What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs Eels

jeffdragon

Bench
Bullshit. Never seen a game decided by the refs like this one. Frizzell lost the ball backwards by 5m. Knock on. Parra scored. Penalty from the kick of ffs. Vossy then says Mosses takes the penalty after the 50m line. Mcinnes play the ball. Happens every 2nd play the ball. Parra are just not allowed to loose at this new stadium.
That's what I said.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Who picks the team?
Haha.

Yep, Parras first two tries: Soft as all hell. Mary must have drilled that in this week you dope. PLAYERS clocked off... THE PLAYERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR STUPID PLAYS LIKE THAT. If they don't the same plays week in week out then its not drilled in. All teams make stupid plays. Ours did today and it got Parra back in the game.

Who picks the friggin' team and is in overall charge of attacking set plays/general attack and defensive structure/general defence(ie clocking off). Mary couldn't even spell the word motivation, let alone teaching it to HIS team.

ozbuck

Juniors
Bullshit. Never seen a game decided by the refs like this one. Frizzell lost the ball backwards by 5m. Knock on. Parra scored. Penalty from the kick of ffs. Vossy then says Mosses takes the penalty after the 50m line. Mcinnes play the ball. Happens every 2nd play the ball. Parra are just not allowed to loose at this new stadium.

Haha... "THE REFS!!!!"

Some Saints supporters are the biggest cry babies.

OUR SOFT DEFENCE let the parra back in and gave them the momentum they needed.

14-0. No one could care about the referees.

We let them score from dummy half...TWICE.

Game on. Game over.

jeffdragon

Bench
Who let those two soft tries in? Mary?

Answer me that.

14-0, Parra were looking shot. What happened next? Mary opened the game for them with soft defence?...or was it soft defence from the players?
What were you thinking after 36mins at 14-0?

Two soft errors by the players and its game on.

Big injuries and our players out on their feet.

The PLAYERS lossed it. injuries didnt help.

Its going to be hard if norman is injured for an extended period.

We had 3 exceptional playmakers. 2 of them are now gone.

Obviously Marys fault. Everyone needs someone to blame.
They all say after you score first set of six get through it and kick,didn't we took the crowd out of it.
But soon as they scored.
Gutho try I seen dufty in line no fb for 3 tackles.
At ht was still confident.

Last edited:

Mickthedragon

Juniors
It looked like he gave him little push in the back to me. If he did, sin bin for sure
Not so sure about that, looked like a bit of a boot clip by accident and Moses tripped over with plenty of dramatisation. Game was done by then anyhow. The refs were poor but in a brand new stadium, with all that support, they were bound to get all the calls. We had to be better than that, especially defensively.
Saints were very poor and very lazy at times in defence.

Spazer

Juniors
I'm failing to see why you guys always throw the blame to Mary every loss. It's like you dont watch the game and just assume Mary tells the players to make mistakes.

Frizz dropping an easy ball when we had momentum.
Mcinnes giving away dumb penalties and was the one who let in the first soft Parra try.
Lomax was not good, dropped a couple balls and didn't pass to an unmarked Ravalawa and tried to go himself. But only Aitken can be criticised for that I suppose; cost us a try.

No team would want to verse Parra at their fresh new stadium at this point in the year, they obviously play their best footy there.

SET2JT

Juniors
Haha... "THE REFS!!!!"

Game on. Game over.
soft defnce.... K Sims and D belin also Frizzell gone at that time when the trys from dummy half were scored. Do you think we are the Roosters to cover our loss of players?

ozbuck

Juniors
Not so sure about that, looked like a bit of a boot clip by accident and Moses tripped over with plenty of dramatisation. Game was done by then anyhow. The refs were poor but in a brand new stadium, with all that support, they were bound to get all the calls. We had to be better than that, especially defensively.
Saints were very poor and very lazy at times in defence.

I havent looked at it again so i might be wrong...but it looked like he put a hand on his back. The parra player may have milked it from there. If thats the case, penalty is expected.

I didn't see too much wrong with the refs today. Of course, some tough 50/50s against us. The kickoff penalty was a surprise...i think he was a metre in front...that happens ALL the time though.

Anyway, THE PLAYERS lossed it. Soft.

sa1nt5

Juniors
What were you thinking after 36mins at 14-0?

Two soft errors by the players and its game on.

Big injuries and our players out on their feet.

The PLAYERS lossed it. injuries didnt help.

Its going to be hard if norman is injured for an extended period.

We had 3 exceptional playmakers. 2 of them are now gone.

Obviously Marys fault. Everyone needs someone to blame.
Do you see our players as less than the Rooster or Storm players I don’t
I see them as superior in skill the difference is the Coach our Team never seem to have a game plan we are not known for any sort of structure Our players don’t play off each other’s strengths and we don’t utilise our strengths and skill set and all that is the fault of the coaching staff not the players if we had a tactical coach like Hasler or Browny we would probably be defending premiers and on top today. Sack McGregor and offer the job to Kevin Walters or even Toovey, Barrett or Anthony Griffin because he had the panthers purring last year like McGregor never could and their roster was not as impressive as our own

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Unbelievable 47 mins of football....at 14 nil I thought the boys are really up for this game and were playing out of their skins...and then we fell into that dark hole thats becoming oh so familiar ..poor discipline, gaping holes in defence...half arsed attempts at tackling by some.....dubious refereeing decisions and obviously some poor direction at half time by McGrexit......
FMD how can a team play so well for the majority of the first half then capitulate like we did.....we made Gutherson and co look like workd beaters,....not for a long time have I seen so much space given to an opposition team in attack...sure Klein didnt help our cause but that happens to teams every week....what really pisses me off is week in week out when the wheels start to fall off we have no plan B.and the sad part is we have another 2 1/2 of this bloke at the helm......disappointed in todays result is an under statement

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
Not much went our way.
Next week is a new challenge against Warriors at Suncorp, I'm tipping they'll turn up to play on that stage.
Field at 6? Surely its his turn now.
Tough times ahead, we just need to stay within range of the 8 and make a late run once we get our regular players back.

ozbuck

Juniors
I'm failing to see why you guys always throw the blame to Mary every loss. It's like you dont watch the game and just assume Mary tells the players to make mistakes.

Frizz dropping an easy ball when we had momentum.
Mcinnes giving away dumb penalties and was the one who let in the first soft Parra try.
Lomax was not good, dropped a couple balls and didn't pass to an unmarked Ravalawa and tried to go himself. But only Aitken can be criticised for that I suppose; cost us a try.

No team would want to verse Parra at their fresh new stadium at this point in the year, they obviously play their best footy there.

People love to simplify everything to one problem: "MARY".

Its stupid.

Honesty, 14-0 we were flying. We let them back in.

We looked sharp in that first 35mins. Parra did look to have much in attack,

Parra rely A LOT on momentum. We gave it to them.

hazzbeen

Bench
Haha... "THE REFS!!!!"

Game on. Game over.
This ......

utility dragon

Juniors
Who let those two soft tries in? Mary?

Answer me that.

14-0, Parra were looking shot. What happened next? Mary opened the game for them with soft defence?...or was it soft defence from the players?
I’ll tell you what happened, Ill discipline from players who are not made accountable and keep getting picked every week! That is 100% up to the coach.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Not much went our way.
Next week is a new challenge against Warriors at Suncorp, I'm tipping they'll turn up to play on that stage.
Field at 6? Surely its his turn now.
Tough times ahead, we just need to stay within range of the 8 and make a late run once we get our regular players back.

Yep, we need to stay in touch with the eight ................ so we can win one finals game, again.

Latest posts