What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darling Harbour to Bankwest

UK Mal

Juniors
I am visiting Australia for origin game one and spending a week in Sydney prior to Brisbane. I will be attending the Parramatta Souths game on the 31st of May. My hotel is on Darling Harbour would the ferry to Parramatta and a taxi back be the way to travel? Any help would be most appreciated.

Incorrect

Coach
If you're not worried about cost, then yeah, a taxi from parra back to Darling Harbour would work. It'll probably cost the best part of $100 if not more. The ferry is a nice way to travel to and from the city to Parramatta if you've got plenty of time up your sleeve in the afternoon to make your way out west.

If the taxi fare above is too steep for your liking (as it would be for me), you could jump on a train from Parramatta, an express leaves Parramatta at 9:56pm and will have you at Central just after 10:20pm. Alight at Central for the light rail back to Darling Harbour... Total cost somewhere in the vicinity of $15 I'd imagine ..

Eelogical

Referee
The ferry to Parra then train back to the city makes sense. Parramatta station is a short walk from the stadium ,10 -15 minutes approx. You could also get off at Town Hall and walk back to Darling harbour (10 minutes). Buy an opal card first to access public transport. As a added bonus, an Opal card will also allow you to use all public trains, buses and ferries in the entire Sydney metro area on a sunday for $2.70.

strider

Post Whore
@Incorrect is correct ... ferry will take a while but a nice trip. And if you are leaving from Darling Harbour then looks like the ferry leaves from Barangaroo. One thing to keep in mind is that there are times the ferry wont run all the way to Parramatta Wharf. Also, game is at 7:55 so if 2hr trip you will be travelling in peak time on friday evening. I have no idea how many people catch the ferry, but it might be busy

This link might be helpful to show the route ... i have excluded train and bus in the options to force it to tell me a ferry route ... https://transportnsw.info/trip#/?wS... Alfred Park:ANY:POI:4870739:3748219:GDAV:nsw

The fastest way is probably by train. If going from darling harbour then a short 15-20 minute walk to either Town Hall or Central station then train to parramatta then 20 min walk to stadium ... or could get bus at parra or light rail at darling harbour if you dont like a walk. ... again, it will be busy time to travel, so expect a crowded train

Train ... https://transportnsw.info/trip#/?wS... Alfred Park:ANY:POI:4870739:3748219:GDAV:nsw

Coming back, as Incorrect said ... taxi will cost a bit, definitely $100+ .... train is probably cheapest and fastest .... it shouldnt be too late so would be fairly safe

strider

Post Whore
The ferry to Parra then train back to the city makes sense. Parramatta station is a short walk from the stadium ,10 -15 minutes approx. You could also get off at Town Hall and walk back to Darling harbour (10 minutes). Buy an opal card first to access public transport. As a added bonus, an Opal card will also allow you to use all public trains, buses and ferries in the entire Sydney metro area on a sunday for $2.70.
Well, if you have a pre purchsed ticket to a game at Bankwest then transport is meant to be free i believe

UK Mal

Juniors
Thanks for the information! Am I right in thinking that if I buy my tickets prior to the game I would travel back by train for free? I will still take the ferry the plan is to spend a couple of hours in Parramatta pre game. Watched the game at the weekend the stadium looks amazing.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Thanks for the information! Am I right in thinking that if I buy my tickets prior to the game I would travel back by train for free? I will still take the ferry the plan is to spend a couple of hours in Parramatta pre game. Watched the game at the weekend the stadium looks amazing.

correct mate

Free puplic transport to and fro Bankwest Stadium on game days, just show your ticket if asked

Happy MEel

First Grade
Yep. Travel to and from is free, provided you hold onto your ticket.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
hqdefault.jpg

T-Boon

Coach
UK Mal, you should check out our Leagues club while you are out here. The Football team owns it and we have the most poker machines in the world plus a bowling alley.

Latest posts