What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

taipan

Referee
But that’s exactly the problem with suburban grounds. If the weather is perfect and it’s played during the day you can get a good crowd and the atmosphere is awesome. Throw in even a touch of bad weather and the crowds collapse. Due to the limited capacity the big crowds can’t really make up for the small ones either.

Not sure why the amount of away support keeps getting brought up. That’s the amount of away support that teams like Melbourne, Canberra and NZ get every game.

I have stated that is the case.Suburban grounds are a problem with inclement weather with no cover.
It was a tad more than a touch of bad weather, with the clouds and rain disappearing quickly.Try it with a family and no cover.
But suburban grounds in fine weather in a decent schedule usually packs the grounds or at least near 3/4 plus capacity.

Incorrect you get a lot more Canberra and Kiwi supporters, as they are generally much greater numbers in away games than Melbourne.Partly due to distance factor, partly due to Canberra being established a lot longer and having more fans in metro Sydney, and partly due to the fact there are quite a number of Kiwis throughout Sydney as there are in Melbourne.

taipan

Referee
Shark Park is bloody difficult to watch football rain hail or shine.

Yeah that's why they get decent crowds when it shines, and the atmosphere is terrific.I've sat on teh hill in the past, not ideal but not difficult to watch.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Watching game today and how enjoyable its been compared to some of the others this weekend I’m even more convinced the nrl should get proactive and try and get as many Sydney v Sydney games at bankwest as possible. Offer the Sunday slot next season to any club taking their games v other Sydney teams there, offer marketing support and offer a subsidy to allow opposition club members in. Let’s get the max benefit of this great stadium for the game.

No point in getting all that money from tv by selling sht times for fans if we dont use some of that money to do something useful.

Shark62

Juniors
Watching game today and how enjoyable its been compared to some of the others this weekend I’m even more convinced the nrl should get proactive and try and get as many Sydney v Sydney games at bankwest as possible. Offer the Sunday slot next season to any club taking their games v other Sydney teams there, offer marketing support and offer a subsidy to allow opposition club members in. Let’s get the max benefit of this great stadium for the game.
Blake Ferguson’s backflip was brilliant and created a great response. Add that to the atmosphere and it was wonderful television. Makes you wish you were there.

Tallon Smith

Juniors

No point in getting all that money from tv by selling sht times for fans if we dont use some of that money to do something useful.

Let's see how long bankwest's big crowds last before we do too much.