What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Simple Stats

2 Raiders tries from kicks and one was after absorbing non stop pressure for 25 mins straight against the Raiders. Other then that they never looked like scoring. Our defence is absolutely awesome this year and that's what for me signals a good team, if you can defend and turn teams away like we are doing you will always reap the rewards. Yesterday was a prime example, 2 or 3 tries we scored were from absorbing pressure and turning the Tigers away, and within the next set we went up the field and scored. Some of our scrambling defence and some of the try savers we made yesterday and over the past few weeks has been a joy to watch. I can count at least 3 or 4 from yesterday, that saved certain tries. That shows you where we are at this year, and it is in a very good place.

Our attack is also brilliant and we are building it off the back of our defence, if we keep turning up in D like we are, our attack is only going to get better and it will be very hard for us not to be playing finals football.

I think our defence is the second or third best in the comp and our FA is only 7 behind the top, that indicates we are as good as anyone in the comp in both attack and defence. We are missing some key players right now and once the 4 or 5 of them are back, we are going to be in a real good place.
Lets hope we can do all that consistently for the whole season. I have EVERYTHING crossed. oww ouch jeeesuz!

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
2 Raiders tries from kicks and one was after absorbing non stop pressure for 25 mins straight against the Raiders. Other then that they never looked like scoring. Our defence is absolutely awesome this year and that's what for me signals a good team, if you can defend and turn teams away like we are doing you will always reap the rewards. Yesterday was a prime example, 2 or 3 tries we scored were from absorbing pressure and turning the Tigers away, and within the next set we went up the field and scored. Some of our scrambling defence and some of the try savers we made yesterday and over the past few weeks has been a joy to watch. I can count at least 3 or 4 from yesterday, that saved certain tries. That shows you where we are at this year, and it is in a very good place.

Our attack is also brilliant and we are building it off the back of our defence, if we keep turning up in D like we are, our attack is only going to get better and it will be very hard for us not to be playing finals football.

I think our defence is the second or third best in the comp and our FA is only 7 behind the top, that indicates we are as good as anyone in the comp in both attack and defence. We are missing some key players right now and once the 4 or 5 of them are back, we are going to be in a real good place.

And we still have Ferguson, Nrown, Drown and Manu to come back

amitropo

Juniors
I believe we will be 4th to 6th.
It wasn’t the 51 we scored, but the defensive effort on the line to hold them to 6.
If we can sustain that defensive effort over the next few weeks, it will not only give us confidence to defend errors, but will also galvanize team belief and points will follow

Eelogical

Referee
I believe we will be 4th to 6th.
It wasn’t the 51 we scored, but the defensive effort on the line to hold them to 6.
If we can sustain that defensive effort over the next few weeks, it will not only give us confidence to defend errors, but will also galvanize team belief and points will follow
Tigers played like 'roos in the headlights. I take that game for what it was > two points back at home inter-mixed with a whole lot of fanfare for the grand opening. That luxury won't be shown to us over the next several weeks, starting with a Knights (hoodoo) game this coming weekend. Eels have a lot more to make up yet from last season to have me convinced that they are a top 4 - 6 side. It's easy to go tropo after a win. It's what we do best.

amitropo

Juniors
Tigers played like 'roos in the headlights. I take that game for what it was > two points back at home inter-mixed with a whole lot of fanfare for the grand opening. That luxury won't be shown to us over the next several weeks, starting with a Knights (hoodoo) game this coming weekend. Eels have a lot more to make up yet from last season to have me convinced that they are a top 4 - 6 side. It's easy to go tropo after a win. It's what we do best.
4 from 6, not many teams below us are doing better. Apart from Canberra, and done ok for a team with little ball, we have played ok this season. As long as we don’t go into a hole if we lose 2 in a row, I think we will do better than bottom 8 or 9 teams At worst

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
Well here is a stat since 1986 the only time we have won 5 out of our first 7 games was 2016 which was null and void. Due to salary cap sanctions.

So technically if we win this week it will be our best start to a season since 1986.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Well here is a stat since 1986 the only time we have won 5 out of our first 7 games was 2016 which was null and void. Due to salary cap sanctions.

So technically if we win this week it will be our best start to a season since 1986.
It's very exciting.

I copped a warning for filth today. Why is this allowed? Mods?
You're wasting your breath asking for an answer. They would rather you don't know or they expect that you have read the very ambiguous rules and know already. Just be pleased that you aren't banned.
Don't complain you whiny little bitch!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
You're wasting your breath asking for an answer. They would rather you don't know or they expect that you have read the very ambiguous rules and know already. Just be pleased that you aren't banned.
Don't complain you whiny little bitch!
They only do that to you.

I’ve sat in on their weekly meetings. Did you know that there is an agenda item titled ‘How can we f**k Stoppa over?”.

I was impressed with the creativity on display. Twiz runs a good meeting.

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
4 from 6

I think we all take that prior round 1

Can we do 4 from 6 again?

If so, then we are serious contenders for mine. Hopefully after this period both Browns are back or close to being back, and we have little injury worries across the board

Rd 7: v Knights (away)
Rd 8: v Dragons (HOME)
Rd 9: v Storm (Suncorp - neutral venue)
Rd 10 v Cowboys (away)
Rd 11 v Panthers (HOME)
Rd 12 v Souths (HOME)