What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

80 minutes 1 run 13 meters

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Can't wait to hear the justification.

No amount of "hes good for training standards" or "he really helps the young players" can make up for his houdini acts

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
What do you say?
I say that me and jj correctly predicted that Adam Blair would not offer us any go forward and we said this BEFORE he even played for us. I say its time we accept he's got no go forward and just hope he stays far away from propping duties and the first grade team.

Reactions: JJ

Blair

Coach
One try and some handy niggle in the tackle? Did he put some Melbourne Storm off their game a bit?

Big Marn

Juniors
I don't debate the fact 13m is pathetic, but i counted at least three try saving tackles on our line from him.
true, but the other side of the coin is if he is providing us with yardage. eg Burr 18 runs 100+m, 45 tackles vs Blairs 1 run 13m 47 tackles, are we on our tryline as much? Maybe Storm dont get down there so often because we are further down the field on tackle 6.
Then again maybe its a tactical issue. We only get so many hitups per game and SK would rather have big Ken taking them then Blair,because Blairs hitups are crap.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
65m in 3 weeks, a joke when others are putting everything they have into the game last night and this passenger stands there and watches the likes of Beale making the tough runs off their own line

vvvrulz

Coach
It has to be part of the plan surely; let Ken do the running and save your energy for defence?

The problem is, we almost got the result and 'no-wholesale-changes' Kearney will use that to justify Blair's continued existence. Kata will waltz back in though, and my biggest fear is Herbert will get the CNK treatment and will soon be killing it in Aussie.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
If he's making 42 tackles and a lot of them are hard ones on our line, then I don't think we should be too carried away with the amount of metres he makes. Micheal Luck used to make 30m from 8 carries and no one tended to get into it too much. We've always talked about how we need defensive steel and Blair often brings that, when he's not being a penalty magnet f**kwit like last week.

I still think he's a dud buy but I don't also see the full relevance of using running stats for a guy who was never picked to offer it.

vvvrulz

Coach
If he's making 42 tackles and a lot of them are hard ones on our line, then I don't think we should be too carried away with the amount of metres he makes. Micheal Luck used to make 30m from 8 carries and no one tended to get into it too much. We've always talked about how we need defensive steel and Blair often brings that, when he's not being a penalty magnet f**kwit like last week.

I still think he's a dud buy but I don't also see the full relevance of using running stats for a guy who was never picked to offer it.

I thought about Luck too actually - but the difference is Luck put in a massive amount of work week in week out, season after season. Can't say the same for Blair who coasts in and out - Blair at his peak performance is roughly what Luck did every week.

Iron Lion

Juniors
What do you?

Mannering would make 20 more tackles and 100 more metres

This is what Blair is, it's what he did at the Tigers

And that is why the Tigers say he was the worst signing in their teams history.

He then goes to the Broncos and plays out of his skin.

We got the Tigers version of Blair.

1 run for the entire game!

Thats not how the game is played it it?

Thats not worth $800k is it?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I thought about Luck too actually - but the difference is Luck put in a massive amount of work week in week out, season after season. Can't say the same for Blair who coasts in and out - Blair at his peak performance is roughly what Luck did every week.

Nah I agree completely, I was just playing devil's advocate in terms of that one off game. If Blair brought that every week, I'd have no issue. He's not a metre-eater. And you're completely right, what Blair did last night Luck did every week. And Luck was ruthless in the standards he set in every aspect of the club as well and let people know when they didn't reach them.