What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Gronk

Staff member
I was literally going to post the same thing...

Her you go.

maxresdefault.jpg

hindy111

Post Whore
I hear plenty of Wanderers fans telling me the only reason Eels got a new stadium was cause of them. It is quite annoying. A league is a failure. It has dropped the level of our international team and the quality is about Divsion 2 in UK.And thst is being nice.

So in the UK alone Epl, Championship, Division 1 are superior. I love soccer but A league is just a poor product. And crowds are dropping across most teams. People like to puff chest about how good it is. Maybe I am out of touch but if anything the standards dropped. About 7yrs ago when Brisbane where dynamic the A league I thought would take off. It has not.

Kornstar

Coach
John can have whatever opinion he likes, but he does know that The Eels opened and closed the stadium right?

Delboy

First Grade
I hear plenty of Wanderers fans telling me the only reason Eels got a new stadium was cause of them. It is quite annoying. A league is a failure. It has dropped the level of our international team and the quality is about Divsion 2 in UK.And thst is being nice.

So in the UK alone Epl, Championship, Division 1 are superior. I love soccer but A league is just a poor product. And crowds are dropping across most teams. People like to puff chest about how good it is. Maybe I am out of touch but if anything the standards dropped. About 7yrs ago when Brisbane where dynamic the A league I thought would take off. It has not.
If Suity reads this , he will try and get you banned. So inconsiderate , still don't know why there is so many references from Suity to the West Sydney Wombats on a league forum .

This is a bit tongue in cheek Suity, so don't get too aerated

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
If Suity reads this , he will try and get you banned. So inconsiderate , still don't know why there is so many references from Suity to the West Sydney Wombats on a league forum .

This is a bit tongue in cheek Suity, so don't get too aerated
No offence, but that was far too pissweak to get anyone aerated.

One of the great arguments that . I hear it from Wanderers fans all the time too.
The Stadium was built to host sport across Western Sydney , with rugby league being at the forefront . The Wanderers were the co major tenant whose name the government used in the approval process .
The fact rugby yawnion played a game there before them is embarsssing. Hopefully these Wanderers guys are still around in 10 years to paid park at our leagues club and sink a few of their hard earned into our club before games . We become more profitable and they use the ground in a season we don’t . Let them think whatever the hell they want!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
One of the great arguments that . I hear it from Wanderers fans all the time too.
The Stadium was built to host sport across Western Sydney , with rugby league being at the forefront . The Wanderers were the co major tenant whose name the government used in the approval process .
The fact rugby yawnion played a game there before them is embarsssing. Hopefully these Wanderers guys are still around in 10 years to paid park at our leagues club and sink a few of their hard earned into our club before games . We become more profitable and they use the ground in a season we don’t . Let them think whatever the hell they want!
Why do merkins keep trying to make it a competition? Both clubs can happily coexist.

You are no better than that f**kwit, Kosmina.

Gronk

Staff member
Why do merkins keep trying to make it a competition? Both clubs can happily coexist.

No idea. SFS / Allianz was never considered to be Waratahs / Roosters / SFC own ground.

We want WSW to get 25,000+ every match because it will be great for the city and that momentum and confidence rubs off.

Thats whats sports about gutful. Competition. Competition extends to rival codes and stamping your turf. Doesn't mean there's bitterness and you can't co-exist. Like I said, let anyone think what they want. Including you big fella.

Bazal

Post Whore

It's a weird trait that I notice heavily amongst RL fans in particular tbh.

Obviously it's not just RL fans (see Costume Maker or whoever that soccer merkin is), but I certainly seem to see it more amongst them.

That said there seems to be a definite insularity amongst Aussie sports fans in general. I find soccer boring as batshit, same with AFL. So I don't watch or have much to do with them. For some reason there is a huge percentage of Aussie sports fans who can't seem to deal with that idea. You only have to look at the screeching aimed at AFL or RU any time it's mentioned on these forums...

Suitman

Post Whore
You only have to look at the screeching aimed at AFL or RU any time it's mentioned on these forums...

And football.

And, not aimed at you, but whatever Kosmina said should have been ignored. Kosmina was trolling. And what a surprise, he got what he was after. A reaction.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Thats whats sports about gutful. Competition. Competition extends to rival codes and stamping your turf. Doesn't mean there's bitterness and you can't co-exist. Like I said, let anyone think what they want. Including you big fella.
If there’s no bitterness between the two codes and they can happily co-exist, how exactly are they competing?

If there’s no bitterness between the two codes and they can happily co-exist, how exactly are they competing?
Do you have to be bitter to compete?
There's competition for among other things attention, attendance... I bet the Eels found it great they got 20k more than the Waratahs. Doesn't mean theyre not co-existing. Kosmina was more engaging in banter. The stadium wouldn't have been built without the existence of the Wanderers, and that is something for them to hang their hats on. It sure as hell wouldn't have been built without the Eels though. I don't think any group is really mad while engaging in the friendly competition. There's no scores being kept. At the end of the day its no big deal at all.

Having said that, due to the proximity to the stadium and the increased traffic in the spot, Parra Leagues are in the unique position of being able to take advantage. Lets hope they do.