What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd8: Parramatta v Dragons LIVE GAME DAY thread May 5th 2019

TheRam

Coach
ping @TheRam , I now concur with you on your opinion of Tep. What a dud.

The guy has never, ever lived up to the hype. If anything he is only getting worse. I would offload him and a few other fringe lumps and try to bring someone like Jai Arrow back home. He grew up in Greystanes till he was ten.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Moeroa is in the team for his defensive work rate. With Junior Paulo and an 80 minute hooker we need some hard workers around them. Moeroa does a good job, along with Alvaro and Mannah.
I’m acutely aware of that because I don’t think he has a spot in the team otherwise. However I reckon Mau can provide a similar work rate and he is far superior in attack.

ram raid

Bench
Today's game doesn't mean last week's game didn't happen. Or every other f**king game.

I know that. I was one of the people saying Parra are doing the right thing holding out. But yesterdays game has convinced me he's worth the clubs investment. You can tell he likes it there and he's a natural leader to that group.

From what I understand the point of contention is not the money Gutho wants, it's the length of the contract - Parra are offering 3 and he wants 4. Christ just give him what he wants.

strider

Post Whore
I know that. I was one of the people saying Parra are doing the right thing holding out. But yesterdays game has convinced me he's worth the clubs investment. You can tell he likes it there and he's a natural leader to that group.

From what I understand the point of contention is not the money Gutho wants, it's the length of the contract - Parra are offering 3 and he wants 4. Christ just give him what he wants.
The point of contention is our management not wanted to get shafted up the arse in every contract negotiation ... its a fair stance ... tho i would have given him 700k for 4 seasons from day 1

ram raid

Bench
The point of contention is our management not wanted to get shafted up the arse in every contract negotiation ... its a fair stance ... tho i would have given him 700k for 4 seasons from day 1

It is a fair stance. They've been cautious. Now it's time to make some signings.

hindy111

Post Whore
Hindy really hasn’t enjoyed winning this year, maybe he’s enjoying a good loos in the panthers forum!

I enjoy winning. I wont get carried away signing everyone up including coach after a few wins however. I will break the wins and losses down using facts. I then will decide. Certain players individualy where just as good this week as last week. And so far this season the coach hasn't been able to get the team to perform week in week out. Bar rnd 1 and 2 we seem to go win loss win loss.

forward pass

Coach
Reading this thread the day after a match is absolute gold.

My 2 cents worth on the Lane in goal error, didn't Fergo a few weeks ago put his foot over sideline to make a kick out? What's the difference?

emjaycee

Coach
Reading this thread the day after a match is absolute gold.

My 2 cents worth on the Lane in goal error, didn't Fergo a few weeks ago put his foot over sideline to make a kick out? What's the difference?
Sideline (touch in field of play) and touch in goal have different rules.

84 Baby

Referee
I enjoy winning. I wont get carried away signing everyone up including coach after a few wins however. I will break the wins and losses down using facts. I then will decide. Certain players individualy where just as good this week as last week. And so far this season the coach hasn't been able to get the team to perform week in week out. Bar rnd 1 and 2 we seem to go win loss win loss.
Your facts seem to revolve entirely around who was injured that game. Again should we discount Canberra and Dogs results against Manly?

hindy111

Post Whore
Your facts seem to revolve entirely around who was injured that game. Again should we discount Canberra and Dogs results against Manly?

Manly had the injured players......
Last season everytime we played sides they seemed to be full strength and we had no luck. This season we are getting our share of it and we are good enough to take advantage. Like I said we are a solid side. We are capable of finals for sure and a smokie to take it out if some players improve as year goes on.
Brown x 2 will be a boost as well.

Eelementary

Post Whore
30_bane.w330.h330.jpg

Lol!

84 Baby

Referee
Manly had the injured players......
Last season everytime we played sides they seemed to be full strength and we had no luck. This season we are getting our share of it and we are good enough to take advantage. Like I said we are a solid side. We are capable of finals for sure and a smokie to take it out if some players improve as year goes on.
Brown x 2 will be a boost as well.
So you agree that injuries weren’t FACTors in Manlys case?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Apparently prior to the second half of this game , he was pretty shit, he's been shit for not quite two weeks, but I think he un-shitted himself at half time.
Being shit sometimes is part of who he is as a player. Just like how he’s good a lot of the time. It all determines his value.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I’m acutely aware of that because I don’t think he has a spot in the team otherwise. However I reckon Mau can provide a similar work rate and he is far superior in attack.
Ma’u’s’ defensive work rate is nowhere near as good, plus he lacks Moeroa’s height and wingspan.

Latest posts