What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Gazzamatta

Coach
Row 9 upstairs right on the try line, club side. Sun finally under cover at half time. If the roof extension was solid and not translucent we would have avoided the sun all day. No complaints though. Loved it.

hindy111

Post Whore
About to type something similar, but Suity said it best

If I had to travel to Belmore to watch Parra play it would not have the same feel as going to Parra. Same as if I was going to Penrith or Leichhardt . And for that reason clubs will want to try and play some games in their own territory or risk losing fans or gaining new ones atleast imo. It is a long way from Cambeltown to Parra.
Bars and restruants where doing well before and after games and they are huge winners here.

hindy111

Post Whore
I am glad I bought general admission. No worry about sun. I made the comment how I saved $200 and avoided the sun plus get a better view.

Rocket man

Juniors
Row
I did mention the sun issue when the stadium design was first released. Pretty sure my criticism was scoffed at also. The design was deceptive. It made it look as if the corporate side would be on the eastern side. The average fan got shafted in that regard. I was one of them too. My tickets were in the old Thornett stand. Anyway.

I was in the lower bowl today and got the sun. It wasn't too harsh so I survived, and I'm fair.

The entire lower bowl was clear of the sun by about 4:10pm.(except for those openings in the roof. But that only lasted a few minutes)

Anyone that sat up in the upper bowl, what row were you on and do you remember what time it was (or how far into the game it was), when the shade finally hit you?
Row 22. Just on halftime the sun was shaded

Rocket man

Juniors
I did mention the sun issue when the stadium design was first released. Pretty sure my criticism was scoffed at also. The design was deceptive. It made it look as if the corporate side would be on the eastern side. The average fan got shafted in that regard. I was one of them too. My tickets were in the old Thornett stand. Anyway.

I was in the lower bowl today and got the sun. It wasn't too harsh so I survived, and I'm fair.

The entire lower bowl was clear of the sun by about 4:10pm.(except for those openings in the roof. But that only lasted a few minutes)

Anyone that sat up in the upper bowl, what row were you on and do you remember what time it was (or how far into the game it was), when the shade finally hit you?
Row 22. Sun was shaded just on halftime

I am in Row 18, I don't know who I pissed off to get that far up, but I am on the 50 metre line.

The Sun hit us at 3:15pm (yes we were tracking it). The Sun hit the opposite roof at half time in the game and the gaps under that were not a problem as the clouds had rolled in on the horizon.

My mum who is now getting on in years started to feel sick and ended up with sun stroke. She did christen the new medical facilities outside of Bay 118 so there is always an up side.

Kornstar

Coach
We are row 10 on the 40 metre line. The sun hit us during the second half of the Wenty game and i think about 25 mins into first grade went away.

Apart from it being generally hot the actual sun didn’t bother me from a visual point of view as i had a hat on and had no reason to look up in to the sun.

Last Week

Bench
I am in Row 18, I don't know who I pissed off to get that far up, but I am on the 50 metre line.

The Sun hit us at 3:15pm (yes we were tracking it). The Sun hit the opposite roof at half time in the game and the gaps under that were not a problem as the clouds had rolled in on the horizon.

My mum who is now getting on in years started to feel sick and ended up with sun stroke. She did christen the new medical facilities outside of Bay 118 so there is always an up side.

That's good to know. Thanks mate.

Sorry about your mum.

Suitman

Post Whore

Yes MITS, hopefully you're mum is feeling better.

Yeah, hope it’s overcast for the saints game. That sun was a killer won’t be going up to the seats in the Cronin stand till just before kick off

Latest posts