What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 6 vs Eels @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 6: Eels v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vic Mackey

Referee
I'm not stating let's keep the status quo. I'm just stating that Reynolds on the dollars that he is on is a massive liability to our club. It's easy to replace Benji and Robbie because they aren't on top dollars.

You make a good point about Reynolds. He hasn't played much for us at all. That is another reason to be concerned. Poor defence. Big contract dollars. Some good plays for sure but he isn't worth what he is on.

We overpaid for Reynolds a as knee jerk reaction to losing Woods, Tedesco and Moses. The club wanted a big name and didn’t care what we had to pay. He was also brought in to be part of the culture change. A winning at all cost attitude which we’ve never had. Whether the attitude was more important then play making skills is always up for debate.

TBF I think Josh has been great for us when on the field, all bar yesterday.

RE Robbie and Benji, you say they are easy to replace, why didn’t we then? It was really poor and very lazy. Maybe cause Cleary didn’t care anymore when it happened but they should never, ever have been resigned for 2019.

The unknown

Juniors
I don't think it's the guys ticker. Poor 5th tackle options and a lack of speed are big issues though. I also don't think you can murder them during the week because we looked shot. They probably need to freshen up.

Mate we played Brisbane nearly 2 weeks ago, we should have been the freshest team in the COMP yesterday

I can accept we are a slow team but I can't accept Packer jogging with his back turned letting Gutho and Moses put the afterburners on straight through him. Mind you this was only 10 mins into the game

Tiger05

First Grade
RE Robbie and Benji, you say they are easy to replace, why didn’t we then? It was really poor and very lazy. Maybe cause Cleary didn’t care anymore when it happened but they should never, ever have been resigned for 2019.

My comments on it being easy to replace them is that you can sign another player and play that player no problems and you should have money in the cap. It's hard to replace Reynolds because you take a cap hit.

It is hard to find quality players at hooker and in the halves. That is probably why we have had problems replacing them. You want an improvement or lesser cap dollars. I reckon it's probably really hard to find a significant improvement over these guys for what we are paying them.

Tiger05

First Grade
Mate we played Brisbane nearly 2 weeks ago, we should have been the freshest team in the COMP yesterday

I can accept we are a slow team but I can't accept Packer jogging with his back turned letting Gutho and Moses put the afterburners on straight through him. Mind you this was only 10 mins into the game

We should have been but we weren't were we. That play was really poor from a bunch of players. That was only one play though. There were so many poor efforts.

The unknown

Juniors
I just watched the 1st 20 minutes again and specifically Packer.

Gotta say it, I’d prefer that guy with the broken leg who plays for the Sharks, his name escapes me though.

I'm telling you Packer as our supposed leader set the tone with those dogged efforts

Put him on the bench where imo he plays a lot better or not in the side at all

The unknown

Juniors
We should have been but we weren't were we. That play was really poor from a bunch of players. That was only one play though. There were so many poor efforts.

I don't think this would be a factor but when I watched our warmup from the grandstand it was very intense, maybe Ronnie flogs them too much lol

Fordy20

Juniors
Poor 5th tackle options and a lack of speed are big issues though.

100%. You can't do much about speed, but the poor 5th tackle options would be doing your head in as a forward. Imagine busting your gut, carting the ball up and someone decides it's a good idea to kick it over the dead ball line. Now all the good work making metres has gone to waste and you're on the back foot defending your guts out for a seven tackles starting from the 20m line.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I hope Maguire doesn't have an escape clause in his contract...another performance like we just saw and he'll be gone.

Safe to say this season is a write off. To me, 2019 will now be about a swansong for Benji & Robbie. Let them leave the club on their terms, and if we make finals it's a bonus. Hopefully Madge can get the players he needs into the club to make a run at it in 2020, I rate him as a coach but our squad just isn't good enough. He can get them fit but the lack of ability shines through.

Das Hassler

Bench
100%. You can't do much about speed, but the poor 5th tackle options would be doing your head in as a forward. Imagine busting your gut, carting the ball up and someone decides it's a good idea to kick it over the dead ball line. Now all the good work making metres has gone to waste and you're on the back foot defending your guts out for a seven tackles starting from the 20m line.

The way i see it is simple. ...the forwards work for the capital getting it up there..the halves invest it. They cannot be frivolous with what has taken so much hard work to earn. A 7 tackle restart deserves every abuse thrown their way

Safe to say this season is a write off. To me, 2019 will now be about a swansong for Benji & Robbie. Let them leave the club on their terms, and if we make finals it's a bonus. Hopefully Madge can get the players he needs into the club to make a run at it in 2020, I rate him as a coach but our squad just isn't good enough. He can get them fit but the lack of ability shines through.

#nextyear

Shredder

Juniors
The way they count a "completed" set is bullshit. Its either a repeat set, or a kick is made (any kick at all).

You could get to the fifth, toe it straight down the throat of an opponent who scores off the same play and its a "completed set"

I suspect coaches are looking more at handling errors, meters per hit up, tackle efficiency and offloads.

Latest posts