What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phil Gould

getsmarty

Immortal
gouldp-180816701-sd.jpg

PANTHERS

Gould set to end time at helm of Panthers
Author
Michael Chammas Chief Reporter
Timestamp
Tue 23 Apr 2019, 02:59 PM
chammas-michael-head.png

Phil Gould's time at the Penrith Panthers is set to come to an end with the club to hold a board meeting on Wednesday.

As it stands, Gould is still employed by the Panthers, however NRL.com understands he recognises his job has become redundant under the Ivan Cleary regime.

The board will move to ratify plans around Gould's departure from his post as the club's general manager of football at the meeting on Wednesday.

As of Wednesday, it is likely he will no longer have any involvement with the NRL team, despite already having his input reduced dramatically upon Cleary's arrival.

The club is still to determine the conditions of his departure but have mutually agreed his time working with the football department is over.

"We met this morning, myself, [Penrith chairman] Dave O'Neill and Gus," chief executive Brian Fletcher told NRL.com.

"We spoke about his role and asked what he thought of it going forward. He came back and said 'my job has become redundant'. He recognises that with Ivan here, the right structures are in place.

"He asked me to take it to the board and I will be doing that [on Wednesday]. You have to remember his intention was always to make his job redundant at some point."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/23/phil-gould-set-to-end-time-at-helm-of-penrith-panthers/

Dragons4me

Juniors
Yes please. Find him a job. Bring his influence and knowledge to the Dragons. Love him or hate him he knows his sh_t. Problem is I doubt we could afford him. Watch him get snapped up (if he wants it).

possm

Coach
You boys just resigned your coach, why do you need another.
I'd like to a job created for Gus at SGI. Right now he is the man we need to bring some sanity to the football side of management. He could be our GM and do a great job sorting our the mess.

Lets have Millward, Mary and other key management staff report to Gus. That would be a big shot across the bow of the 'old boys club'.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Yes please. Find him a job. Bring his influence and knowledge to the Dragons. Love him or hate him he knows his sh_t. Problem is I doubt we could afford him. Watch him get snapped up (if he wants it).

We don't have the management nor the nous to utilise him knowledge.
Gus ain't coming to Dragonland.
He's too smart for that.
Were not smart enough!

BIG RIG

Juniors
The mole reporting that Dragons are darkhorse to sign Gould with Sharkies as favourites

ttps://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/phil-gould-penrith-panthers-exit-reports-dragons-surprising-move/0c1d730b-ab38-4d40-8be7-daed9a010f33

j0nesy

Bench
I like Gus but it would be a disaster for our club. Both Mary and Gus are big egos and I think they’ll clash. Such a clash would not result in Mary leaving.

Latest posts