What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Delboy

First Grade
James Hooper just said on NRL360 discussions between Eels and Gutherson have broken down
Remember when clubs like Rorters or Broncos have players off contract, the media floats stories that why would a player leave for $50k/$80k more when they are settled etc

Now they are doing the opposite on the back of apparent feeds from player managers, even if true they bottom feeders.

Bazal

Post Whore
Hooper is a f**king genius, who cares what he says?

For us to believe that discussions have 'broken down' we would have to believe essentially that our greatest current Eel in terms of attitude had suddenly had a complete change of heart.

f**k off Hooper you bald scrotum. Tell us how good your big man voice is

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Anyone who believes to a word that mouth breeding bald cock Snot Hooper has to say is as gullible AF. He’s been spouting the same nonsense for weeks on end, looks like Slime Ayoub is getting desperate.

T.S Quint

Coach
When I hear that talks have “broken down” I take that to mean that there is no more dealing being done.
I seriously doubt that this is the case. This idiot using his language to sensationalise the situation.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
When I hear that talks have “broken down” I take that to mean that there is no more dealing being done.
I seriously doubt that this is the case. This idiot using his language to sensationalise the situation.

I would say more like the agent hasn't got what he wanted so he's gone snivelling and crawling to the media.

Bottom feeder.

Gronk

Staff member
Its disappointing this is being played out in the media. Clint seems like such a good bloke, great leader, hard worker and id hate to see him cop any reputational damage out of this.

Agree about this. I am sure that the process of a player re-signing is rarely under such intense scrutiny. It is starting to make him cone across as a mercenary.

I find it unlikely that he is going to go to Souths or Manly for 10% more. He is club captain at a new stadium with a coach he loves. Yes he could play FB at Nth Qld or Souths. No way he will sign elsewhere after a $2m 3 year offer.

Moses on the other hand could be tempted by $Bronco$. But does going to Qld give him more of a chance to win a comp ? Nah. I guess he could go to the Roosters after Cronk retires, but Keary has shown that he needs to steer the ship.

Kornstar

Coach
Its disappointing this is being played out in the media. Clint seems like such a good bloke, great leader, hard worker and id hate to see him cop any reputational damage out of this.

What's that saying? You lie down with dogs? Although in saying that, fleas are about 1,000,000 better than their managers.

Both Gutho and Moses have bottom feeders as managers. So they deserve some criticism for their poor choices imo.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Agree about this. I am sure that the process of a player re-signing is rarely under such intense scrutiny. It is starting to make him cone across as a mercenary.

I find it unlikely that he is going to go to Souths or Manly for 10% more. He is club captain at a new stadium with a coach he loves. Yes he could play FB at Nth Qld or Souths. No way he will sign elsewhere after a $2m 3 year offer.

Moses on the other hand could be tempted by $Bronco$. But does going to Qld give him more of a chance to win a comp ? Nah. I guess he could go to the Roosters after Cronk retires, but Keary has shown that he needs to steer the ship.
Chooks look to be grooming Keary and Mitchell as their future halfs combo with respect to Moses.
I guess its feasable to consider Guthos career to date at Parramatta when calculating his next contract. I know hes lost injury time but id suggest he has been on unders and often performing well beyond his pay grade particularly in 2017. Recognition of this could be part of the calculation. Theres little doubt that he is a different type of fullback but one who provides energy and developing leadership for his team.

When Gutho was interviewed after our win on Monday about his future at the Eels, I got the distinct impression from his body language that he knew he would not be here next year. I'm not very good with body language though so I hope I am wrong but I have a bad feeling about it.

Avenger

Immortal
When Gutho was interviewed after our win on Monday about his future at the Eels, I got the distinct impression from his body language that he knew he would not be here next year. I'm not very good with body language though so I hope I am wrong but I have a bad feeling about it.
I saw it too. Nothing in it. Besides if we lose him we just make Valentine Holmes the highest paid player in the game.

I saw it too. Nothing in it. Besides if we lose him we just make Valentine Holmes the highest paid player in the game.
Like I said, I'm no BL expert and I hope I'm wrong but do me a favour? Watch it again and see if you hav'nt changed your mind. I'd provide a link but can no longer find the Interview. anyone?

Latest posts