What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coaches have no impact during game day

gerg

Juniors
It is all consistent to the point I am making, which is coaches add no value, which they have just admited themselves. I am also offering some practical solutions like make them sit on the side line and carry on like pork chops so they get the crowd involved a bit.

I'm confused. How does a captain/coach sit on the sideline?

T-Boon

Coach
I'm confused. How does a captain/coach sit on the sideline?

Are you thick?
These are alternatives.
Obviously if a guy is a captain coach and therefore playing then he is heavily involved and impactful on the game. Point is, he is not sitting in a box hidden away from the crowd.

What is the least coaches, who by their own admission have no impact during a game, could do on game day? Sit on the side lines so the fans at the ground can see them.

T-Boon

Coach
One thing the NRL should do is ban the trainers on the field.
If there is a message the coach needs to get out there stand on the side line and yell it like they do in soccer.

How many sports allow randoms to just walk out on the field? Stupid.

gerg

Juniors
Are you thick?
These are alternatives.
Obviously if a guy is a captain coach and therefore playing then he is heavily involved and impactful on the game. Point is, he is not sitting in a box hidden away from the crowd.

What is the least coaches, who by their own admission have no impact during a game, could do on game day? Sit on the side lines so the fans at the ground can see them.

You're an ideas man. They're all shit ideas but keep them coming. One day my friend, one day.

Shark62

Juniors
Here’s an idea. Coaches only allowed to influence games for 4 ten minute periods every game and only on 6 players at any time. Specific time periods and players to be nominated and announced before kick off.

T-Boon

Coach
I love how coaches being on the side lines is considered a radical new idea. You should check out my Cave work.

T-Boon

Coach
If players went on strike for a year - game would be screwed.
If refs went on strike for a year - game would be screwed.
If coaches went on strike for a year - game would be great again.

Shark62

Juniors
If players went on strike for a year - game would be screwed.
If refs went on strike for a year - game would be screwed.
If coaches went on strike for a year - game would be great again.
Here’s some feedback!
Every new idea you have is as good as every other idea you’ve had.

VictoryFC

Bench
How is this a surprise to anyone?

Coaches make their money during the week when preparation is taking place. On day of the game, their impact is limited. You can make a few tactical changes here and there and try to motivate at half time, but that's about it.

After all, there is a very good reason why teams with the best players win more often than not.

Showtime

Juniors
Here’s an idea. Coaches only allowed to influence games for 4 ten minute periods every game and only on 6 players at any time. Specific time periods and players to be nominated and announced before kick off.

To increase their influence on a game, a coach should be able to inject himself into the game as a player for a 10 minute period like a power play. It would be the first time since the 90’s that Canberra had a decent half.