What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Newcastle Team List Thread

eels_fan

First Grade
BA confirmed in the pre-game presser this morning that Fergo should be sweet to play if he gets through the captains run, but Alvaro will be given a week to recover from the knock and won’t play.

Also confirmed Ma’u will replace him

lingard

Coach
I will tell you'se all why we will lose this game

No1. The high of Easter Monday, we will drop a lot of intensity

2. Bogey team the Knights in Newcastle

3. Knights will be more pumped (combo of 1 and 2 and 4)

4. Mitchel Pearce to dominate Mitchel Moses

5. They will do it for Nathan Brown

Knights 1-12

I reckon you could be right. A real danger game. Newcastle are under-performing big time; but they've got a damn good side. Parramatta will have to come down from a massive high, and focus 100 per cent on this game. If Parramatta wins tomorrow, it will be very impressive.

Bazal

Post Whore
I think you're starting to be proven correct.

I didn't see much in him in 2018, but he has come along nicely.

Marata is learning for sure. But I still don't see a gun attacking player there. He's started to run a good line but has next to no passing game or offload for eg. I think his strength will always be his defence and work rate.

Nothing wrong with that, but pretty much bang on with what those in the know said about him.

Lane is the surprise for me over the last season and a bit.

84 Baby

Referee
He’d be harshly done by, if he misses out on starting if all players are available. He’s been enormous for us thus far.
I think the only walk up start of injured players is Drown. Even Nrown would struggle to get guaranteed start atm, although I’d say he def be in 17

TheParraboy

Staff member
I reckon you could be right. A real danger game. Newcastle are under-performing big time; but they've got a damn good side. Parramatta will have to come down from a massive high, and focus 100 per cent on this game. If Parramatta wins tomorrow, it will be very impressive.

cheers mate

Eelogical

Referee
They're all danger games these days. 5th plays a struggling 16th at their home ground is a recipe for anything. Good, improving teams like Parra have a chance to stake a claim in the 8 by winning such games. I wouldn't call a win in Newcastle 'impressive'. I'd call it 'expected' if we're going to make a dent in this competition. It'a up to BA and the team to make it so.

T.S Quint

Coach
So Alvaro misses out on this game due to concussion.
It's a good thing the refs didn't judge that he was fit enough to maybe come back onto the field last Monday, thus not sin binning the Tigers player responsible for his injury.
Poor Jennings was binned for 10 mins and also was suspended for the next game when he did it.

Incorrect

Coach
He’d be harshly done by, if he misses out on starting if all players are available. He’s been enormous for us thus far.
I'd be tempted to leave Timmy in the role he's been playing from the bench so far, it has been great for our rotation. I'd prolly start Tep up front with Jnr and Terepo in the 13. Keep Mannah on the bench...

Gronk

Staff member
The Parramatta Eels line up to take on the Newcastle Knights on Sunday 28 April at McDonald Jones Stadium has been updated by Blue & Gold Head Coach Brad Arthur.

With 24 hours until kick off, Arthur has reduced his squad to 19 players with Manu Ma’u making a return in place of Daniel Alvaro.

Parramatta Eels

1. Clint Gutherson (c)
2. Maika Sivo
3. Michael Jennings
4. Brad Takairangi
5. Blake Ferguson
6. Jaeman Salmon
7. Mitch Moses
14. Peni Terepo
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Junior Paulo
11. Shaun Lane
12. Marata Niukore
13. Tepai Moeroa
Interchange
15. Tim Mannah
16. Oregon Kaufusi
17. Ray Stone
18. Manu Ma'u

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2019/04/27/team-list-update-eels-v-wests-tigers-round-seven/

Latest posts