What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones VIII

greenBV4

Bench
turns out Jon wasn't fully useless after all and actually did help kill the Night King, kinda

Just stumbled across this:

"Jon screamed at the undead dragon to distract it so Arya can run past and kill the Night King. The undead dragon was protecting the entrance to the Godswood.

Watch it again, you can actually hear him scream ‘GOOOOO – GO – GO.’ 10 seconds later the scene you can see the hair of a White Walker flying up when Arya sprints past the group of White Walkers.

Jon once again was ready to sacrifice himself to kill the Night King."

Full Article:
https://www.unilad.co.uk/film-and-t...t-just-screaming-at-a-dragon/?source=facebook

Game_Breaker

Coach
turns out Jon wasn't fully useless after all and actually did help kill the Night King, kinda

"Jon screamed at the undead dragon to distract it so Arya can run past and kill the Night King. The undead dragon was protecting the entrance to the Godswood.

Watch it again, you can actually hear him scream ‘GOOOOO – GO – GO.’ 10 seconds later the scene you can see the hair of a White Walker flying up when Arya sprints past the group of White Walkers.

Full Article:
https://www.unilad.co.uk/film-and-t...t-just-screaming-at-a-dragon/?source=facebook

Oh wow
Yes, you don’t notice it as first because you think he’s just screaming

Now we know the reason he was brought back to life

Last edited:

Full Article:
Thanks for that
Another thing I missed. That list is long.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I get your point of view I just disagree with it

I didn’t think it was an obvious trap

I think he walked into it because he underestimated the living. I mean he saw Jon and aunt as the only real threats, he’d f**ked them up where they couldn’t harm him, he was surrounded by whites, he just didn’t account for Arya

Certainly the execution shocked the shit out of me
Yep and even the Night King had a weakness - in this case his obvious desire to kill Bran to end all knowledge of human history.

I believe he was blinded by this passionate desire, and you could sense that he was enjoying the moment when he confronted Bran and was about to slay him.

He essentially let his guard down for a fleeting moment and gave Arya a chance.

Every enemy needs a weakness. Even the Night King. If they're unbeatable then, well, what's the point.

BennyV

Referee
Oh wow
Yes, you don’t notice it as first because you think he’s just screaming

Now we know the reason he was brought back to life
I like it. Every person that the Lord of Light brought back was there at that time purely to pave the way for Arya to kill the NK.

I wonder if there’s a connection between the Lord of Light and the Many-Faced God, of whom Arya was a disciple.

greenBV4

Bench
I wonder if there’s a connection between the Lord of Light and the Many-Faced God, of whom Arya was a disciple.
I could be wrong because its been awhile but im pretty sure in the books the lord of light is one of the "faces" of the many faced god

Timbo

Staff member
I am warming to the idea that Tyrion and Varys are plotting to end the game of thrones all together and transition Westeros to some sort of constitutional monarchy/republic. There's a bit of sense behind the theory and I'm convinced there is still a big twist to come.

avocado

Juniors
I am warming to the idea that Tyrion and Varys are plotting to end the game of thrones all together and transition Westeros to some sort of constitutional monarchy/republic. There's a bit of sense behind the theory and I'm convinced there is still a big twist to come.
Like de-amalgamate all the shires? The ratepayers will have to foot the bill.

Timbo

Staff member
Like de-amalgamate all the shires? The ratepayers will have to foot the bill.

Initially yes, but once you stop having to pay rates to the centralized council at Kings Landing I think you'll find your power and water will go down, in addition to your bin collections becoming more regular.

avocado

Juniors
Never seen a wheelie bin at KL.
The mad king had them, also recycling.
Lannisters are tight af

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Can someone please Photoshop /edit the scene and make captain Marvel kill the nk and send it out to the world while I make popcorn

adamkungl

Immortal
Clues that maybe there is more to this whole thing:

Exhibit A) All the already established foreshadowing, prophecy, clues, themes, that have been bitched about for being tossed aside. Entirely possible that I and others have gone off totally half-cocked and they have not in fact been tossed aside.

B) Meera Reed “You died in that cave,” and Summer, dead while Bran seemingly lives. Direwolves have so far mirrored their owners fates.

C) This small scene at the very end:
Bran's expression, the haunting music.
The way he calmly, almost arrogantly, faced the Night King.
His total indifference to humanity.
He reminds people that he is no longer Brandon Stark

I'm probably reaching for something that doesnt exist.

soc123_au

Staff member
B) Meera Reed “You died in that cave,” and Summer, dead while Bran seemingly lives. Direwolves have so far mirrored their owners fates.
Sansa & Lady not so much. Lady's death was the end of the road for the fairytale, but Sansa is still kicking on.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Bran's weird look at the NK was foreshadowing his demise
He was looking right at his chest, the spot where Arya stabs him. Bran knew exactly what was about to go down

DlEHARD

Juniors
Yea unfortunately neither of these sock puppets really speak.

I'm very, very disappointed with this episode.

Latest posts