What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Glass Half Full Thread

hindy111

Post Whore
Well there was a bit to like about a performance today.

Sivo is a genuine NRL quality winger and can start to be used as a strike weapon.

MJ is not passed it and maybe good for a 1-2yr extension.

Same goes for Manu and Mannah.

Lane is an exceptional player.

Kafusi is going to be a beast by 2020. He will lead the pack.

We also are shown again that Moses and Gutherson are not great leaders and if either left are replaceable. I do not want our management to get swept up in a purple patch and ruin our squad by paying these guys overs. Gutherson is a loveable energetic character but unsure he worth 700k+ Moses will most likely always be rocks and Diamonds.
Aiden Seizer would be a solid replacement for Moses.

I also think it should be Takas last year. And if Tepai wants overs let him walk. A good player but lacks leadership and mongrel.

Keep in mind we do have Alvaro and both Browns to come back.

Tooooks

Bench
I feel as shitty as anyone else today, but in the spirit of trying to remain positive, I thought I'd start this thread to add to each time we lose.

Knights v Eels - Round 7 2019:

- We lost the first 27 mins 20-0 but won the next 53 mins 14-8 despite playing poorly.
- The return of M'au. 1 try, 1 linebreak, 1 LBA, 23 tackles, 140 running metres.
- Mahoney 69 tackles (I'm quoting stats from the NRL app).
- Sivo continues to improve. 159 metres, a try (should've been 2), 7 tackle busts, 2 line breaks.

I'm sure there's more, but I'll leave it at that.

Gronk

Staff member
I watched the first 20min on my phone and it looked like one of those games. Newcastle had all the ball, got 4 penalties in a row. We could not swing the momentum. Very hard to come back from that.

Loving the idea of a positive thread. Merkins keep away. :rage:

TheParraboy

Staff member
Both Browns coming back will make a huge difference

Ma'u getting game time today will be enormous
as well as Fergo who looked a little sluggish but will be good to go next week

Alvaro will be back

Season far from over

Bring on the dragqueens

Gazzamatta

Coach
Lane was superb. If he dosent play we are 30 plus behind at half time.
Sivos tackle hurt me sitting in my lounge room.
Mahoneys energy is amazing but his defensive technique requires strong support in the tackle which he didnt get enough of today.
Fergo was enormously brave.
Oregan was great. A big future.

Djay

Juniors
- If that was last year or most other years we would have lost by 40+.
- We stuck solid at least and some what turned the tide back our way to get us back into the match when we hardly touched the ball and was totally up against it.
- Manu was exceptional on return, thought he ran very hard and caused some issues.
- We are still missing D Brown and N Brown who will improve us further and add a lot to our attack.
- Thought Jennings, Mannah, Lane all had really good games and looked dangerous.
- Kaufusi is a goer and looks a real good talent coming through.

hindy111

Post Whore
I dont want to sound like a sour puss.
But we beaten Dogs and Panthers who are running last. And Penrith where missing their best player Kikau.
Also beat an injury ravaged Sharks and Tigers without Benji and Farrah. They also played woefull.

We matched the Roosters for 20 who where missing key players and had the ass end blown out of us against Canberra and Knights.
Let's not get carried away. I want to see how we perform against Saints and Storm and Cowboys and Panthers in next 4 before extend BA.

emjaycee

Coach
But we beaten Dogs and Panthers who are running last. And Penrith where missing their best player Kikau.
Also beat an injury ravaged Sharks and Tigers without Benji and Farrah. They also played woefull.

We matched the Roosters for 20 who where missing key players and had the ass end blown out of us against Canberra and Knights.
Let's not get carried away. I want to see how we perform against Saints and Storm and Cowboys and Panthers in next 4 before extend BA.
Given that the three games we have lost have been without at least 2 of NBrown, DBrown, and Ma'u shouldn't we give BA at least 4 games with all of his top players if you are going to use opposition injuries to lessen the value of our wins or do our injuries not matter as much as our oppositions?

Tooooks

Bench

Seriously, we all know this. The whole point of this thread is to focus on the positives.
Not a difficult concept for most people to grasp. Why do you think your other posts were deleted?

Gronk

Staff member

Seriously, we all know this. The whole point of this thread is to focus on the positives.
Not a difficult concept for most people to grasp. Why do you think your other posts were deleted?
Sorry Tooooks, the merkin either has a comprehension issue or wants attention.