What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
500k my f**kin arse

He was one of our best in 2017 when we made the top 4 .... and he has been one of our best this year .... thats a plenty big sample size

700k is not huge .... and it includes the fact he is our captain

People wanna pay moses heaps more .... moses is a f**kin deer in the headlights when shit goes bad - at least gutho keeps trying to inspire merkins when the chips are down
Moses has rarer skills, particularly his kicking game. That pushes his price up.

Delboy

First Grade
Gutho suggested the club said he was greedy, from what I have seen and read they have never commented and all the innuendo comes from the Pelicans like K*nt and Crawley who were fed by fat Sam. He trains hard , runs a lot and has a great profile for the club but to be honest is not elite.

How to ruin it by not keeping your manager in check and making unsubstantiated claims, all he needed to do as wait and see what happened to BA and everyone would have understood. He now looks like a spoilt snowflake to the majority of supporters, he has turned a supporter base that idolised him into something else, not easy to do in such a short period of time.

emjaycee

Coach
The fourth year also comes with an opportunity cost of potentially more than he signs for.

You mean he could LOCK himself in at Manly for $3M over the next 4 years or he could take $1.95M from us for 3 years and sign a contract with us for 2023 of say $900k (based on salary cap increases), effectively making the difference only $150k over four years, which as the captain of our club he will potentially get with legit TPA's as the CBD of Parramatta grows and more corporates are attracted to the club with the best stadium and corporate facilities in Sydney?

Wouldn't that mean Sam would earn less and have to work more though?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Although not confirmed my mail is that Davies has possibly been signed into the top 30. Although listed as a half, he can cover a number of positions and is a goal kicker so good to have some additional coverage for Moses and Drown/Salmon.

I thought McIllwrick was our #30 player?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
500k my f**kin arse

He was one of our best in 2017 when we made the top 4 .... and he has been one of our best this year .... thats a plenty big sample size

700k is not huge .... and it includes the fact he is our captain

People wanna pay moses heaps more .... moses is a f**kin deer in the headlights when shit goes bad - at least gutho keeps trying to inspire merkins when the chips are down

He was also pretty good in 2016 once he moved from the wing.

emjaycee

Coach
I thought McIllwrick was our #30 player?
Yeah, like I said it is only a possibility that Davies is top 30 (no confirmation).
Based on the website pics, we have 34 players shown and I am assuming Salesi, Dunster and Parry are all on development contracts and that we have been given an exemption for Kaysa... unless Stefano is also on a development contract.

surfer1

Juniors
When a player uses the media to up the ante its time to go. I love what Gutho does but making it a circus shows direspect to his teammates. No player is bigger than the team.

If he goes so be it. If he stays onya. I worry about team morale and if we will get smashed by the Dragons

Gazzamatta

Coach
Ive negotiated many an Ambit Claim. Its a process. Parras sins of the past have created unrealistic expectations.
Mennings 800k x 4 years.
Foran 1.2 million per year.
Watmough 800k x 4 years.
Norman reported to be on 900k this year before moving on.
Moses already offered more than Gutho to re sign.
Gutho believes he is worth more which is being fed by his manager.
Having just watched his interview he looks pretty snakey. Not a good look.

Bazal

Post Whore
I wonder who would win a Grand Final of fans who turn on their own the quickest?

Top three feels like it's probably Parramatta, St George and the Tigers?

emjaycee

Coach
Ive negotiated many an Ambit Claim. Its a process. Parras sins of the past have created unrealistic expectations.
Mennings 800k x 4 years.
Foran 1.2 million per year.
Watmough 800k x 4 years.
Norman reported to be on 900k this year before moving on.
Moses already offered more than Gutho to re sign.
Gutho believes he is worth more which is being fed by his manager.
Having just watched his interview he looks pretty snakey. Not a good look.
I don't necessarily agree with your final statement (nor do I strongly disagree with it) :D
But yes, I do agree that past contract negotiations/amounts have helped get us where we are today with what is definitely a blue-sky demand from Ayoub.

Personally I think it is great to see O'Neill, Gurr and McElduff putting a line in the sand and saying

giphy.gif

Gazzamatta

Coach
I don't necessarily agree with your final statement (nor do I strongly disagree with it) :D
But yes, I do agree that past contract negotiations/amounts have helped get us where we are today with what is definitely a blue-sky demand from Ayoub.

Personally I think it is great to see O'Neill, Gurr and McElduff putting a line in the sand and saying

giphy.gif
You dont think Gutho looked snakey? Hes not hearing what he wants to hear and isnt happy. Thats my impression.

Gazzamatta

Coach

giphy.gif
Just watched it again. You are probably right with regard to his contract. He gets snakey when the discussion moved to BA.

84 Baby

Referee
I say we turn the tables and leak that we’re in negotiations with another rep quality fullback who goes by the name Isfael Rolau

Latest posts