What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gould..

TRIALS

Juniors
I honestly can't decide whether I'd be excited or devastated if we hired the miserable merkin.

Stake Removed

First Grade
The job is still up fro grabs, Brohman mentioned that he sees Gould going to sharks.

If thats the case he will be taking significant pay cut from Panthers, and i am guessing we will have to up the amount we pay, i am not a Gus person i will be upfront, but trying to look at this impartially.

For
* He should be able to increase sponsors, which will offset any extras we pay him
* Panthers never seemed to have issues with salary cap
* Channel 9, more FTA games which will benefit sponsors
* connections inside NRL
* connections at Roosters, if has same deal with them at panthers where no poaching of players big benefit
* turned around Panthers off field, hopefully would do same with us
* Has ability to get players to the club and also coaches ie had bennett lined up

Against
* Gus has never been supporter of us, major concern
* Its his way or no way
* High turnover of players, players seem to move often quickly
* The club will be in the spotlight all the time, could be good or bad

Thats at a quick glance

Card Shark

Immortal
Not so sure that he’s never been a supporter, more that he hasn’t been a supporter of the way we have been run.

Maybe he’s going to do something about that!

Weaponhead

Coach
Can't see him coming to Cronulla. The lack of resources and the Sharks are one club he has no connection with apart from living in the area.

At his age, not sure he needs the aggravation.

bluefox68

Staff member
I believe his wife and daughters (?) are Sharks fans...

I’m not against his coming, as long as he doesn’t undermine the head coach...

bluefox68

Staff member
Can't see him coming to Cronulla. The lack of resources and the Sharks are one club he has no connection with apart from living in the area.

At his age, not sure he needs the aggravation.
Hmmm...

He’s an insomniac, and a workaholic.

He NEEDS to be employed to feel alive...

Commentary is not enough...

Quigs

Immortal
Happened a few seasons back. Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Goulds name come up in dispatches when we had a sponsor all but lined up - I think it was Puegeot or something - and nek minnut the Puegeot name appeared on Uncle Nicks Eastern Suburbs jersey.

Apparently someone in the League TV world got into their (Puegeots) ear and told them that the Sharks were not going to be on the TV munch that season.

fizman

Bench
Pirtek were going to be Sharks front of jersey sponsor, they were talked out of it and told they would get better much better value on the back of the Broncos jersey.

Latest posts