What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
It's mostly everything that you guys claim is good. Seats, big bars, big food areas, big walkways and fire escapes.

All it has wrong with it is a shit view.

Sht view, miles from the action and 50k too many seats. But yeh apart from that its a great example of what a modern sports stadium should be for NRL clubs!

Yeah but no crowd
So it’s the same as a small venue that is full...according these blokes.

Yeh great justification. Anz is sht, so its ok for us to play at sht grounds.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Like people focusing on Manlys crowd in their shit suburban ground but conveniently forgetting the Bulldogs heaps worse crowd in a big stadium?

Manly's crowd averages over time have been fairly poor, hence they face more scrutiny.

Last year they averaged 11,232 per game, ahead of only the Eels (who were playing at an alternative ground and finished last).

Since 2015, they've only cracked 15k on three occasions - by contrast they've pulled in a sub-10k crowd seventeen times in the same period.

Compare that to the Bulldogs (ANZ only for consistency's sake) - only nine games sub-10k, which have been offset by the fact they've topped 15k on thirty occasions (and that even excludes finals).

It's not about picking on Manly or not picking on the Bulldogs - Friday's crowd was atrocious. But Brookvale either needs serious investment sooner than later, or Manly's future at that venue has to be called into question.

carcharias

Immortal
Sht view, miles from the action and 50k too many seats. But yeh apart from that its a great example of what a modern sports stadium should be for NRL clubs!

Yeh great justification. Anz is sht, so its ok for us to play at sht grounds.
According to you
ANZ is shit
So is every other ground except ones in England that are used for a totally different sport.
and brand new modern stadiums on opening night.

carcharias

Immortal
Manly's crowd averages over time have been fairly poor, hence they face more scrutiny.

Last year they averaged 11,232 per game, ahead of only the Eels (who were playing at an alternative ground and finished last).

Since 2015, they've only cracked 15k on three occasions - by contrast they've pulled in a sub-10k crowd seventeen times in the same period.

Compare that to the Bulldogs (ANZ only for consistency's sake) - only nine games sub-10k, which have been offset by the fact they've topped 15k on thirty occasions (and that even excludes finals).

It's not about picking on Manly or not picking on the Bulldogs - Friday's crowd was atrocious. But Brookvale either needs serious investment sooner than later, or Manly's future at that venue has to be called into question.

Manly have the unlucky situation of being in a spot that is one of the most diabolically hard places to get to in Sydney.

As I stated above
ANZ is the easiest joint to get to.
It has a bloody train station on its door step.

I seriously doubt you blokes even consider these things.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Manly have the unlucky situation of being in a spot that is one of the most diabolically hard places to get to in Sydney.

As I stated above

Of course we do, that's not the point you were making lol. You've just completely switched the discussion as though you were making my point :joy:

It sounds as though you concede my point that Manly's attendances are an issue - and transport, along with Brookvale's facilities, are key to that.

Will we actually see movement on either point?

As I stated above

The new SFS will surpass it when built. Light rail is a game changer for the city.

If you work in the CBD (which a lot of us do i assume) - getting out to Homebush for a Friday night game is a pain in the nut hole. You either f**k around on non-direct trains or sit in a carpark for 2hrs to travel 10km

Marlins

Juniors
Rabbits v Broncos 10k
Cowboys v Titans 12k
Sharks v Storm 13k
Raiders v Panthers 9k
Manly v Bulldogs 12k
Roosters v Tigers 14k
Warriors v Knights 13k
Eels v Dragons 26k

Should end up with around 14k Average

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
The new SFS will surpass it when built. Light rail is a game changer for the city.

If you work in the CBD (which a lot of us do i assume) - getting out to Homebush for a Friday night game is a pain in the nut hole. You either f**k around on non-direct trains or sit in a carpark for 2hrs to travel 10km

I don’t work in the city
And if changing trains is an issue for people then they’ll probably watch it on tv.
Because there is never going to be any other easier way to get to the footy than a train to the front door step.

BlueandGold

Juniors
Rabbits v Broncos 10k
Cowboys v Titans 12k
Sharks v Storm 13k
Raiders v Panthers 14k
Manly v Bulldogs 12k
Roosters v Tigers 14k
Warriors v Knights 13k
Eels v Dragons 26k

Should end up with around 14.5k Average

Everything looks good except the Cowboys v Titans game. Hopefully 15k.

carcharias

Immortal
Of course we do, that's not the point you were making lol. You've just completely switched the discussion as though you were making my point :joy:

It sounds as though you concede my point that Manly's attendances are an issue - and transport, along with Brookvale's facilities, are key to that.

Will we actually see movement on either point?

What?
Switched?
Pfft try again.

I pointed out how manly got more people to Brookvale than the dogs got to ANZ
According to you blokes Brookvale only got 10k because because of the ground and it’s facilities.
What is the dogs excuse?

Perth Red

Post Whore
According to you
ANZ is shit
So is every other ground except ones in England that are used for a totally different sport.
and brand new modern stadiums on opening night.

A bit of poetic license there carch!

Allianz (before and after)
Bankwest
Robina
AAMI
Marathon
Suncorp
all good stadiums. and NQ when its built
Its a sad reflection on the sports standing in Sydney and the low expectations in Australia that there are so few decent modern rectangular stadiums
Mt Smart, Panthers, Sharks, Manly, Dragons, Tigers and ANZ are problematic for future growth of the sport.

ps I include Bankwest Park (Perth) in the problematic list, it needs another 5k capacity and better corporate facilities into the future.

Perth Red

Post Whore
For the Rund 7 Roosters v Wests Tigers game on Saturday night, you can get a Super Saver family deal, as per the following screenshot -

View attachment 29388

So you get 4 x General Admission tickets, with a voucher which you can redeem at the ground for 4 x hot dogs, 4 x buckets of chips, and 4 x bottle of water. This come at a total cost of $80. (Screenshot taken from the Sydney Roosters website home page).

Source: https://premier.ticketek.com.au/sho...s&utm_medium=Web&utm_campaign=2019Premiership

Great deal, ticket prices no excuse for that one!

Perth Red

Post Whore
What?
Switched?
Pfft try again.

I pointed out how manly got more people to Brookvale than the dogs got to ANZ
According to you blokes Brookvale only got 10k because because of the ground and it’s facilities.
What is the dogs excuse?

Again, the ground. ANZ is sht for club games, for the nineteenth time!