What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Roosters

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I was behind the penalty in the first half to Tedesco, I would say that Norman aimed for him, he is suspect against an opposing player with height.
We murdered that game in the last 15 minutes, the roosters were there for the plucking but we were not good enough. Luc, good game, no one running off him thou. Norman is very very good . Vaughan and Graham change the completion when they are on we lose to much when they are rested, time for Kerr and or Timms IMO. Simms great game but a shame he didn’t monster Cronk again.
Noticed a few times that Luc was looking left and right for the offload but noone within cooee....over to you coach Mmmm

Positives

Thought Host, Lawrie and Leilua all had very impressive games.

Norman and Hunt are excellent halves.

Hunt tries too hard sometimes.

Dufty is amazing on his day. If he improves his catching and general handling he will play Fullback for us for a long time.

Our defence was very good.

Negatives

Possible injury to Hunt.

Side was not mentally prepared for Roosters first half onslaught.

Too many handling errors gifted Roosters scoring opportunities.

Our wingers try very hard but are 1 to 2 levels below the wingers of most top 8 sides.

Mary needs to better utilise his bench.

No more backs on the bench.

No more Lats, time to put him out to pasture. Time to play Kerr or Timm.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
That one hurt. We should’ve won that. Roosters were shot to pieces. Some of our last play options were terrible. Well done to the boys for putting in their all in that second half. Well done to Mary for whatever he said at half time. Pereira and Ravalawa. I hope you take time to look at that replay and learn from that mistake.

Speaking of last tackle plays, where was Norman? He was exceptionally quiet today. All the pressure (and ball) seemed to head Hunt’s way,

Dragonsamy

Bench
Positives

Thought Host, Lawrie and Leilua all had very impressive games.

Norman and Hunt are excellent halves.

Hunt tries too hard sometimes.

Dufty is amazing on his day. If he improves his catching and general handling he will play Fullback for us for a long time.

Our defence was very good.

Negatives

Possible injury to Hunt.

Side was not mentally prepared for Roosters first half onslaught.

Too many handling errors gifted Roosters scoring opportunities.

Our wingers try very hard but are 1 to 2 levels below the wingers of most top 8 sides.

Mary needs to better utilise his bench.

No more backs on the bench.

No more Lats, time to put him out to pasture. Time to play Kerr or Timm.

Well said.
I would be willing to give Pereira another chance but I agree Rav needs to be dropped

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Some observations:

1. If Grant Atkins is a first grade referee I'm a pumpkin
2. If Cummings is a senior referee I'm a double pumpkin
3. The Roosters are not that invincible as some may think.
4. We had multiple opportunities to ice that game, Hunt, Vaughan, Rava/JP, all should have scored or gone close to us scoring.
5. I've been on the side of Rava, but today proved to me he isn't ready for the heat of a major game. If, for example JP break and Pearson was on his outside, then its shut the gate.
6. Following from point 5, Pearson should be in the team next week.
7. Again following on from point 5, if JP doesn't pass and throws the dummy he would have gone close to scoring himself, needs to back himself more.
8. Latimore has to go, when we needed drive and line breaks he just plodded up to the defense, he was also very slow in getting back onside.
9. Dufty, for all his speed and agility for scoring try's his general security from the bomb and bringing the ball back are going to cost us more games than he will win with his speed.
10. Luch and Lawrie where were they in the last 10 mins, please don't tell me McGregor burnt our last interchange on a winger.

Expecting some changes for our next game, lets hope the coaching staff see it too. It's a 10 day turn, so hopefully Hunt will be ok to play.
Agree on point 8 definately, Latimore isn't providing what he has done for us in the past, surely a keen young bloke could add something from the bench.