What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Blood&Bandage

Juniors
D66,
You have written a very sensible post with many a true word.
We play with no direction.
We play one out.
We look flat.
There is no evidence the coach is even setting a plan.
There is no evidence the players are listening to him.

Let's not gloss over the real facts.
Without two seconds of luck from Norman, we are 0-4.
Can we keep copying this post every second post on all threads!!!

Blood&Bandage

Juniors
Before I go to my opinion....
Mary was great to watch as a player.
Mary seems to be a very genuine and likeable guy......but....in my opinion isn’t up to it as an NRL coach.
He lost me when I spent my hard earned and took my son to watch the broncos at Suncorp when he play JDB at half and had Hutchinson on the bench.
I was screaming from the crowd to mark up!!! It didn’t work or happen...The broncos scored three easy tries due to simple lack of marking up. Drew was an Australian school boys and U18’s NSW half back. He was the only player that should have been on the field in that position that game.
We need a coach.

RED73V

Juniors
Our masterminds in management have followed “Their due process apparently “ & appointed McGregor for the next 2 years before waiting on the outcome of this year . I would have been chasing Jason Demitreiou . After his tuition under Wayne Bennett & his record & being a dragons junior I think he he has a better record to date then mastermind.

I'm one of his biggest detractors but it was bone headed plays and lack of sustained pressure that lost this.Mind you if he rewards this by continually picking the culprits ( today being the captain, Rav, host ,lomax and Dufty ) than thats another matter.
But it's the same players making the same dumb plays all the time.
Why doesn't McGregor drop them?

Gareth67

First Grade
Our masterminds in management have followed “Their due process apparently “ & appointed McGregor for the next 2 years before waiting on the outcome of this year . I would have been chasing Jason Demitreiou . After his tuition under Wayne Bennett & his record & being a dragons junior I think he he has a better record to date then mastermind.

Agree 100% Red73V , but does anyone here really believe that Demitreiou would ever consider returning to the Dragons knowing the inadequacies of the Joint Venture board and its associated lineage of coaches ?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I'm one of his biggest detractors but it was bone headed plays and lack of sustained pressure that lost this.Mind you if he rewards this by continually picking the culprits ( today being the captain, Rav, host ,lomax and Dufty ) than thats another matter.

That’s unreasonably harsh on Dufty and Lomax, both of whom I thought played okay.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

No...just no.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Only two and a half more years before the prospect of McGregor moved on becomes reality.

Woe.

The times we find ourselves in right now are far worse than the dark 1986-‘91 period, and whatever happened during Steve Price’s aborted tenure.

Latest posts