What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ratings

Noob Pies head on big footy will explode when he reads that.
He will probably accuse you of being a Rugby League troll like he does with everybody if they post figures like that.
Just for laughs can you post them on big footy and see what he's reaction is.
He will be like a moth to the light LOL

mongoose

Coach
do those numbers include kayo, or is it just foxtelnow?

problem is there are now several different streaming platforms - 9now, kayo, foxtelnow and telstra live pass

DC_fan

Coach
not necessarily i don't think. there is a core of NRL fans, and this is apparent in every sport, that watch most or all games each week. that proportion varies from sport to sport and in some it is simply impossible to watch all games live e.g NFL or NBA.

then there are fans that simply watch their clubs, and big games. i think if you look at origin numbers 3.5-4m per game and weekly NRL totals they are within yelling distance of each other.

An interesting survey would to be ask everyone who watched state of origin if they watched NRL games, and how many they watched.

The_Wookie

Bench
NRL ON NINE - MACCA’S THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTY

ROUND 8 – RABBITOHS vs BRONCOS

1.844 million people tuned into Nine’s Round 8 Macca’s Thursday Night Footy coverage, LIVE on Nine and 9Gem. (National cume reach)

National peak audience: 1.245 million
  • Nine national peak audience: 926,000 (5 City: 554,000 / Regional: 372,000)
  • Fox League national peak audience: 319,000
National average audience: 968,000
  • Nine national average audience: 710,000 (5 City: 445,000 / Regional: 265,000)
  • Fox League national average audience: 258,000

MACCA’S GOLDEN POINT

THURSDAY, MAY 2

Macca’s Golden Point achieved an average audience in NSW and QLD of 229,000 (Syd + Bris metro: 147,000 / NSW + QLD regional: 82,000)

Source: Oz Tam+ Regional Tam, Overnight Data, 1 min cume reach, Good Friday Footy and Macca’s Thursday Night Footy, includes pre match, 2nd May 2019, 5 City Metro + Combined Agg Markets, Nine Network + Nine Network Content Affiliates.

Source: Macca’s Golden Point data based on Oztam (Metro + Regional).

The_Wookie

Bench
NRL ON NINE – VB FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTY

ROUND 8 – SHARKS vs STORM

·1.599 million people tuned into Nine’s Round 8 VB Friday Night Footy coverage, LIVE on Nine and 9Gem. (National cume reach)
  • 1.599 million cume reach represents a 12% increase in reach on Nine compared to Round 8 Friday Night Footy year-on-year
National peak audience: 1.111 million

• Nine national peak audience: 767,000 (5 City: 454,000 / Regional: 313,000)
  • Fox League national peak audience: 344,000
  • 454,000 5 City Metro peak represents a 5% increase in audience on Nine compared to Round 8 Friday Night Footy year-on-year

·National average audience: 859,000

• Nine national average audience: 591,000 (5 City: 375,000 / Regional: 216,000)
  • Fox League national average audience: 268,000
  • 375,000 5 City Metro average represents a 9% increase in audience on Nine compared to Round 8 Friday Night Footy year-on-year

FRIDAY NIGHT KNOCK OFF

FRIDAY, MAY 3

Friday Night Knock Off achieved an average audience in NSW and QLD of 199,000 (Syd + Bris metro: 137,000 / NSW + QLD regional: 62,000)

Source: Oz Tam+ Regional Tam, Overnight Data, 1 min cume reach, Friday Night Footy, includes pre match, 3rd May 2019, 5 City Metro + Combined Agg Markets, Nine Network + Nine Network Content Affiliates.
Source: Friday Night Knock Off data based on Oztam (Metro + Regional).

Shark62

Juniors

·1.599 million people tuned into Nine’s Round 8 VB Friday Night Footy coverage, LIVE on Nine and 9Gem. (National cume reach)
  • 1.599 million cume reach represents a 12% increase in reach on Nine compared to Round 8 Friday Night Footy year-on-year

• 454,000 5 City Metro peak represents a 5% increase in audience on Nine compared to Round 8 Friday Night Footy year-on-year

• 375,000 5 City Metro average represents a 9% increase in audience on Nine compared to Round 8 Friday Night Footy year-on-year

FRIDAY NIGHT KNOCK OFF

FRIDAY, MAY 3

Friday Night Knock Off achieved an average audience in NSW and QLD of 199,000 (Syd + Bris metro: 137,000 / NSW + QLD regional: 62,000)

Source: Oz Tam+ Regional Tam, Overnight Data, 1 min cume reach, Friday Night Footy, includes pre match, 3rd May 2019, 5 City Metro + Combined Agg Markets, Nine Network + Nine Network Content Affiliates.
Thanks Wook!

FRIDAY NIGHT KNOCK OFF

FRIDAY, MAY 3

Repeating myself i know but Noob Pie and Our Game on the big footy forums are not going to like this. There is something about them pair of clowns that even big footy posters find detestable.

taipan

Referee

Shark62

Juniors
Saturday night ratings are rarely numbers, to get excited about.
Giants ratings hopeless, and Swan's TV ratings at the rear end of the comp table, already ordinary will go into a tailspin.
Overall the NRL Tv ratings are up on last year, which is a plus.
NRL generally gets over 700000 for three games on Saturday so that was poor. Weird weekend with poor crowds and ratings. Last 2 weekends have been excellent for both.

taipan

Referee
NRL generally gets over 700000 for three games on Saturday so that was poor. Weird weekend with poor crowds and ratings. Last 2 weekends have been excellent for both.

Depends on the lineups of the teams involved.One weekend does not a summer make.Saturday involved suburban or country stadiums and a crappy for RL SCG.Throw in sh*t weather for Sydney .More than one factor.

Shark62

Juniors
Depends on the lineups of the teams involved.One weekend does not a summer make.Saturday involved suburban or country stadiums and a crappy for RL SCG.Throw in sh*t weather for Sydney .More than one factor.
Reads like a list of excuses. They were great match ups yesterday.

taipan

Referee
Reads like a list of excuses. They were great match ups yesterday.

Canberra v Penrith not quite.Manly v Dogs not quite.The one with any real match up was Roosters v Tigers,and they played it at the SCG ,where even the Roosters admin hates having to be a tenant there.
I guess you don't live in the Shire .I guess you attended the SCG on a Saturday night in an oval ground
I guess you experienced the weather yesterday.You attended Brookvale little cover in crappy weather with little cover.
No WSS stadiums with cover.
Yes the crowds were ordinary ,but people either attend or don't for various reasons especially on a wet or overcast Saturday afternoon/night.I actually attend or don't attend games depending on weather or scheduling.That's the harsh reality of living in Sydney.

Shark62

Juniors
Canberra v Penrith not quite.Manly v Dogs not quite.The one with any real match up was Roosters v Tigers,and they played it at the SCG ,where even the Roosters admin hates having to be a tenant there.
I guess you don't live in the Shire .I guess you attended the SCG on a Saturday night in an oval ground
I guess you experienced the weather yesterday.You attended Brookvale little cover in crappy weather with little cover.
No WSS stadiums with cover.
Yes the crowds were ordinary ,but people either attend or don't for various reasons especially on a wet or overcast Saturday afternoon/night.I actually attend or don't attend games depending on weather or scheduling.That's the harsh reality of living in Sydney.
No need to bite. The crowds were disappointing. That’s a fact. So were the ratings. I’m sure magic weekend will be a good revival for both.

Latest posts