What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheering in defence

Parra

Referee
The noise at the new stadium is going to be a key feature. It is incredible. This is a key part of a home ground advantage.

When we are attacking the decibels rise. The PA is encouraging people to chant, if not, the people with the drums get it going.

How can we take a leaf from NFL fans playbook. NFL crowds make the most noise when their team is defending. D-Fence signs and all. How can we get the crowd to be deafening when our side is defending. It will lift the team and drowns out the play calling for the opposition.

Aussie fans are almost silent when the side is defending. Rising to cheer a big hit or a try saver after the event.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The noise at the new stadium is going to be a key feature. It is incredible. This is a key part of a home ground advantage.

When we are attacking the decibels rise. The PA is encouraging people to chant, if not, the people with the drums get it going.

How can we take a leaf from NFL fans playbook. NFL crowds make the most noise when their team is defending. D-Fence signs and all. How can we get the crowd to be deafening when our side is defending. It will lift the team and drowns out the play calling for the opposition.

Aussie fans are almost silent when the side is defending. Rising to cheer a big hit or a try saver after the event.
It's a fair point.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
At home I was yelling at all you loud merkins to STFU so I could enjoy the f**king game.

Oscarman

Juniors
It's a bit different though as the noise when the home team is defending is to make playcalling impossible for the opposition. Especially on third down.

Avenger

Immortal
That chant should go up on this forum every time @Avenger posts one of his shit predictions.
Where will we finish?

8th.

Best player?

Blake Ferguson.

Biggest disappointment?

Kaysa Pritchard

First rookie to make NRL debut?

Dylan Brown

Surprise packet?

Bevan French

Breakout year?

Mitchell Moses

Best retention?

Clint Gutherson

Biggest name we let go?

Corey Norman

Biggest signing?

James Maloney

Will Brad Arthur be retained, if not who will replace him?

No, sacked by round 13. Potter to be caretaker and Justin Holbrook to be our new coach.

Did you do a prediction? You fence sitting sheepish merkin?

Edit: you did but every tough choice was made with predictable fence sitting with deliberate smartarse diversion.

Will Arthur be retained: who knows ? BHAHAHAHAHA.

That’s why you are a sheep. You actually care if you are ever proven wrong on a pissy footy forum. Make a decision you knob jockey!!

#safebet
#noballs
#noleader

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
I was pleased to see that the incident which caused the bullshit chant was called out buy the fox merkins. That was a dead set dive, yet even after a review he still got a penalty.

I reckon he has a real caddie to choose his next club.
On a golf course he probably does if only to not have to blame himself entirely. If you meant that as a double entendre however, I'd suggest that he is blue and gold to the core however disinterested he may seem at times.

Avenger

Immortal
On a golf course he probably does if only to not have to blame himself entirely. If you meant that as a double entendre however, I'd suggest that he is blue and gold to the core however disinterested he may seem at times.
I don’t doubt his passion for the Eels but he is a massive procrastinator and I’m going to keep exposing him like you know what.