What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

GAZF

First Grade
The thing I find funny is they said the new one was introduced to be recognisable on social media.

And I bought it, I agreed a simple, iconic shield could be great on digital platforms.

But NRL twitter uses the NRL logo rather than the TP logo!
It is the NRL account after all. Don't they cover other comps in theory?

Jankuloski

Juniors
Considering that at least half of people on here think the new logo is ok, I think it’s a raging success.

People on here can’t agree on color of sh** so this one’s a rare winner imo.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
No they don't, the NRL is the premier men's competition, the ARLC is responsible for everything else in theory.
Not quite. The NRL Twitter account also tweets about Origin and Test matches so I can understand why they keep it the way it is.

Timmah

Staff member
Yes but "in theory" they are not responsible for those matches?
As I understand the NRL are responsible for Origin, absolutely. Fairly sure it's the same with Kangaroos matches (individual tests outside WC or overseas tours)

yakstorm

First Grade
NRL is definitely responsible for more than just the Telstra Premiership. State of Origin, Pacific Tests, All Stars, NRLW Premiership, Women's National Championship are just some of the events under their remit.

Anyway as for the NRL logo changes, what I felt was poor was that they part did some entities and not others... You have the NRLW and NRL Corporate logo which is a simplified version of the old shield, Origin & Roos which are untouched and then Telstra Premiership, All Stars and Pacific Test which is the new shield type.

It just feels like a really ad-hoc way of doing this. If they want the Premiership to be unique, that's fine, but don't reuse the concept elsewhere.

If they want the Premiership to be the new 'base' for the logo, then update the respective logos and make the corporate logo align with the new direction.

Timmah

Staff member
NRL is definitely responsible for more than just the Telstra Premiership. State of Origin, Pacific Tests, All Stars, NRLW Premiership, Women's National Championship are just some of the events under their remit.

Anyway as for the NRL logo changes, what I felt was poor was that they part did some entities and not others... You have the NRLW and NRL Corporate logo which is a simplified version of the old shield, Origin & Roos which are untouched and then Telstra Premiership, All Stars and Pacific Test which is the new shield type.

It just feels like a really ad-hoc way of doing this. If they want the Premiership to be unique, that's fine, but don't reuse the concept elsewhere.

If they want the Premiership to be the new 'base' for the logo, then update the respective logos and make the corporate logo align with the new direction.
I'm happy with them leaving the NRLW logo as is - it's almost a halfway between the old and new, but agree Origin, Roos should both have shifted to the new design. I presume that will update in the off-season coming and be new for 2020.

greenBV4

Bench
I'm happy with them leaving the NRLW logo as is - it's almost a halfway between the old and new, but agree Origin, Roos should both have shifted to the new design. I presume that will update in the off-season coming and be new for 2020

A simple shield (in the new style) with the roo in the middle instead of the double chevron would be pretty sleek and nice actually

That on one side and the COA on the other

NSW & QLD should be the same, they are representative teams so shouldn't need a competition logo on the jersey. Stylised team logo in the new style on one side and the state COA on the other

gzerounian

Juniors
Is anyone else totally fed up with the official font of the jersey numbers that clubs are forced to use. It has some to the point where I can't watch a game anymore without being distracted by them thinking how bad they look. And is it just an optical illusion or are Penrith's numbers bigger than the other clubs?

sempmrh

Juniors
Is anyone else totally fed up with the official font of the jersey numbers that clubs are forced to use. It has some to the point where I can't watch a game anymore without being distracted by them thinking how bad they look. And is it just an optical illusion or are Penrith's numbers bigger than the other clubs?
Number size seems to vary from club to club. Some clubs' numbers look a little squished.

I'm all for a uniform number font but I'm not a fan of the one the NRL is using. Something simpler and with little to no serifs would be much better - cleaner and easier to read.

I've worked it out. Printed numbers are smaller. When a jersey has been replaced or they use the iron on numbers they're larger.