What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Warriors

Crush

Coach
Jai Field will no doubt start at 6 as he should. He's waited for his opportunity and should now get it.
I do not expect it to go well though.
I hope he proves me wrong but I just don't see him having any impact in NRL.
Get ready for a long month of footy.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Jai Field will no doubt start at 6 as he should. He's waited for his opportunity and should now get it.
if our forwards aim up next week expect to see Field, having a field day

Redhoopz

Juniors

Agreed. I think Field can provide a bit of an X factor to. I wouldn't be dropping Lomax either.

Mark D

Juniors
Great we’re on a new thread and can get past the Parra game...

Only changes needed is:

Kerr on the bench should Tyson not be fit

Field in for Norman

If JDB cleared which I doubt will happen in time then he comes straight back in..

And hopefully the players do look in that big mirror they have at home , take ownership, unite and smack the warriors in no uncertain terms

gitano

Juniors
Lomax to CC otherwise ok.
I actually am really looking forward to seeing Field at 6. Great to get a few games with this combination.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Lomax to CC otherwise ok.
I actually am really looking forward to seeing Field at 6. Great to get a few games with this combination.
Here's my question. I understand you're pro Aitken, sure power to you. But what justification could there be for dropping Lomax after a single game starting at centre? Aitken has been given tens of chances after average performances or lapses in defence, but Lomax deserves just one chance? I don't understand it.

And don't give me the "elite footy" crap mate. Even if it was relevant, plenty who have played elite footy would know Lomax is a better prospect

gitano

Juniors
Here's my question. I understand you're pro Aitken, sure power to you. But what justification could there be for dropping Lomax after a single game starting at centre? Aitken has been given tens of chances after average performances or lapses in defence, but Lomax deserves just one chance? I don't understand it.

And don't give me the "elite footy" crap mate. Even if it was relevant, plenty who have played elite footy would know Lomax is a better prospect
I'm not in agreeance that he should have gotten a game.

FG is different. You're either a natural like Xerri and take to it immediately or you should have to grind away in reggies. Look at the physicality and build of those 2. Chalk and cheese. 1 is made for it, 1 isn't yet and may not be.

Lomax has got a name due to a step and flick pass. But when your step is unbelievably predictable and the flick pass hasn't looked like creating anything, you can see the hype isn't translating to NRL standard.

Or continue circle jerking about how he carved it up at a school carnival, either way.

j0nesy

Bench
I'm not in agreeance that he should have gotten a game.

FG is different. You're either a natural like Xerri and take to it immediately or you should have to grind away in reggies. Look at the physicality and build of those 2. Chalk and cheese. 1 is made for it, 1 isn't yet and may not be.

Lomax has got a name due to a step and flick pass. But when your step is unbelievably predictable and the flick pass hasn't looked like creating anything, you can see the hype isn't translating to NRL standard.

Or continue circle jerking about how he carved it up at a school carnival, either way.

People forget that Lomax played his first game against Brisbane in the semi. He took that opportunity and followed it up with another good performance against Souths. He didn’t have a good game against Parra yesterday but it wasn’t terrible. Lomax has the ability, size and strength and will only get bigger and stronger. He’s raw, yes and he will make mistakes (just like Xerri). Two good performances and one below average performance - surely he deserves a few more games to prove himself.

I don’t think you’re being objective at all about Lomax. I think you’ve become a bit too emotionally invested in this whole Lomax/Aitken forum saga, and you’re going a bit over the top with your anti-Lomax comments in order to prove a point. Which is ironic in a way because I suspect some of the over the top anti-Aitken comments are what frustrates you.

Last edited:

18to87

First Grade
People forget that Lomax played his first game against Brisbane in the semi. He took that opportunity and followed it up with another good performance against Souths. He didn’t have a good game against Parra yesterday but it wasn’t terrible. Lomax has the ability, size and strength and will only get bigger and stronger. He’s raw, yes and he will make mistakes (just like Xerri). Two good performances and one below average performance - surely he deserves a few more games to prove himself.

I don’t think you’re being objective at all about Lomax. I think you’ve become a bit too emotionally invested in this whole Lomax/Aitken forum saga, and you’re going a bit over the top with your anti-Lomax comments in order to prove a point. Which is ironic in a way because I suspect some of the over the top anti-Aitken comments are what frustrates you.
He played vs Newcastle as well, a win, when the team was struggling massively. During the struggling patch, Aitken was being targeted and suddenly Lomax came in and things improved.

j0nesy

Bench
He played vs Newcastle as well, a win, when the team was struggling massively. During the struggling patch, Aitken was being targeted and suddenly Lomax came in and things improved.
That’s right, I thought there was an extra game in there. So he’s had 3 good games and a bad game. Definitely deserves a bit more of a go.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
It has to be Field and Lomax at 3. We need 4 forwards on the bench mainly because we have De Belin, K Sims and Frizell all out. It seemed to me that Lawrie may be carring an injury as he was not up to his usual best in either half of the game yesterday.
seems like frizell might be ok by saturday lets hope so yes 4 forwards needed but the love child will be on the bench ....................mary , mary , mary cant help himself

Dragonslayer

First Grade
It has to be Field and Lomax at 3. We need 4 forwards on the bench mainly because we have De Belin, K Sims and Frizell all out. It seemed to me that Lawrie may be carring an injury as he was not up to his usual best in either half of the game yesterday.

Possm mate:
I dont know where you get the notion that Lawrie had a bad game, he was probably our second best forward out there yesterday behind Vaughan. In fact he and Vaughan were the only forwards to run for over 100m (Vaughan 144m, Lawrie 134m). Lawrie also made 39 tackles.
My biggest concern is Tariq Sims, he is either definitely playing injured or playing without confidence or both even. He's definitely lost his impact that he had in 2018.
Agree with you however regarding Field at 6 and keeping Lomax at 3. Anyone suggesting Field should be our goal-kicker doesn't watch CC. His % is about the same as Lafai and he's not a pressure goal kicker. In fact Nichols did the goal kicking in CC yesterday.

Spazer

Juniors
Just curious why some think Rava should be dropped? He has improved since round 1 and for his lack of experience has shown good vision in setting up that team try against Parra, and has the ability to switch hands to get an offload away in that same play. Also, he was the one who sent JP away against the Roosters the week before.

He makes strong returns and shows good vision.

Dragon for life

Juniors
Just curious why some think Rava should be dropped? He has improved since round 1 and for his lack of experience has shown good vision in setting up that team try against Parra, and has the ability to switch hands to get an offload away in that same play. Also, he was the one who sent JP away against the Roosters the week before.

He makes strong returns and shows good vision.
Yes he has improved. Just struggles under the high ball. Is going to get out jumped everytime.