What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

The one in Manly?
I don’t get down there very much as I have the Public House 5 minutes down the road in Newport. If it’s barmaids you’re after, head across the road to wharf bar (in Manly).
Yeah, the one in Manly. I had just as many at the wharf bar if you mean the Belgian one. The barmaids in there were stuck up, inattentive cows who should be FIRED!

Happy MEel

First Grade
Yeah, the one in Manly. I had just as many at the wharf bar if you mean the Belgian one. The barmaids in there were stuck up, inattentive cows who should be FIRED!
No, wharf bar which is on the other side of the wharf. Good chance they’re no different to what you encountered at the Bavarian.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Sorry, Noise and mates.

I’ll have the jockey writing an apology and state why being 5 horses wide the entire trip and adding 100m to the race is heartbreaking when finishing 2nd and only beaten 1/2 a length.
No apologies to Noise necessary. The merkin took the safe bet and went Storm with the wingers anytime try scorers.

giphy.gif

Sorry, Noise and mates.

I’ll have the jockey writing an apology and state why being 5 horses wide the entire trip and adding 100m to the race is heartbreaking when finishing 2nd and only beaten 1/2 a length.
Lol. So you treat misbehaving personnel the same way Parra do? It reminds of when I was a kid and the old man got home from doing a double shift (very tired and very shitty) and the old girl making me go and confess to him whatever felony that incurs capitol punishment that I had committed that day.
Better luck on the next one BTW.I did back one of your nags about a year ago unless there is someone else on here has a few. I was going to back it (and I don't really gamble much these days if at all) but when I saw the W/P odds, i didn't bother Cheers mate.

Suitman

Post Whore

Lol. Yeh.
I heard about that on the radio this morning. Rupert wouldn't be happy!!

I only buy the weekend Saturday SMH and Aussie these days, when I have a bit more time to read them on a Saturday arvo/evening and Sunday morning. And I mainly buy them for the travel, real estate, sport and food sections, which are quite good. I haven't bought a weekday paper for years.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
A Queensland Police officer stopped at a farm in Maleny, and talked with an old farmer who was working on his tractor.
He told the farmer, "i have suspicion that there is cannabis growing on your property and I need to inspect your farm for illegally grown drugs right now."
The old timer said, "Okay officer , but please don't go in that field over there.", as he pointed out the location.
The Queensland Cop verbally exploded saying, " Mister, I have the authority of the State and Federal Government with me !" He instantly opened his police wallet to produce his badge and arrogantly displayed it in the farmers face.
"See this badge mate?! This badge means I am allowed by law to go wherever I wish....
On any land!
No questions asked!
Do you understand ?!!"

The farmer nodded politely, apologised, he continued working on his tractor. A short time later, the old farmer heard loud screams, looked up, and saw the cop running for his life, being chased by the farmer's big Brahman bull with the biggest horns in town...... With every step the bull was gaining ground on the officer, and it seemed likely that he'd sure enough get gored before he reached safety. The officer was clearly terrified. The old timer threw down his tools, ran to the fence and yelled at the top of his lungs..... "Your badge, show him your BADGE!!"