What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues in the team

The Rosco

Bench
Slightly off topic, but you reckon WE'VE got issues ?!!
How about Penrith and father and son ?
It's a very poor human trait to feel joy in another person's misery. Well I must be an A grade merkin. Sorry, but I'm just loving seeing the riff implode.
Lesson 1 . . if you want to coach your son's team, do it in under 9's when nobody understands shit about the game. And you can play your son at halfback or striker coz, well it's nearly expected. In u/9s.
Imagine how Gus is feeling ?
Imagine how Ivan is feeling ?
Imagine how Hook is feeling ?
SO much happiness. So much misery. It's like a big happiness misery salad.
Now I know we all have put our own private little curse on the Pennies, and are probably surprised at how effective our Ju-Ju really is . . . but please WT fans . . . PLEASE don't think they've had enough and cast a reverse spell to remove your curse. How can't any of us be loving this right now ?
Do any of us even hate Parramatta nowadays ?
Even the karma Gods decided enough is enough. The riff pull one out of their arse to beat us, so karma opens up Brisbane in the dying seconds for us to get one back. Tommy, the God of karma is a dry-witted sarcastic God. He still thought that the riff needed to suffer pay-back, so he went to Shark park last night.
Happy Easter !!!!!

Tiger Ted

Bench
It's a very poor human trait to feel joy in another person's misery. Well I must be an A grade merkin. Sorry, but I'm just loving seeing the riff implode.
Lesson 1 . . if you want to coach your son's team, do it in under 9's when nobody understands shit about the game. And you can play your son at halfback or striker coz, well it's nearly expected. In u/9s.
Now I know we all have put our own private little curse on the Pennies, and are probably surprised at how effective our Ju-Ju really is . . . but please WT fans . . . PLEASE don't think they've had enough and cast a reverse spell to remove your curse. How can't any of us be loving this right now ?
Even the karma Gods decided enough is enough. The riff pull one out of their arse to beat us, so karma opens up Brisbane in the dying seconds for us to get one back. Tommy, the God of karma is a dry-witted sarcastic God. He still thought that the riff needed to suffer pay-back, so he went to Shark park last night.
Happy Easter !!!!!
Nothing wrong with being joyous in Cleary’s misery.Suddenly I’m very interested in the result of penriths games & looking forward to watching them continue to under-achieve while being coached by the pathetic hoax.

Happy to help the hoax by sending his pet Taylor back to penrith to rekindle their inept & endearing working relationship.

Tigerm

First Grade
Nothing wrong with being joyous in Cleary’s misery.Suddenly I’m very interested in the result of penriths games & looking forward to watching them continue to under-achieve while being coached by the pathetic hoax.

You're right about the interest in the chocolates scores, I have never looked before this season:D:D:D

Das Hassler

Bench
Happy Easter !!!!!

Have an older "panthers man" sparring partner friend who's adamant nothing serious yet but there's a couple of fault lines starting to take shape that could register a 6.5 if the tension persists. RCG is making Woodsy seem like Johnny Sattler right now

gordsy

Juniors
Have an older "panthers man" sparring partner friend who's adamant nothing serious yet but there's a couple of fault lines starting to take shape that could register a 6.5 if the tension persists. RCG is making Woodsy seem like Johnny Sattler right now
Say what you like about Hook but he had 'em fit and firing. Cleary may turn it around but I think top won't make top 4 this year and whilst someone will win the comp from outside the 4 one yar I wouldn't be putting much of my hard earned on that happening.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I should like that post but it sucks. I'm not going to blame the coach but he isn't a super coach with the way we have performed today and against Penrith.
There’s no GI or Sam Burgess or Adam reynolds’s kicking game at this club.He will look double his age by the time he finishes coaching at concord.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Happy Easter !!!!!

The issue? In a nutshell......

They only produce their best when playing a top tier (or at least top 8) team and are heavy underdogs with no expectation of winning, either early in the season or at a point when we have no possibility of making the semis.

Any win against a team on similar points, or less points will be by a small margin with the result in doubt until full time. The exception will be one easy win per year by about 24 points against a team we are expected to beat. This will come early in the year.

We will get flogged by 50 at least once a year, usually 2-3 times.

We will win no more than 33% of games against teams we are favoured to beat, or are equal favourites with. If we play a team minus a raft of players on rep duty, or decimated by injuries we will lose 100% of the time. If we are playing for a place in the semis we will lose 100% of the time. Every year we will lose at least once to the eventual wooden spooners.

Let's face the harsh reality, the tigers is the place you go when you can't get a spot anywhere else, or for a massive payday you haven't earned. We are hopeless at identifying talent, and when we have it, even worse at keeping it.

I try not to be this pessimistic but it's been a very long, hard day.........

Tiger Ted

Bench
The issue? In a nutshell......

They only produce their best when playing a top tier (or at least top 8) team and are heavy underdogs with no expectation of winning, either early in the season or at a point when we have no possibility of making the semis.

Any win against a team on similar points, or less points will be by a small margin with the result in doubt until full time. The exception will be one easy win per year by about 24 points against a team we are expected to beat. This will come early in the year.

We will get flogged by 50 at least once a year, usually 2-3 times.

We will win no more than 33% of games against teams we are favoured to beat, or are equal favourites with. If we play a team minus a raft of players on rep duty, or decimated by injuries we will lose 100% of the time. If we are playing for a place in the semis we will lose 100% of the time. Every year we will lose at least once to the eventual wooden spooners.

Let's face the harsh reality, the tigers is the place you go when you can't get a spot anywhere else, or for a massive payday you haven't earned. We are hopeless at identifying talent, and when we have it, even worse at keeping it.

I try not to be this pessimistic but it's been a very long, hard day.........
Uve summed it up Perfectly

simmo1

First Grade
You could swap our roster with the Roosters and by 2022 we'd have pissed it away and be back to a 9th-12 team, while the Roosters would have developed into a top 8 (probably top 4) squad.

How do you fix a losing culture?

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Our 5th tackle options are diabolical, and have been for a long time. We always seem to kick it dead. One of many issues, but this leads to a lot of damage.

Tiger05

First Grade
You could swap our roster with the Roosters and by 2022 we'd have pissed it away and be back to a 9th-12 team, while the Roosters would have developed into a top 8 (probably top 4) squad.

How do you fix a losing culture?

I don't believe this for a second. Get quality players. Manage the cap well. Get a good coach. We can win games.

I don't think we are in that bad a position. Our pack looks decent. We really need to work through replacing Packer and Matulino but our pack has some good young players and some pretty solid players.

Our spine has potential. Our outside backs need to improve a lot but surely we can go and buy players like Bevan French for peanuts and improve a fair bit.

Tiger05

First Grade
Our 5th tackle options are diabolical, and have been for a long time. We always seem to kick it dead. One of many issues, but this leads to a lot of damage.

This is a massive issue. Chee-Kam yesterday was a classic example. Our halves consistently stuff up there plays here. Robbie is a hog.

They get it right sometimes as well but this is a massive issue.

The Rosco

Bench
This is gonna be long, so you may as well get a drink.
Momentum.
That is such a nasty word, it is 2 four letter words in one.
From the first tackle yesterday.
From the first kick that skidded merrily over the dead ball line.
From every 50/50 bounce of the ball.
FMD, from every 20/80 bounce of the ball.
Everything went Parra's way. Don't get me wrong, we played like vomit. They made the most of it, and played well.
But as soon as Chee Kam's grubber dribbled dead ( and the poor merkin only missed by 6 inches ), and Gutho raced back to the 20 . . . I said to the Mrs . . " Oh fkk, we are 2 players short" ( the 2 that dived for the grubber). Then in slow-mo, I saw Packer with his back turned. Then the rest of the front line with their backs turned.
And that was the last words that came out of my mouth for the next 80 minutes that didn't include at least 3 farks, 5 merkins, and 4 farkin merkins.
From that first Moses try, Parra had all the momentum, set after set they played well and when we did get the ball, we were closer to our line than halfway. They lose a garden variety forward, we lose our dummy half.
On the rare occasion we got near the line, we just kicked the vagina off the steeden and took another 7 tackle set rectally.
Parra just kept growing in confidence and scoreline, while we just got more tired.
We get the ball but are too fkked to do anything with it.
Parra are fresh and pumped coz of the 30000 punters having a wankfest in the new ground. They are fresh coz they are running through us at will.
Once a game gets to 24 nil . . regardless if the 4 tries were flukes or genius play . . . unless the losing team gets an enormous shift in momentum their way, it aint gonna get better. Of course if it's Melbourne that are 24 down, they have the players to possibly correct it . . . but any average team just gets more and more tired, makes more and more mistakes, and their opponents just ride the wave and keep the torture going. The team ahead scores, then receives the kick-off. Defending team gives away a penalty, all of a sudden the leaders are 15m out with a fresh set of 6. They score through a tired defender. Get the kickoff again, trailing team getting tired and start holding down to give their forwards a 3 second breather, Penalty. 20m out, 6 more tackles. Tired defenders . . . bingo, 16-0. Its as easy as that. we've all seen it before. That losing team aint gonna do jack shit unless they get about 6 repeat sets.
Looking at Penrith last year when they came back late in those games . . . it was all on the back of an incredible 180* momentum shift. They'd have 75% possession for the last 15 minutes, 35% for the first 65.
Mind you, we apparently completed at an acceptable rate. Problem is, getting to your 5th tackle kick while only 30m out from your line is fkkng useless.
So is reaching the 5th tackle kick then driving it over the dead ball by 17m.
Or not making any threatening attacking play on the last.
It was hard to tell exactly who to blame from where I was watching the game. Coiled in the foetal position on the floor isn't the best viewing angle, as I found out.
I doubt I can bring myself to watch a replay. Maybe after 28 schooners on Anzac day.
But to replay that trash on Anzac day would be disrespectful to those who served our great nation.

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
I can't even be bothered with this any more. I'm so sick of supporting this team. Re-locate us somewhere else so I'm forced to be a different team supporter

It was Parra's day from the moment Alvaro got snotted. When they racked up four tries in the first 25 despite having two blokes off for HIA I said to the missus that we were f**ked. We were just never up for it. They played for possession and we did f**k all with the ball despite having a high completion most of the game.

Latest posts