What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 - Panthers vs Rabbitohs: Friday 26th April 7:35pm @Panthers Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Can't wait for the game this week!! Although we won last week, I think we sort of need a rebound this weekend and need to put in a better performance. Penrith will be desperate for a win so we will need to be on our toes.

It's Anzac Round too so I believe we will be wearing the special Anzac jersey.

Travitoh

First Grade
This is a game that on paper i would expect Souths to win.
Ivan Cleary coached sides do have the ability to frustrate their opposition though and i wouldn't be shocked if Souths imploded and lost in a low scoring affair.
In saying that, this is a very winnable game but it will require a patience in attack that we haven't really seen for a couple of seasons.

Last edited:

ThingFish

Juniors
This is a game that on paper i would expect Souths to win.
Ivan Cleary coached sides do have the ability to frustrate their opposition though and i wouldn't be shocked if Souths imploded and lost in a low scoring affair.
In saying that, this is a very winnable game but it will require a patience in attack that we haven't really seen for a couple of seasons.
Agree. It’s all good and we’ll to have a whinge about ruck penalties, but other clubs are still winning well under the same conditions. We have to find another way. I think you’re right we need a patient approach, we don’t need to score off every set. I’d like Renno to get back to being the repeat set king, put some pressure on instead of giving away 7 tackle set after 7 tackle set. Let’s goooooo Rabbitohs :rabbit::clap::clap::clap:

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Penrith are kinda like the titans in that from time to time they’ll get up over us and knock out the momentum we’re building. We just gotta hope that when the riff do click it won’t be against us because they’ve got a quality side.

Tatola to get a try too!

ThingFish

Juniors
Penrith are kinda like the titans in that from time to time they’ll get up over us and knock out the momentum we’re building. We just gotta hope that when the riff do click it won’t be against us because they’ve got a quality side.

Tatola to get a try too!
If anyone deserves a try it’s Tatola. Certainly one of most improved this year.

assess5

Juniors
Bennett seems to be happy with Kyle Turners' performances in the centre position.

Pity Turner doesn't have a metre or two more of pace. Seems to handling the defensive side of the position.
It's good to see him seemly over that neck injury which could have been career ending. Very scary things neck injuries.

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member
The day has finally arrived again, Game Day!!! A very special Game Day too as we get the chance to honour our ANZACS. I must admit, I'm quite nervous about this one.

Oldmate

Juniors
I’m also nervous, Panthers have a dangerous backline, going to be a real challenge for Turner and Allen. I thought Allen’s defence was good last week though. Look out for Aekins the Penrith fullback. He’s been the best number 1 in reserve grade for a couple of years now and in his only NRL game he ran for 300 metres and looked the part. These are the types of guys Wayne should be looking to pinch before June 30, Untapped talent struggling to get runs at their clubs. Rumour has it Whare is on the outer at Penrith too, could be a very handy pick up

Rabbit Stew

Juniors
A bit of topic but I'm going to indulge one of my pet whinges in the rugby league rules - I don't believe a double movement should be a penalty.
Too often we see attacking players not sure whether they should reach out or not and sometimes they will genuinely not know if they've touched the ground with the arm carrying the ball.
The we see stupid penalties like the Fisher-Harris one tonight where he was not attempting to gain an advantage but his side lost the opportunity to keep attacking the line.
Fair enough, it should be no try if there's a double movement but the player should just get up and play the ball.
As it stands, attacking teams are penalised to harshly and defending teams benefit too greatly but do nothing to earn the reward

Travitoh

First Grade
A bit of topic but I'm going to indulge one of my pet whinges in the rugby league rules - I don't believe a double movement should be a penalty.
Too often we see attacking players not sure whether they should reach out or not and sometimes they will genuinely not know if they've touched the ground with the arm carrying the ball.
The we see stupid penalties like the Fisher-Harris one tonight where he was not attempting to gain an advantage but his side lost the opportunity to keep attacking the line.
Fair enough, it should be no try if there's a double movement but the player should just get up and play the ball.
As it stands, attacking teams are penalised to harshly and defending teams benefit too greatly but do nothing to earn the reward

I can agree with this. Treat it as being held up in goal.

Enjoying this match. Souths are giving everything to keep Penrith out.