What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Noise

Coach

Eelementary

Post Whore

Kornstar

Coach
I don't know if players read these forums, but I think it is fair to say that David Gower is a very well-respected Eels fan favourite, because he is a great human being, and he has never let us down on the field.

Love your work, Gowie!

Yep, true champion! Glad he is an Eel and will retire as one. Ultimate professional imo, knows his place in the squad and comes in and does his job well when required.

Gronk

Staff member
People that know Gower all reckon he is a great bloke. He always seems switched on in interviews and this was a great read - quite articulate. I hope he continues on in the club in some capacity.
It has already been stated that Gower will be working with the club in a player welfare / education role. He has tertiary qualifications in this field.

It has already been stated that Gower will be working with the club in a player welfare / education role. He has tertiary qualifications in this field.
Good to hear. Not only does he deserve it but to be well qualified for it is a bonus too. We certainly have had our moneys worth from Gower. I can't think of 1 time where I ever saw him do something that I thought was useless. Absolute Champion IMO.

Gronk

Staff member
Good to hear. Not only does he deserve it but to be well qualified for it is a bonus too. We certainly have had our moneys worth from Gower. I can't think of 1 time where I ever saw him do something that I thought was useless. Absolute Champion IMO.

Yes, a player of his calibre getting a job post career to work with young kids is great for our club. Meanwhile it was said by PKent the other night that Souths have promised Inglis an Indigenous role $300k x 6 years. How the f**k is that even legal. ?

Yes, a player of his calibre getting a job post career to work with young kids is great for our club. Meanwhile it was said by PKent the other night that Souths have promised Inglis an Indigenous role $300k x 6 years. How the f**k is that even legal. ?
Mate, don't ask me about legalities lol. You'd know a lot more about it than i would and I have been a conscientious non conformist for most of my life. I still am in heart and head but can no longer afford the fines and court appearances so have toned it down as far as my actions go. I still park wherever the f**k I like though.

T.S Quint

Coach

I’d love to know what jobs involving working with indigenous Australians would normally pay $300k per year.
Seems absurd that Souths can try and get this through without punishment.

strider

Post Whore
I’d love to know what jobs involving working with indigenous Australians would normally pay $300k per year.
Id have no problem if he got a decent paying job with the NRL paying whatever the f**k ... but reality is no one in those positions gets massive coin .... its a complete and utter rort

Gronk

Staff member
Id have no problem if he got a decent paying job with the NRL paying whatever the f**k ... but reality is no one in those positions gets massive coin .... its a complete and utter rort

The 6 x $300k conveniently equals about the same amount he is out of pocket for the remainder of 2019 + 2020. :innocent:

Latest posts