What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Crowe

Juniors
I haven't watched too many Souths games in the past year or so but was Gagai that bad at centre? I remember at the Knights I thought people overrated him massively as a centre and then when he signed with Souths people were saying he and GI would form the best centre pairing in years.

Since Inglis retirement Gagai has stepped up the last couple weeks.
He was really good against the Panthers on the weekend and outplayed Waqa Blake.
Gagai set up a try and scored one himself.
His defence was actually strong.
The Panthers had a stack of possession and threw everything down our right edge and could only manage one try when Kikau ran over Reynolds.

aqua_duck

Coach
Since Inglis retirement Gagai has stepped up the last couple weeks.
He was really good against the Panthers on the weekend and outplayed Waqa Blake.
Gagai set up a try and scored one himself.
His defence was actually strong.
The Panthers had a stack of possession and threw everything down our right edge and could only manage one try when Kikau ran over Reynolds.
Yeah I never thought he was anywhere near the elite centre a lot of people thought he was but I never thought he was a liability that you had to hide on the wing.

Turkish international Aidan Sezer will obviously boost the Broncos attack, if the rumours of the Broncos signing him are true. I doubt very much that the Broncos could snare another Turkish international so easily, because .both Jansin Turgut (Salford) and Emre Guler (Canberra) are forwards, and thus not playing in positions where the Broncos need urgent replacements.

big hit!

Bench
Turkish international Aidan Sezer will obviously boost the Broncos attack, if the rumours of the Broncos signing him are true. I doubt very much that the Broncos could snare another Turkish international so easily, because .both Jansin Turgut (Salford) and Emre Guler (Canberra) are forwards, and thus not playing in positions where the Broncos need urgent replacements.

how good's his shish?

Aiden Sezer, as a Turkish international half, is probably too good a player and too high status to be operating behind a losing pack of Brisbane forwards, and alongside an under-performing Milford..

I love Phil Rothfield. He reckons in his column today that the reason the Eels are "going slow" with their re-signings is because they are trying to save up to make a big play for Latrell Mitchell.

Now does the bloke not realise that the players off contract for Parramatta are off contract at the end of 2019, whilst Latrell Mitchell does not come off contract till the end of 2020? Great way to lose the core of your team following his "logic".

AJB1102

First Grade
I love Phil Rothfield. He reckons in his column today that the reason the Eels are "going slow" with their re-signings is because they are trying to save up to make a big play for Latrell Mitchell.

Now does the bloke not realise that the players off contract for Parramatta are off contract at the end of 2019, whilst Latrell Mitchell does not come off contract till the end of 2020? Great way to lose the core of your team following his "logic".

That means rivals can talk to Latrell as of November 2019. He's on everyone's radar mate, be a crying shame if the Chooks had their golden egg pinched off 'em!

Bazal

Post Whore

He's a drunk, and he's conflated our desire (allegedly) to structure our cap in such a way that we can have a shot at a big star for 2021 with the idea that's somehow relevant to our 2020 cap.

Probably because he was drunk

That means rivals can talk to Latrell as of November 2019. He's on everyone's radar mate, be a crying shame if the Chooks had their golden egg pinched off 'em!

Ok, so you don't re-sign your off contract players for 2019 whilst waiting to talk to a player in November 2019 who can't join your club till 2021? Great idea to see your core like Gutherson and Moses playing at another club in 2020 then :rolleyes:

That is my point. Not that other clubs won't make a play for Latrell Mitchell.

Perth Tiger

Bench

Yeah what a shame, they will just have to really on their other stars that they didn't poach like Teddy and Keary.

By they way, this isn't a whinge about poaching, every club does it and it just happens my club is shit at it. But spare me the tears if Mitchell leaves.

Which he wont anyway.

Yeah what a shame, they will just have to really on their other stars that they didn't poach like Teddy and Keary.

By they way, this isn't a whinge about poaching, every club does it and it just happens my club is shit at it. But spare me the tears if Mitchell leaves.

Which he wont anyway.

Poached? Keary?! The bloke Rusty Crowe drove out of Souths cause he wouldn't take his shit at a pre-season camp in 2016?! ROFLMAO :p

Perth Tiger

Bench
Poached? Keary?! The bloke Rusty Crowe drove out of Souths cause he wouldn't take his shit at a pre-season camp in 2016?! ROFLMAO :p

Yeah fair point, I didn't mention Cronk as well because he was leaving anyway. You can add Crichton instead. You didn't comment on Teddy though. :p

But as I said, all fair play, just spare me the Tears about everyone being interested in Mitchell. (Which admitted their has been few because we all know he is not leaving the Roosters until he is past his best, then he will go to Newcastle.);)

Latest posts