What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 vs Storm

morningstar

Juniors
3. Maumalo - Herculean effort. Was there a set of 6 where he didn’t take a hit up?
2. Paasi
1. Herbert

-100 Blair - 13m in 80 mins. Shameful.

TheDMC

Bench
3. Harris
2. Herbert
1. Hiku

HM Maumalo

That'll do me too.

Blair's 13 meters were top quality though, nice line, stepped the full-back and scored a try.

CTH is defending so well. Thought that would be achilles heal based on the couple of pre-season games I watched. Herbert is a champ. Pity it took all those injuries for him to get his chance. Kearnmyth.

3. Maumalo, 27 hit ups, 228m, puts the forwards to shame.

2. Herbert, great debut. 102m with 9 hit ups, pity about last pass being forward.

1, Burr, 45 tackles and played to the whistle to get the lose ball that allowed set for Maumalo try.

ozenzud

Juniors
Didn't watch as I have given up. Watched Saints v Easts and thought it was a great game.

JJ

Immortal
3. Harris
2. Herbert, shame he'll be dropped
1. Burr

HM Hiku, Maumalo

LOL at Blair

Big Marn

Juniors
3 Burr ( 18 runs, 100+m, 45 tackles) forgive him the dodgy offload. compare to Blair 1 run 47 tackles. Big motor on this guy.
2 Herbert - great debut. lot to like about him. ferocious tackling technique and good pumping legs thru the tackle on attack. Would have been great to see him get better opportunities on attack. Green could really utilise this guy well i think.
1 Ken - have to give him credit for the high workload as it was needed to get us out of trouble.

HM - IP, Harris, CHT, Beale, Hiku ( that laser pass to Ken was great to watch)
Concerns - Luke's continuing injury issues, Our overall kicking game, Roache being used for hitups when Luke was on at the same time.WTF. We have used tandem hookers much better in previous seasons. We need dominant forwards for it to work properly I think and we dont have that this year.
Leeson seems to have regressed the last few weeks. Was hoping for more from our big offseason buy at this stage of the season.

HHM - the girl doing the last post on the bugle. High pressure situation to get every note perfect but i thought she nailed it. So props to her.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
3- Ken
2- Herbert
1- Burr

No major negatives. Not getting stuck into Blair this week as he scored a good try and his defence was first rate. Ayshford was ordinary but he was there as a stop gap, bench policy is still odd but at least Tevaga wasn’t playing dummy half.

Last edited:

Big Marn

Juniors
3- Ken
2- Herbert
1- Burr

No major negatives. Not getting stuck into Blair this week as he scored a good try and his defence was first rate. Ayshford was ordinary but he was there as a stop gap, bench policy is still odd but at least Tevaga wasn’t playing Fake.
Jazz picked up a calf injury during the game so that was another aspect of our normal game that we got to see differently last night.

vvvrulz

Coach
3. Burr
2. Harris
1. CHT

HM Herbert, Ken, Hiku

I can't bring myself to give Ken points, impressively huge metres but he is just *not* a winger and we dodged a couple of bullets after his goof ups.

Iafeta

Referee
I’ll do mine later but I will say how awesome it was to see edge defence clearly communicating and working hard for each other rather than panicking. Take a bow Patrick Herbert. I am hard pressed to remember a first grade debut by an outside back for the Warriors where the defence on the edge was so outstanding.

Iron Lion

Juniors
3.Herbert (Which is German for Warrior) - Outstanding debut. Bought a huge amount of hunger and energy. I will die inside if Kearney drops him for Kata. His defensive performance shut out a state of origin centre. He owned Chambers tonight. The amazing thing is Herbert is known for his attack and not defence. Count me IMPRESSED.

2. Maumalo. Shouldn't be on the wing. Is truly a 2nd rower. But he pulled out a mass of meters. Just why can't he do that with 11 or 12 on his back

1.Burr - Proving to be an astute signing. He was thrown to the wolves and is now leading the pack. Getting better by the week and another player who is truly hungry to perform. Glad he is a warrior. Big, robust and MOTOR.

Hawks

Juniors
3 Maulamo ...his runs were huge at the game you could see how much impact those runs had
2 Herbet... impressive debut looked solid on d and was very willing on attack some of his hits stopped guys dead in there tracks
1 Burr... this guy is a machine

-10000 Blair absolute passenger looked for him a couple of times and couldnt see him thought he had gone off but nope he was bludging on the wing while others where putting there hands up for the tough runs.

Iafeta

Referee
3. Burr
2. Harris
1. CHT

HM Herbert, Ken, Hiku

I can't bring myself to give Ken points, impressively huge metres but he is just *not* a winger and we dodged a couple of bullets after his goof ups.

He scored one. And had Ayshford in a situation to catch the ball and fall over. What were his goof ups. I genuinely can’t recall. He was a Sherman tank last night for mine.

jaseg

Juniors
3 Maumalo - worked his arse off.. and how many times did we see the team go 2 wide inside their own 20 to see Ken actually get us on the front foot for the first time in the set?
2 Herbert - boom.. shame his night ended on that forward pass, but he was very good.
1 Paasi - negated getting worked at the tackle point by the filthy Storm by getting plenty of good offloads

vvvrulz

Coach
He scored one. And had Ayshford in a situation to catch the ball and fall over. What were his goof ups. I genuinely can’t recall. He was a Sherman tank last night for mine.

Screwed up a bomb completely which almost led to a try, and fumbled a kick over his head in bad territory which luckily the Storm knocked on.

The try was a silver platter finish, but I'll definitely give Ken credit for the set up for Ayshford - forgot about that. Maybe I'm being harsh.

Latest posts