbx5rhN1rvtb8oo1_400.gif

Delboy

First Grade
The only issue is that we were advised that the upper deck would be in the shade at any game after 2pm. Well my seats are more than halfway up and the sun looks like it will be around for at least another 2 to 3 hours.

Like a number of long term STH it’s a bit annoying to look at the side we sat in since 1986 in the shade. The price of progress I guess

strider

Post Whore
The only issue is that we were advised that the upper deck would be in the shade at any game after 2pm. Well my seats are more than halfway up and the sun looks like it will be around for at least another 2 to 3 hours.

Like a number of long term STH it’s a bit annoying to look at the side we sat in since 1986 in the shade. The price of progress I guess
Might be better once we get to mid winter

Gronk

Staff member
Great stadium. Great win.

Worst stadium “opening” ever. No ribbon cutting etc. FMD the Queen opened the last one. Am I being harsh ?

Gronk

Staff member
Ribbon cutting? How exciting!!!!

And Mick Cronin raised the flag. I'd much rather him than any of those inbreds from the royal family
Well they do the flag thing every home game.

I just expected some sort of a ceremony, throw in a politician and Dami Im with a piano FFS.

upload_2019-4-22_21-42-20.jpeg

Noise

Coach
Well they do the flag thing every home game.

I just expected some sort of a ceremony, throw in a politician and Dami Im with a piano FFS.

View attachment 29247

Fair enough. Agree to disagree. I think ceremonies are boring as bat shit and can't stand politicians. I reckon the stadium opening was awesome, and didn't need any formal ribbon cutting, boring speeches, etc - everyones first reaction to how good the bloody joint is speaks for itself and was enough IMO.

amitropo

Juniors
Can’t complain about stadium, BUT, that sun in your face for those afternoon games p’s me
off. Just when you think it’s over the roof it peeks through again from the rear canvas roof openings.
Don’t do hats, so waiting for those night games.
Pinched a pic from poster on Twitter as I forgot to take one on my walk around.
E9664A14-1375-48A2-94B0-8536C790A64D.jpeg

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I missed getting off the station, walking towards to the stadium, going through Church St, say hello to Peter Wynn, grab a bite at one the places or have a beer at the pub, walk through the park and then go the stadium. Today I almost did all that but once I got inside the stadium, it felt right at home. We missed this since the end of 2016 and its so good to be home.

The stadium is superb. If we pack this joint every week, the NRL crowds will increase and people will ditch that crappy ANZ stadium with no atmosphere. Today's atmosphere really crapped on our home matches at ANZ.

I was the ones that sat on the sun today, I will say it wont be great for the first couple of months if we're playing day matches, but apart from that its a great ground. I think we might only have two more days left this year.

And like everyone else I'm not far from getting food and beers.

Bring on the next game against the Dragons.

Last Week

Bench
I did mention the sun issue when the stadium design was first released. Pretty sure my criticism was scoffed at also. The design was deceptive. It made it look as if the corporate side would be on the eastern side. The average fan got shafted in that regard. I was one of them too. My tickets were in the old Thornett stand. Anyway.

I was in the lower bowl today and got the sun. It wasn't too harsh so I survived, and I'm fair.

The entire lower bowl was clear of the sun by about 4:10pm.(except for those openings in the roof. But that only lasted a few minutes)

Anyone that sat up in the upper bowl, what row were you on and do you remember what time it was (or how far into the game it was), when the shade finally hit you?

I love day games and put up with the sun from 1 until 4pm but it was fine. A better of a day considering it could have been wet cold and rainy.

Our main criticism is a lot of us had tickets in the Western stand and our course the corporates got well after.

Latest posts