What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs. Cronulla Sharks Discussion

Big Pete

Referee
NRL 2019 - Round 7
Brisbane Broncos v Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
Suncorp Stadium, Milton (TICKETS)
Saturday 27 April 2019

TL-BRI19.png

1. Darius Boyd
2. Corey Oates
3. James Roberts
4. Jack Bird
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Anthony Milford
7. Kodi Nikorima
8. Payne Haas
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Joe Ofahengaue
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Tevita Pangai

Interchange:
14. Kotoni Staggs
15. David Fifita
16. Thomas Flegler
17. Patty Carrigan

Reserves
18. Jaydn Su'a
19. Gehamat Shibasaki
20. Tom Dearden
21. Matthew Lodge

TL-CRO19.png

1. Will Kennedy
2. Sosaia Feki
3. Bronson Xerri
4. Josh Morris
5. Josh Dugan
6. Shaun Johnson
7. Chad Townsend
8. Andrew Fifita
9. Jayden Brailey
10. Matt Prior
11. Scott Sorensen
12. Kurt Capewell
13. Paul Gallen

Interchange:
14. Blayke Brailey
15. Jayson Bukuya
16. Jack Williams
17. Braden Hamlin-uele

Reserves
18. Ronaldo Mulitalo
19. Kyle Flanagan
20. Sione Katoa
21. Billy Magoulias​

Big Pete

Referee
Matt Lodge is set to return to the starting side, with Carrigan dropping out of the 17. No word on who will be going to the bench, but you'd have to assume it will be one of the middle forwards.

I can't believe the Broncos are favourites. At best I would call it an even game, but after last week, you'd have to say Cronulla have more momentum heading into the clash. Shaun Johnson and Bronson Xerri in particular seem like the type of players who can just pile on a few quick tries and win the game at the drop of a hat.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I'd say it will be Ofahengaue who moves to the bench to accommodate Lodge.

I am too surprised that Broncos would be the favourites. Shaun Johnson in particular seems to like to aim up for the Broncos.

Going in with no confidence but hopeful.

Big Pete

Referee
Cronulla served that up and to the Broncos credit, they stringed enough good plays to win it comfortably. The middle third were strong in their first game together and Milford enjoyed his best game of 2019.

The significance of the win will only be known on Thursday. If they beat South Sydney, it will be the win they desperately needed to boost morale and confidence. If they lose, then it was merely a mirage and as fans, we'll reflect more on the missed opportunities than on the positives.

Nerd

Bench
Good to get a win at last. Much better performance than last few weeks. Isaako is sure going to see a lot of bombs coming his way after dropping that sitter tonight. Great to see our forwards really monster the Sharks pack.

renouf

Juniors
Yep, albeit against a weakened side it was the best they've played this year, would have been good to finish them off in 2nd half, attack broke down in 2nd half but it's a decent win. Another Thursday night game, I'm convinced we don't play well on Thursday nights, much rather Friday night.

Last edited:

renouf

Juniors
The clean-out is on, I thought Roberts looked disinterested... don't agree with selling players to strengthen opposition teams mid season. Nikorima on his way as well, seriously how much do they want to weaken the side?